Chat log from the meeting on 2014-05-20

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [10:59] Chloey Alderson: hi [10:59]...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[10:59]  Chloey Alderson: hi
 
[10:59]  Chloey Alderson: hi
 
[10:59]  Richardus Raymaker: we never know about things in opensim
 
[10:59]  Richardus Raymaker: we never know about things in opensim
Line 409: Line 405:
 
[12:12]  Bwild Parx: tc Justin
 
[12:12]  Bwild Parx: tc Justin
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 14:26, 25 October 2015

[10:59]  Chloey Alderson: hi
[10:59]  Richardus Raymaker: we never know about things in opensim
[10:59]  Giadia Tede: Hi Billy
[10:59]  AlexRime SiLiSiLi is Online
[10:59]  Richardus Raymaker: hi all
[10:59]  Billy.Bradshaw @hg.viewtwo.net:8600: Hello
[10:59]  Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:59]  Connected
[11:00]  Giadia Tede: Hi Justin
[11:00]  Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi folks
[11:00]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: and the meeting location is . . . . . ?
[11:00]  Mata Hari: fun fun fun.....spend the last 8 hours on my sim unable to change clothes....hopefully it worked when I got here
[11:00]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: hi Mata
[11:00]  Mata Hari: hi Casias
[11:02]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: where is the meeting going to be held
[11:02]  Mata Hari: upstairs in the main building
[11:03]  Mata Hari: that inventory fetch bug is a major PITA if it gets stuck before it loads your appearance or any of your clothing folder contents
[11:04]  Andrew Hellershanks is Online
[11:04]  Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[11:04]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, everyone
[11:05]  Billy.Bradshaw @hg.viewtwo.net:8600: Mata Hari, does the inventory have to be a certain size, I have not seen the issue.
[11:06]  Mata Hari: no idea
[11:06]  Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:06]  Nebadon Izumi is Online
[11:06]  Justin Clark-Casey: hey robert
[11:06]  Mata Hari: think it has happened to people with very small inventories so I doubt it
[11:06]  Robert Adams: hello all
[11:06]  Mata Hari: and my inventory is tiny compared to many people's
[11:06]  Mata Hari: hi Robert
[11:07]  Nebs Metal Bar Stool v1.5 (w/sit & launch): Hello Nebadon Izumi, enjoy your sit..
[11:07]  Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon
[11:07]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi Neb
[11:07]  Nebadon Izumi: uhg, bad idea, logged into Meeting at Wright Plaza with cache cleared
[11:07]  Mata Hari: could you nudge that stop value up a little further if you get the chance....0.15m stairs are okay but 0.2m are still little bumpy unless you're at exactly 90 degrees to them
[11:07]  Andrew Hellershanks: What inventory issue?
[11:08]  Justin Clark-Casey: 138 users in world apparantly
[11:08]  Nebadon Izumi: I heard SL is down
[11:08]  Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:08]  vegaslon plutonian: yep
[11:08]  Sarah Kline: yes it is and i am alone at welcome centre struggling lol
[11:08]  Mata Hari: cool
[11:08]  vegaslon plutonian: seen people all day
[11:08]  Robert Adams: Mata: can do that.... you can also modify the value in your INI file
[11:08]  Sarah Kline: in two places at once
[11:09]  Mata Hari: kk, I could do that if you prefer
[11:09]  Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:09]  Mata Hari: but the default definitely needs a nudge until you get a chance to address it
[11:09]  Robert Adams: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/BulletSim#Avatar_Walking_Up_Stairs
[11:10]  Robert Adams: that way you can figure out what value works for you... then I can make it the default
[11:10]  Mata Hari: kk
[11:10]  Richardus Raymaker: i heared that to.
[11:10]  Mata Hari: my shape under this mesh is "Ruth" so I guess that would work as a good base
[11:11]  Robert Adams: there have been some complaints about mesh avatars... I think avatar size is correct for Ruth but not sure what is needed for mesh avatars
[11:11]  Mata Hari: the mesh should be phantom when worn, no?
