Chat log from the meeting on 2014-01-28

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi cute....")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi cute. not sure how you did the rollercoaster. but my tains till gives at some point problems. but if you dont use KFM i think i have soemthing thats not working to bad
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi cute. not sure how you did the rollercoaster. but my tains till gives at some point problems. but if you dont use KFM i think i have soemthing thats not working to bad
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: yea I recall this happening before Andrew
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: yea I recall this happening before Andrew
Line 405: Line 401:
 
[12:12] delta zed is offline.
 
[12:12] delta zed is offline.
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 14:20, 25 October 2015

[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi cute. not sure how you did the rollercoaster. but my tains till gives at some point problems. but if you dont use KFM i think i have soemthing thats not working to bad
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: yea I recall this happening before Andrew
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: I think it is possible to get dupes
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I had around 4.8 million records in the estate_manager table where 1.6 million had one estate ID and avatar UUID, and 3.2 million records had a different combination of estate ID and avatar UUID.
[11:06] Cuteulala Artis: Can i bring up a issue?
[11:06] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: hi Justin
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: ANdrew, do you use 1 database for many regions ?
[11:06] delta zed: aloha Justin
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi fine, folks
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:07] After Life is offline.
[11:07] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: Hi Justin
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I have only one db for estate information.
[11:07] Mircea Kitsune: hi Justin
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: I think it is the GridUser table Andrew
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, thought that might be the one. I'll check the table.
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: I have got a weird problem last time to. it happens that script stops complete and dont respond on save or reset. it seems only deletion of the state fails fixt it..
[11:08] Cuteulala Artis: The issue has been mantis by dan banner as a minor issue but i consider it a serious issue the consule will spam forever like 4 times a second about a baking issue with my avatar on 0.8 release of osgrid this causes a enormous sim lag and a massive log file and if it goes all night the file can reach a 100mb size the only way to stop the spam is typing show appearence Cuteulala Artis or the affecting avatar
[11:09] delta zed is online.
[11:09] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.8.0 Dev          966ab21: 2014-01-24 00:17:39 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: is this something that has been occurring only for the past ocuple of months?
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: stae file deletetion fixt it last file
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: last time . omg
[11:09] Cuteulala Artis: only on 0.8.0 since the new baking fixes
[11:09] Cuteulala Artis: it happens all the time with Me? and some avatars
[11:10] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: strange this version runs fine on my server and fast as hell
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: ok, that's something that needs to be fixed. You say it stops happening if you type "show appearance"?
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: have you got a lot of new clothing items with the description "Failed Wearable replacement"
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: ?
[11:10] Cuteulala Artis: yes
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: only working with 0.8dev var on standalone for now
[11:10] Cuteulala Artis: spam stops with show appearence and avatar name of affected however in world we see us loaded fine
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: was that a yes to me or freakytech?
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: it is the damn added thing about checking wearable IDs
[11:10] Cuteulala Artis: yes to justin
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: I disabled it
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: because of just giving problems
[11:10] Cuteulala Artis: freak no
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: there are a bunch of bugs that need to be fixed in all this merge stuff
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon: I see only one entry in Grid User table for the avatar.
[11:10] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: it fails to access inventory
[11:11] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: but it do not save my appearence sometime i'm wearing red pants
[11:11] Cuteulala Artis: my avatar loads fine with all textures
[11:11] Cuteulala Artis: and assets
[11:11] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: had no rezzing problems despite that
[11:11] Cuteulala Artis: but the spam starts at any time
[11:11] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: disabling
[11:11] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: it is the code block with TryAndRepairWearable
[11:11] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: in AVFactoryModule.cs
[11:12] Cuteulala Artis: i think a fix would be to make the consule automaticaly do a show apperence for any avatar that enters
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, have you tried forcing recompile of scripts?
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. no.. normalyy that would happen if you trigger a save. and thats failing
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: well, whatever show appearance is doing
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: could you add that info to the mantis?
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: dan has
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: its in mantis as a minor issue
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: Ah HAHAHA... :O
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: its a serious one Ah HAHAHA... :O
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: cute: what number?