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: ya mesh avatars shouldnt really be any different I dont think
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: the base shape is still the same
[11:12]  Mata Hari: I just assumed that the shape worn under it is what's used for physics calculations
[11:12]  Robert Adams has no experience or knowledge on mesh avatars
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: your physics dont conform to mesh shape
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: mesh is just an attachment
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: like any other attachment
[11:12]  Nebadon Izumi: its just rigged to your base shape
[11:12]  vegaslon plutonian: if their mesh avatars are sinking into the ground it is becouse they messed with the bones in the rig
[11:12]  Mata Hari: that's what I'd assumed, Neb
[11:13]  Robert Adams: attachements are not sent to the physics engine... the physics engine only knows about the base size of the avatar
[11:13]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:13]  Justin Clark-Casey: afaik, attachmnents are always phantom
[11:13]  Mata Hari whispers: kk...then as far as physics is concerned I'm "
[11:13]  Mata Hari: Ruth
[11:13]  Nebadon Izumi: however like vegaslon said
[11:13]  Nebadon Izumi: you can do rigging wrong and have your attachments showing below collision point
[11:14]  Nebadon Izumi: that would not be a opensim bug though, thats bad design
[11:14]  Dahlia Trimble waves
[11:14]  Nebadon Izumi: hello dahlia
[11:14]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[11:14]  Mata Hari: yes, I know that part (and my rigging is correct)
[11:14]  Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:14]  Justin Clark-Casey: radams: btw, did you also see http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7181?
[11:14]  Nebadon Izumi: can you demonstrate it?
[11:15]  Justin Clark-Casey: a strange bulletsim stack overflow, possibly
[11:15]  Mata Hari: in any event, I could have the worst rigging in the world and I should still have absolutely 0 trouble walking up stairs
[11:15]  Justin Clark-Casey: very surprising there are no physics objects in the region, though
[11:15]  Justin Clark-Casey: regions
[11:16]  Mata Hari: wearing heels, Neb, so not exactly perfect height
[11:16]  vegaslon plutonian: avatars are physics objects
[11:16]  Nebadon Izumi: thats on OSX eh?
[11:16]  Robert Adams: that's an interesting one, justincc
[11:16]  Nebadon Izumi: that probably gets about 1% testing heh
[11:16]  Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: good spot, I hadn't noticed
[11:16]  Robert Adams: I also saw your comment on the PhyicslObjects list locking
[11:16]  Justin Clark-Casey: ugh yes, mac osx very little testing
[11:16]  Nebadon Izumi: ya no doubt related to something with osx
[11:17]  Mata Hari: on my viewer I'm almost exactly standing on the floor....just a tiny bit above it which is fine
[11:17]  Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I am guessing, but it's the kind of issue I've seen before that occurs when you put such code under stress
[11:18]  Dahlia Trimble: stress?
[11:18]  Nebadon Izumi: you know Mata there was a bug in one of the viewers
[11:18]  Justin Clark-Casey: strictly reading the code, it seemed to me it should be impossible to get null out of that dicitionary
[11:18]  Nebadon Izumi: where avatar height wasnt working
[11:18]  Nebadon Izumi: where only you would see it and no one else did
[11:18]  Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: smxy setting up an avatar to teleport every 30 secs forever
[11:18]  Nebadon Izumi: with the hover setting
[11:18]  Nebadon Izumi: for avatar appearance
[11:18]  Justin Clark-Casey: although.... if it's just an avatar moving about then that would be a bit stranger
[11:18]  Mata Hari: yes....afaik FS 4.6.5 is WAD
[11:19]  Nebadon Izumi: not sure if that ever got resolved or not
[11:19]  Justin Clark-Casey: and no other physics delete/adds going on
[11:19]  Justin Clark-Casey: I thought he said he was running many avatars at once
[11:19]  Dahlia Trimble: teleporting within a region?
[11:19]  Justin Clark-Casey: in fact, I do have a pCampbot test which does exactly that, maybe I should pull it out
[11:19]  Robert Adams: there do seem to be some race conditions.... deleting and adding an avatar in one heartbeat shows up some of those
[11:19]  Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: no, this was ibetween regions
[11:19]  Kian: hi sorry im new here kinda...what u do discuss here?
[11:19]  Justin Clark-Casey: klan: technical opensimulator issues
[11:20]  Kian: ah okay thank you
[11:20]  Kian: well i do it by character test
[11:21]  Justin Clark-Casey: robert: btw, thanks for making the other change. I know I said I would do RC2 early this week but it might be a bit delayed
[11:21]  Richardus Raymaker: rebake, rewear ooutfit, relog
[11:21]  Dahlia Trimble: ctrl-alt-R
[11:21]  Justin Clark-Casey: I myself have two quite possible regressions I want to try and fix
[11:21]  Andrew Hellershanks: um... yea, what RIchardus just said.
[11:21]  Justin Clark-Casey: it looks like the changes to sit may have damaged camera settings when sitting on child prims
[11:21]  Richardus Raymaker: oops. thats not good
[11:21]  Mata Hari: I've been noticing another issue this week but no idea if it's a new one because it's something I haven't done for a while.....I have a script that is controlling a couples dance ball....for some reason about half the time one of the 2 avi isn't getting either 1 or both of the animations while the other one is always getting them.....only happens when the animations aren't in the person's viewer cache already
[11:22]  Justin Clark-Casey: animations haven't been touched for quite a while but i can imagine there are bugs
[11:22]  Justin Clark-Casey: quite possibly pre-existing though
[11:22]  Robert Adams is currently focusing on breakage in mega-regions.... my last changes regressed them
[11:22]  Justin Clark-Casey: robert: and the peanut gallery doesn't appear to be helping ;)
[11:23]  Dahlia Trimble: Darin, relogging into a region where inventory works (like this one) sometimes helps
[11:24]  Mata Hari: there is no way to get the person to start seeing that animation until they relog, but then when they do it seems the animation is in their viewer cache since it will start playing instantly, so it also might be a new viewer bug with the LSL code changes
[11:24]  Justin Clark-Casey: mata: yeah, that's possible too
[11:25]  Sarah Kline: just looked up peanut gallery ..lol at Justin )
[11:25]  Justin Balfour: what?
[11:25]  Sarah Kline: JC
[11:25]  Dahlia Trimble throws peanut shells...
[11:26]  Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: hoping I fixed that script attachment issue
[11:26]  Mata Hari shoos away the squrels
[11:26]  Dahlia Trimble: justin, Im not aware of that issue?
[11:26]  Justin Clark-Casey: the one where some scripts in attachments are not runing after teleport?
[11:27]  Dahlia Trimble: oh that one!
[11:27]  Dahlia Trimble: :D
[11:27]  Dahlia Trimble: what was it?
[11:27]  Darin Murphy: Nope still a cloud. :(
[11:27]  Justin Clark-Casey: a race condition between the thread coming from the source simulator and the one from the viewer
[11:27]  Justin Clark-Casey: the source sim thread would release the viewer thread before it had added the attachments
[11:27]  Justin Clark-Casey: so the viewer thread could outrace it through the script reinsertion code
[11:27]  Dahlia Trimble: oops
[11:28]  Mata Hari: oh...and another fun one.....did group limits suddenly get instituted (number of groups you can belong to)?
[11:28]  Justin Clark-Casey: not afaik
[11:28]  Nebadon Izumi: probably viewer dependant issue
[11:28]  Mata Hari: then probably a new FS bug with 4.5.6
[11:29]  Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, I think default limits in a lot of these areas would be sensible
[11:29]  Darin Murphy: Well I can go and try FS to see if it fixes it.