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: upgrade it
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: um let Me? see if i can find it
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: Cute, my view
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: unless you have 1000 reports :O
[11:14] Cuteulala Artis: dan did themantis
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: ohh. ok
[11:14] Cuteulala Artis: he saw it happen multiple times
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: Mantis should put closed reports lower down in each of the areas under my view.
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: bla
[11:16] Cuteulala Artis: does anyone have access to
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: ok, everybody still alive
[11:16] Cuteulala Artis: the region soncule of this plaza?
[11:17] Cuteulala Artis: i might be able to recreate the spam
[11:17] Cuteulala Artis: on this consule for this sim
[11:17] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: there should be already some
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: i dont see or find an sim with that name
[11:17] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: got three shirts and one shape
[11:17] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: created by that module
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: I have access but what I really need is the number of that bug report
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: did dan file the bug report?
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis: yes
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis: he did
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis: let Me? ware the offending avatar lol
[11:18] Strachan Ofarrel: This might be it ... http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6927
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: yes
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: thats it!
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: here Justincc
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi shouts: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6927
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: beat me lol
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: it cna happen all the time
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I see dan banner made those notes
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: the muppet put it as a minor hahaha
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: it crashes my sims
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: if it runs long enough
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: undetected
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: basically, this merge has brought in a whole load of problems which I now have to debug
[11:20] Cuteulala Artis: reduces sim performence by 70%
[11:20] Cuteulala Artis: makes processor work at 13%
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: and where still note done with the merge right ?
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: we're effectively done, since any further changes now have to be normal commits
[11:20] Cuteulala Artis: forced the harddrive to constantly write data
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: merging like this is unworkable
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: very odd that show appearance fixes it
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: aha, so maby soon var go to master to.
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: show Appearance Cuteulala Artis
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: fixes it for Me?
[11:21] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: here is the other issue I made once relating the same issue Cute has: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6939
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: that doestn make any sense
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: temporarly untill i restart the region
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: just doid you made by accident soem fix that avoid script stop running and cant be started anymore with save in script editor ?
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: i dont normaly complain but this issue is much more then minor haha
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: I intend to go through this code and fix it one way or another
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: but I'm finding it very difficult to get the time at the moment
[11:22] Cuteulala Artis: i do find rebaking is better
[11:22] Cuteulala Artis: we load much faster
[11:22] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: oes mel not do any bug fixing of her meges?
[11:22] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: merges
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: practically none
[11:23] Cuteulala Artis: My Name Is Bloom!
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: well the work flow is a bit fractured at the moment too with me Traveling
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: obviously it works elsewhere under different conditions, but when it's just dumped into master it doesn't
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: generally I would be bugging melanie and others to fix bugs quicker
[11:23] Cuteulala Artis: if i ware my fave My Name Is Bloom! avatar it might spam the consule in wright plaza so i wont ware it
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, not good. One should be responsible for fixing bugs introduced by the code one commits.
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: you would think, wouldn't you?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: Melanie is usually pretty good at fixing bugs she creates
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: but like I said usually I have more time to bug her too
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: things already work betetr if there's 1 master
[11:24] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: you shouldnt need to Neb
[11:24] Navigatorius MB: Hello to everyone :)
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: hi navigatorius
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: well that is what I do on this project
[11:25] Navigatorius MB: Maybe You know who is working with virwox money system?
[11:25] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: nods
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: only people who work on Virwox are virwox employees
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: my experience with trying to work with them has been terrible
[11:26] Navigatorius MB: :)
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: I have talked with the person behind Virwox but not for a long time.
[11:27] Navigatorius MB: i see
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: It is mainly one person.
[11:27] Navigatorius MB: but in few regions its working
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: You need to be authorized to use the Virwox money system.
[11:28] Navigatorius MB: yes i kow
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm not sure how it works with an open grid.
[11:28] Navigatorius MB: know
[11:28] Navigatorius MB: works in few regions
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: I used it for a while on a closed grid.