[11:29]  Mata Hari: I got a group invite on the weekend and had to leave 8 groups before it let me add the new one
[11:29]  Mata Hari: and I think I;m only a member of 15-20 groups or something now
[11:30]  Richardus Raymaker: JUstin, is that maby what create the not saveing or wrong disaplying scripts ?
[11:30]  Mata Hari: 20
[11:31]  Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: I don't know what yo umean
[11:31]  Richardus Raymaker: in the pasts. i got problems with scripts that not get saved or the wrong one dispalyed |(previous saved one)
[11:31]  Mata Hari: think that's a different bug Richardus....if you click off the prim in edit mode and then click back onto it the correctly updated script will appear
[11:32]  Andrew Hellershanks: Mata, the group limit used to be 25 in SL then it was bumped to 50. Now I see 42 in some viewers. The actual limit can be set as one of the parameters sent out in one of the data blocks sent during login.
[11:32]  Mata Hari: it's only if you edit the script, close it, then reopen it without leaving edit mode that it pulls the old script out of inventory instead of the new one
[11:32]  Richardus Raymaker: But, mata. you most  keep the script window open when you work on the object or move it after test you go back to coirrect errors
[11:32]  Mata Hari: if you don't close the script window you'll be working with the "current" version
[11:33]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I've had that issue of scripts reverting to a previous one when I was directly editing a script in a prim.
[11:33]  Andrew Hellershanks: Danged annoying. Cost me some work at times.
[11:33]  Mata Hari: yes, I've lost work that way many times
[11:33]  Darin Murphy: Well changing viewers didn't work, not I'm a red cloud instead of a white one. :(
[11:33]  Mata Hari: I get into the habit of clicking off the prim, waiting a few seconds, then click back on it
[11:34]  Richardus Raymaker: yup, that sounds like the one andrew. very annoying. and its the way how scripting works best
[11:34]  Dahlia Trimble: I dont think Ive seen reverting except maybe when editing scripts in attachments
[11:34]  Dahlia Trimble: I usually detach and reattach a lot so they get saved
[11:34]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I have mostly gotten in to the habit of copying the script before hitting save so I can paste the updated copy to a script file in inventory before saving back to the script in a prim.
[11:34]  Mata Hari: those should be persisted on script save though, shouldn't they?
[11:35]  Dahlia Trimble: Mata, not sure. Attachments are complex
[11:36]  Dahlia Trimble: I've had attachment editing problems like that in SL also
[11:37]  Mata Hari: yeah....any changes to attachments it unwear-rewear and pray :p
[11:37]  Mata Hari: *is
[11:38]  Richardus Raymaker: thats what i do to. but still anoying bug. weirdness
[11:38]  Mata Hari: yeps
[11:38]  Richardus Raymaker: maby i save faster then the serve rcan save it sometimes to
[11:38]  Justin Clark-Casey: it's going to be some race issue, some complex thing opensim is not doing
[11:38]  Mata Hari: ctrl+C >> alt-tab to notepad >> ctrl+V and then close script is safest
[11:38]  Richardus Raymaker: and maby that problem is less now. long time ago i did something with scripts
[11:39]  Richardus Raymaker: correction notepad++ is safer
[11:39]  Mata Hari: yes, that's what I use
[11:39]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: I have been trying the oculus dk1 and would be interestedin talking to any body else who has
[11:39]  Jon Chen: hi
[11:40]  Jon Chen: is there a meeting or something?
[11:40]  Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:40]  Andrew Hellershanks: Jon, yes.
[11:40]  Richardus Raymaker: i have tried the dk1 to. and keeping eye on it
[11:40]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: i am a bit underwhelmed btw
[11:40]  Richardus Raymaker: not haved one. but the dk2 must be much better
[11:40]  Andrew Hellershanks: Jon, you may stay if you like. THis is the weekly Open Simulator development meeting.
[11:40]  Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.8.0 Dev          5ec3429: 2014-05-19 23:01:48 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:40]  Jon Chen: Ah, the technical end of things -- thanks...
[11:41]  Jon Chen waves to Rich :)
[11:41]  Andrew Hellershanks: Jon, yup. yw
[11:41]  Justin Clark-Casey: I have one of the earliset oculus kits
[11:41]  Richardus Raymaker: the dk1 ?
[11:42]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: the one i have is dk1
[11:42]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I wasn't sure if the script reverting issue was an OS issue or a viewer issue. I haven't changed the backend in a while but the problem seems to have (mostly?) gone away now that I'm using a more recent alpha of Singularity.
[11:42]  Richardus Raymaker: i wish to know what the developer oculus woulkd cost in europe. after its at your home. shipping andborder costs , you know
[11:42]  Justin Clark-Casey: yes, dk1
[11:42]  Dahlia Trimble: I'm cheap. I made a rift-clone out of an old galaxy tab and a pair of safety goggles and some duct tape and some reading glasses and some software magic
[11:43]  Richardus Raymaker: Ok, andrew. we will see when iim scripting again
[11:43]  Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia, really? That's a way to DIY. :)
[11:43]  Mata Hari: lol....stylish!
[11:43]  Richardus Raymaker: well..
[11:43]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I'm often scripting. It is one of the things I do.
[11:43]  Mata Hari: do you wear a tinfoil hat too?
[11:43]  Richardus Raymaker: http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/oculus-open-source-competitor-on-the-horzion-with-multi-function-controller/
[11:44]  Dahlia Trimble: mata, no it interferes with the wifi on the galaxy tab :(
[11:44]  Darin Murphy: So are there any helpful avatars or guides on OSGrid?
[11:44]  Mata Hari: aw
[11:44]  Mata Hari: what you need to go is get a pair of replica Jordi glasses from STNG
[11:44]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: i find the resolution with the dk1 so poor compared with normal viewing that is is quite distracting
[11:45]  Andrew Hellershanks: Mata, not really. They were very broad spectrum and tended to give him headaches.
[11:45]  Mata Hari: complete with the implants in your temple to click them into
[11:45]  Richardus Raymaker: yes, its low. and for me it where maby not good adjusted so it where not sharp to
[11:46]  Richardus Raymaker: the dk2 is better. if you read the specs
[11:46]  Andrew Hellershanks: Darin, What sort of help/information do you want/need?
[11:46]  Mata Hari: did anyone get back to you yet on the llUnSit with no sit target set or should I test that?
[11:47]  Mata Hari: (still shows as "feedback" in Mantis)
[11:48]  Dev Random: Robert: I've been running with physics logging for a week, and haven't had the "collisions stop working" failure happen again. Seems to be a Heisenbug.
[11:48]  Andrew Hellershanks: Darin, Have you also done the logout, clear viewer cache, before logging in again?
[11:48]  Dahlia Trimble: Darin, go to inventory, click the "worn" tab and see if any of the items have any funny messages next to them
[11:48]  Justin Clark-Casey: mata: no tests, feel free to test. It should have been working since may
[11:49]  Mata Hari: kk...I know it works with sit target set....haven't tested it without though
[11:49]  Robert Adams: I hate it when debug logging 'fixes' a problem
[11:49]  Dev Random: heh.. It turns the race condition into a race through mud.
[11:49]  Andrew Hellershanks: Darin, It can be an issue with something you are wearing. That includes skin and shape. Take everything off, change shape and skin too if still not resolved.
[11:50]  Mata Hari: a sign of a race condition maybe? taking time to log it slows it down just enough to lose the race?
[11:50]  paela argus is Online
[11:50]  Justin Clark-Casey: yes, logging changing timing
[11:50]  Dev Random: anyway.. still trying.