[11:28] Cuteulala Artis: 0.8.0 also clouded all npc notecards before it haha minor tho easy fix make new one
[11:28] Navigatorius MB: i saw
[11:29] Cuteulala Artis: i miss my npc dolls
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: I had a few OM$ in my account. They apply fees to the accounts every so often (if they haven't been used in a while?) so now I have nothing left in it.
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: What happensd cute ?
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: lol
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: fees for holding money?
[11:30] Cuteulala Artis: nothing serious just the new bake code has clouded all the npc notecards i got over the weeks before 0.8 came out
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: Ok, i hear virworx is not good
[11:30] Cuteulala Artis: that was to be expected tho
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, yea, seems that is what they did. Good thing I didn't have much in there. Couple of dollars worth or so.
[11:30] Cuteulala Artis: i had a few friends as a npc was so cool lol. how ever a grid must update and keep updating and we must adjust to better
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Might have been a lot less than that.
[11:31] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: Meh :/
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: Andrew, that sounds just simple stealimng if the dont require. account holders fee (if i say right)
[11:31] Cuteulala Artis: Ah HAHAHA... :O
[11:31] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: wouldnt the bake code continue to cause that problem?
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: Cute, time for soem CPR on the NPC ?
[11:31] Cuteulala Artis: Getting Real Angry!!!
[11:31] Cuteulala Artis: gesture
[11:31] Cuteulala Artis: Ah HAHAHA... :O
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm guessing if the appearance serlalizatio nformat hs changed then that would break the npc appearance restore
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: ah
[11:32] Cuteulala Artis: brb sec sorry
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, all this stuff is interconnected, which is part of the problem
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: I noticed my NPCs where gas clouds too
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: i assumed I had something set wrong though
[11:33] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: was there a list somewhere of what the merges was bringing in new features?
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I expect it coul dhave been made compatible
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: justin, it feels like your loking now at pile of spaghettie code.  betwenit crawling bug
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: the only list is in the source code
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: rira: yes, that's what happens when somebody just puts a whole load of private code in
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: code which has not come in as separate commits or undergone scrutiny along the way
[11:34] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: so do you know what new features were brought in Justin?
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: well KeyFrameMotion simborder crossing works (a bit to good) in the variable branch :)
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: I think it was more code to support new features which were never added
[11:35] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: so then the merging isnt complete?
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: no
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: not as far as I'm aware
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: as far as I'm concerened, it's complete. I am going to start fixing all these bugs and move on
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: yea I would
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: when you found the bag of time back
[11:36] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: sounds like a bit of a mess
[11:36] Dahlia Trimble: I thought there was supposed to be code added which allows improved vehicle crossing
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: I have been fixing bugs already but have not got to the apperance stuff
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: which I agree needs urgent attention
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: I will try to find some time today to talk with melanie if I can
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: wish I wasnt so busy
[11:37] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: sounds like Mel should be here to say whats supposedly her new code is supposed to do
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: Nebadon, at the other side. be busy canbe good to
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: it's up to individuals whether they come to this meeting or not
[11:38] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: shouldnt there be some rules and protocols for how core devs add code?
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: Justin, i have not read any npoothing about the verhicle stuff where done and master where more sofe again what ever that means.
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: most of this is just common sense and normal respect for othe rpeople
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: Arielle, in general core deveopers can do what they want and they usually try to work with each other
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: and note aboyt berhicle stuff is done'
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: can better stop writeing
[11:40] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: so noone really knows why master was stalled for a couple months?
[11:41] Cuteulala Artis: cause a new master is gonna take over the kingdom
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: it was stalled because melanie wanted to do this merge
[11:41] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: or at least not what the features were that she need it frozen?
[11:41] Cuteulala Artis: hehehe
[11:41] Cuteulala Artis: hehe
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: and then things got endlessly delayed
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: and now we have a master which is still not fit for purposes
[11:41] Cuteulala Artis: haha
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: But.. sofar i know its still frozen .