[11:50]  Bwild Parx: would bee cool to have animations across a hg jump; say to bring in a fleet of star cruser teams through a gate
[11:51]  Aaron Duffy is Online
[11:51]  Robert Adams: thanks, Dev... and I'm looking to see what the problem is with mega-regions
[11:51]  Mata Hari doesn't want the Borg to suddenly materialize over her sim
[11:51]  Andrew Hellershanks had a mental flash of a seen from Stargate SG-1
[11:51]  Andrew Hellershanks: s/seen/scene/
[11:51]  Cuteulala Artis is Offline
[11:51]  Robert Adams: I know of two problems with megas -- TPing into the non-root region goes bad and crossing borders is not as smooth as it used to be
[11:51]  vegaslon plutonian: would be cool to allow vehicle and stuff to teleport to another region but know that would be a huge greifing risk
[11:52]  Bwild Parx: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Saber15/x3screen000251.jpg
[11:52]  Andrew Hellershanks: vegaslon, someone standing by a gate and tossing objects at it to have them appear in another location? :)
[11:53]  Mata Hari: bigger fish to fry first....would be nice to just to be able to log in to a non-Plaza region reliably
[11:53]  vegaslon plutonian: ya
[11:53]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: how do i toss an object in os
[11:53]  Aaron Duffy: Sorry for the bumps
[11:53]  Justin Clark-Casey: he arron
[11:53]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi aaron
[11:54]  alfiere rossini: ciao
[11:54]  alfiere rossini (it -> en): Hello
[11:54]  Aaron Duffy: Hi Justin... and all
[11:54]  Justin Clark-Casey: haven't seen you for quite a while
[11:54]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: not sure i know how to throw something in os is it possible
[11:54]  Andrew Hellershanks: casias, I would have to check a snowball thrower to remember how it is done.
[11:55]  Dev Random: casias: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlApplyImpulse
[11:55]  vegaslon plutonian: you can also throw stuff with grab
[11:55]  paela argus: hello =)
[11:55]  Aaron Duffy: Yeah, moved on to other projects
[11:55]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: dev tks
[11:55]  Lance Fang: hello Amy!
[11:55]  Amy Cable: hello
[11:55]  Lance Fang: good seeing you again after the Maritime Club party
[11:56]  Richardus Raymaker: andrew push object ?
[11:56]  Robert Adams: hey Aaron!
[11:56]  Mata Hari: llRezObject and give it the params you want
[11:56]  Amy Cable: ty its nice to cu
[11:56]  Aaron Duffy: Hey Robert :)
[11:56]  Mata Hari: (with snowball in the object inventory)
[11:56]  Justin Clark-Casey: neb: ever thought about moving this meeting location a bit?
[11:57]  Justin Clark-Casey: we seem to get a lot of cross talk with the folks below ;)
[11:57]  Amy Cable: sorry
[11:57]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: tks for throw tips everybody
[11:57]  Richardus Raymaker: uhmm. just move the landing point. not the building
[11:57]  Vivian Klees: a change of landing point maybe
[11:57]  Justin Clark-Casey nods
[11:57]  Bwild Parx: i noticed that one the sandbox plaza, i can hear localchat from sandbox plaza II :P
[11:58]  Justin Clark-Casey: has anybody noticed chat distance bugs? There are reports but I was not able to reproduce them locally
[11:58]  Mata Hari: might have region settings to allow that
[11:58]  Bwild Parx: oh i know easy fix, Tuesday Group IMs
[11:58]  Robert Adams: I need to run..... see you all on Mantis :)
[11:58]  Justin Clark-Casey: heh, see you Robert
[11:58]  Bwild Parx: tc Robert
[11:58]  Mata Hari: bye Robert
[11:58]  Richardus Raymaker: bye robert
[11:59]  Nebadon Izumi: Justin
[11:59]  Nebadon Izumi: there is a chat problem
[11:59]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, Give me a few minutes and I'll check.
[11:59]  Nebadon Izumi: it started with varregions
[11:59]  Nebadon Izumi: and distance checking stuff
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: that really needs to be fixed for sure
[12:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: In the Mantis it apparantly also occurs on regular regions, or is that a red herring
[12:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: I tried to repro on var regions too and could not
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: Robert s the one who made changes that broke it
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: yes
[12:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: I need more data on this
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: it effects everything
[12:00]  Sarah Kline: you can hear regular regions from var
[12:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: so, I need a better description of how to rperoduce it
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: have 2 regions next door to each other
[12:00]  Justin Clark-Casey: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7163
[12:00]  Bwild Parx: (imagines having ears with radio wave capacities)
[12:00]  Nebadon Izumi: and log 1 avatar into 1
[12:01]  Nebadon Izumi: and 1 into the other
[12:01]  Nebadon Izumi: and chat
[12:01]  Richardus Raymaker: Bwild. hopefull selective radio ears
[12:01]  Nebadon Izumi: you can experience it at Sandbox Plaza and Sandbox Plaza II
[12:01]  Sarah Kline: SB plazas also have void across from SBIII
[12:01]  Bwild Parx: definetly, with presets for insider traders
[12:01]  Dev Random thinks Bwild is listening for the Icarus beacon
[12:02]  Nebadon Izumi: definitely check with Robert Adams about the chat issue
[12:02]  Nebadon Izumi: I can say 100% it started with a change he made for varregions
[12:02]  casias.falta @3dcolab.com:9015: go to go thanks for the "throw" tips
[12:02]  Justin Clark-Casey: nobody can say anything 100%
[12:02]  Nebadon Izumi: I CAN!
[12:02]  Nebadon Izumi: haha jk
[12:02]  Justin Clark-Casey: hmph
[12:03]  Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, just a simple llRezObject with a velocity set.
[12:03]  Justin Clark-Casey: man, how are you people managing to come up with so many regressions
[12:03]  Nebadon Izumi: but i noticed it the day he made the change though
[12:03]  Richardus Raymaker: ti can say 100% that you cant say 100%
[12:03]  Richardus Raymaker: tcool andrew
[12:03]  Nebadon Izumi: ive mentioned it to him on several occasions, but I think he has been distracted, as have I
[12:03]  vegaslon plutonian: hang onto this stuff in hopes it is fixed by something else:)
[12:03]  Justin Clark-Casey: there have been many other physics issues
[12:03]  Justin Clark-Casey: which are certainly not his fault - it's a very complex thing to imeplmeent
[12:04]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[12:04]  Justin Clark-Casey: and var regions too, very non-trivial changes
[12:04]  Andrew Hellershanks: richardus, yw
[12:04]  Richardus Raymaker: can you cross from var to var ?
[12:04]  paela argus is Offline
[12:04]  Nebadon Izumi: i dont think I will run anything but varregions in the future
[12:04]  Nebadon Izumi: im so done with 256 size regions hehe
[12:04]  Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:04]  Richardus Raymaker: because when i jump to 0.8 i like to put all on var. but then i need simborder crossing
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: most everything i do from now on will be on 767x768 vars
[12:05]  vegaslon plutonian: yes you can cross between to var regions
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[12:05]  Andrew Hellershanks: I'll have to TP to a varregion sometime and do a terrain save and see what happens.
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: i have a 3x5 var grid
[12:05]  Andrew Hellershanks: I bet it won't work properly.
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: they are all 768x768 vars
[12:05]  Mata Hari is glad she's not paying Neb's electricity bill for the hardware to run that
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: you can fly through it very nicely
[12:05]  Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: terrain save should work just fine - why so pessimitic?
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: much better than if it was 135 seperate regions
[12:05]  Nebadon Izumi: if it was seperate regions i dont think id make it more than 5 or 6 borders before a crash
[12:06]  Richardus Raymaker: close nebadon..
[12:06]  Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, unless you can say what type of file to save my understanding of raw files is that it may not work or will result in gigantic files.