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: Arielle, Melanie had promised to donate some code which improves vehicle crossing. She donated part of it but had more to extract from her version and had not donated that yet
[11:42] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: ok, but i was under the distinct impression she was donating more thn just that
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: she says that she has been ill and has not been able to extract the last parts
[11:42] Cuteulala Artis: i must brb in urgency Ah HAHAHA... :O
[11:42] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: last thing i heared is that some things would be done and its soon useable. think that where last week. can be wrong
[11:43] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: i would have to go back over my irc logs but i was pretty sure there was substantially more then just crossig code
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: Arielle, there may be more but I can't remember at the moment
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: ok I just conveyed to melanie in skype that basically no one is waiting for her anymore
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: and that if she wants to do this she needs to do it now or no one is waiting anymore
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: no response yet but she will when she sees it
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: yes, progress and debugging is slowing down to snail speed :O
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: so if she doesnt respond in the next 24 hours I say that the chains are off
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: and that no one should wait for her anymore
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: i work only with the var branch.. becuasue there's what i need. sofar it works
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: honestly, I'm not waiting anyway
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: we could also revert her prior commits
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya I dont really expect you do
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: According to http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-dev/2014-January/012135.html master is supposed to be useable
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: justin, you still hav eyour own branch ?
[11:45] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: what Dalia said
[11:45] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: Dahlia^
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I have the justincc-master branch but that's temporary
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: but i need the var code. and still find problems in there to. that better can be out before its going to master
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I needed a branch with code before the merge so that I could make progress on other things myself
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: so 3 banches now.. :O
[11:46] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I deleted grid user record for avatar. Logging in to home still sends them to wrong place. Next step is make a new avatar for user, copy inventory from the bad avatar, and delete the bad avatar
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: ok I am not going to argue it anymore myself either, I pretty much gaver her the ultimatum, so its up to her, if she decides to not take action its no ones fault but her own at this point
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: 4 weeks or so to get the code in. no mkae i 5-6 weeks
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: honetly, I prefer to make progress on master - I'm just fustrated at the new complicated problems introduced
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: we wouldn't let anybody else just merge in a whole lump of code without explanation or subsequent bugfix work
[11:47] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: why not use a premerge master and then bring her changes in gradually?
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: she refused to do that work
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: I've been pushing to master but nothing Ive done has affected any of her work
[11:47] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: thats a long time
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: you see, on the one hand we want new code and improvements to long standing issues in opensim
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: IIRC, she was ill for part of the time but it has still been ages.
[11:48] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: on the other you introduce large issues right away
[11:48] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: to kill the devs time
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: but we can't have a whole bunch of regressions that are really complicated to fix
[11:48] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: and on the other hand we dont know if she actually merged that in
[11:48] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: or if it is complete
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: Ok. sounds im still ga,ble on the right horse. Variable regions
[11:49] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: it only takes 10 minutes to send the code .. or is it windows 10 ?
[11:49] Mircea Kitsune: Ah, I remembered a little problem I noticed, which I wanted to ask about
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: fine. sofar io know it need to be extracted from other custom code. and then pushed in the opensim code. thats a bit more work
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: what problem mircea
[11:50] Mircea Kitsune: Why is it that occasionally, I came across regions that appear perfectly fine on the main map / minimap, but don't load in-world? And crossing into them either suspends you for a whole minute, or can even force you to have to relog on the grid.
[11:50] Mircea Kitsune: Perhaps they should be prevented somehow
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: dead region ?
[11:50] Mircea Kitsune: I think
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: because maptiles still dont get removed from the maptile directory
[11:51] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: or an older .7.4 reion?
[11:51] Mircea Kitsune: But if it's down, shouldn't it be completely detected as being down?
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: Mircea, region needs restarting
[11:51] Mircea Kitsune: Ah
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm not sure if there's an osgrid mecahnism for detecting unresponsive regions?
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: SL has a way to turn dead regions red on the map
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: 0.7.4 in osgrid ?? eep
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: not sure we have that
[11:51] Mircea Kitsune: Yeah, Opensim too. The region in front of me for instance is red on the minimap, and not appearing in-world
[11:51] Mircea Kitsune: However,
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we do have a way but I have not run it in a long time
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: it can be there but zombie'd. The problem with the SL protocol from an osgrid perspective is that it simulators can kill a client session
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: I need to clone myself like 5 times
[11:52] Mircea Kitsune: Some days ago I seen a region that was white on map but not loaded
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: i probably still would not have enough time
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not like the web where if a website doesn't response you have no problem (usually) navigating to a new one
[11:52] Mircea Kitsune: Worst issue is, crossing into it, breaks the avatar for at least a minute, if not permanently sticking it in a corner
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon, cloneing is not the problem. but i dont think the NPC's are much helpfull
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, set up a cron job to retrieve region stats(?)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: I always said if I cloned myself I would probably not actually get anything done
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: cause i would likely end up spending all my time arguing with myself
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:53] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: lol
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: Yeah, i have that good movie still on disk nebadon. "more money dont make things better"
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: nebaon, assign the different you's different jobs. :)
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: different and unrelated.
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: cloning yourself doesnt work, Ive tried it
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: you get a positive one and negative clone ?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[11:55] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: but ya Andrew I have been wanting to automate the process but just have not found the time
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: I should try to set aside some time when I get back from California
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks nods to nebadon
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i have a few weeks before I head out to sweden for a month
[11:56] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: Fernando making opensim into a service
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: you qre quite the traveller nowadays
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: you seems to be around cold places most of the time
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: I know its cool to travel but its sucking up all my time too
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, make sure you pack up some of the warm California weather before you leave. I need it up my way. Its dang cold here and has been for most of the last week or two.
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: honestly, that's one of the reasons I tend to avoid it
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: I was in San Fransisco couple days ago
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: though I willl be going on a short holiday to budapest later half of next week
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:58] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: i like budapest
[11:58] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: go over the bridge there its awesome
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I think that's what people say
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: i think i would go nnuts with all the materials you can amke pictures from :O
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: ya its pretty sad, walking around San Fransisco looking at all the buildings all i can think about is how I would build models of them
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: :D
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: ohh. that to
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, google earth would like that
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: but for san fransisco you need a var region. lol
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: I am getting ready to build a model of San Jose soon
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: it will be 100 regions
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: 10x10
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: that should be interesting
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: on what system you going to run that and memory ?
[12:02] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: hehe heavy
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: are you going to do anything with simulator side draw distance?
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: not sure I have not ordered the server soon
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: btw, what is the tokens table used for?
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: yes Justin we will
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: on our previous models we generally have anywhere from 18 to 36 regions visible as soon as you log in
[12:02] Mircea Kitsune: Simulator side draw distance? What's it useful for?
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: aha. i puyt my max. at 8x8 on 16GB hex core. or 6x6
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting. Any issues with that?
[12:02] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: it is part of the authentication stuff Andrew
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: Mircea you man intrest list ?
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya it will probably be an 8 core with 32gb ram
[12:03] Andrew Hellershanks: I see two tokens for the avatar that can't log in to their home.
[12:03] Mircea Kitsune: Ah. If you mean loading objects to avatars based on how close they are to it, yeah, that's a great idea
[12:03] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: Andrew you should check the sims status
[12:03] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: what about the vari region loading limitation for the viewers?
[12:03] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: because it might have a left presence in there
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: i can increase to 32GB someday.. but still 8x8 i see as max. so your 10x10 soudn very intresting to visit
[12:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Freaky, problem isn't isolated to one region.
[12:04] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: try to clear Presence, and tokens table then
[12:04] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: apparently Vari regions can only handle about 64-100 regions because of the way Opensim loads the viewer?
[12:04] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: and restart sims for test
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: oh wait hehe i have 24GB in that system. but it need to run the robust side to
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Freaky, not in presence table. I'll clear tokens and see if that changes anything.
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: neb: btw, you always use mono 3.x nowadays?
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: 3.2.3
[12:05] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: the sim status is hold in memory about presences
[12:05] Richardus Raymaker: well if i do 8x8 around 12 regions are at least watre.. so still pretty safe
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: bye all :) *waves*
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: neb: any issues?
[12:06] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: and check the ban tables by the way
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: by edahlia
[12:06] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: bye dahlia
[12:06] Arielle.