[12:06]  Justin Clark-Casey: they will be large files
[12:06]  Dahlia Trimble: bye all :) *poofs*
[12:06]  Richardus Raymaker: bye
[12:06]  Mata Hari: bye Dalhia
[12:06]  Bwild Parx: tc Dahilia
[12:07]  Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, I'm often pessimistic until I actually try something for myself.
[12:07]  Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think ppl appreciate that if you have a region that is 1024 x 1024, that's the equivalent of 16 normal regions
[12:07]  Andrew Hellershanks: I should get going. I want to walk the cat before the rain starts.
[12:07]  Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[12:07]  Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: what a jolly way to look on things
[12:08]  Justin Clark-Casey: very uplifting
[12:08]  Mata Hari: how does that apply to death?
[12:08]  Richardus Raymaker: bye anbdrew
[12:08]  Vivian Klees: lol he's optimistic it's going to rain
[12:08]  Mata Hari: you don't believe in it until happens to you?
[12:08]  Billy.Bradshaw @hg.viewtwo.net:8600: Nebadon: you say you can identify the commit when chat issues began?
[12:08]  Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: sorry, all these bugs are getting me down a bit
[12:09]  Justin Clark-Casey: I just want to do the next rc2 but things keep popping up
[12:09]  Andrew Hellershanks: Vivian, depends on how much faith you put in the weather men.
[12:09]  Justin Clark-Casey: I'm sure we'll get thruogh this
[12:09]  Dev Random: RAW file should save fine I'd think. it's a stream of floats isn't it? but it'll be big.
[12:09]  Justin Clark-Casey: billy: no, I think he's saying that Robert can...
[12:09]  Billy.Bradshaw @hg.viewtwo.net:8600: ok
[12:09]  Richardus Raymaker: it still happens sometimes that 0.7.61 is crashing
[12:09]  Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, np. I know that feeling. it is just something I'd like to test for myself just to say I've done it and see what happens. If its ok as is, fantastic, If not, it may be yet another thing I have to try fixing.
[12:10]  Andrew Hellershanks: I still want to fix the handling for parcel data in the raw files.
[12:10]  Justin Clark-Casey: afaik, it should work because it needs to for oar files
[12:10]  Andrew Hellershanks: Right.
[12:10]  Justin Clark-Casey: otherwise oar files would not save load varregion terrain
[12:10]  Andrew Hellershanks nods
[12:11]  UUID Speaker: johan1978 Resident: b6473df0-50a6-4fd4-8263-c20608fc8cc8
[12:11]  UUID Speaker: johan1978 Resident: b6473df0-50a6-4fd4-8263-c20608fc8cc8
[12:11]  Andrew Hellershanks: It will be interesting to extract some of the geographic data for some islands and large parts of the world and load them in to a varregion.
[12:11]  Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go get something to eat
[12:11]  Andrew Hellershanks: I used to know where to find the GIS data.
[12:11]  Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:11]  Billy.Bradshaw @hg.viewtwo.net:8600: Food, good idea. bfn...
[12:11]  Mata Hari: bye Justin....I'll go test the llUSit and leave a note in Mantis
[12:11]  Aaron Duffy: bye Justin
[12:11]  Justin Clark-Casey: bye folks
[12:11]  Andrew Hellershanks: Lunch is about an hour before this meeting for me.
[12:11]  Andrew Hellershanks: tc, Justin
[12:11]  Mata Hari waves bye to all
[12:12]  Justin Clark-Casey: this is before dinner, so I'm always a bit grouchy :)
[12:12]  Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:12]  Justin Clark-Casey: already been sitting in slightly frustraing meetings for 2 hors + today
[12:12]  Justin Clark-Casey: and now my typing is going to hell
[12:12]  Andrew Hellershanks eyes the cloudy skies that look threatening for rain.
[12:12]  Justin Clark-Casey: anyway , bye folks
[12:12]  Bwild Parx: tc Justin
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki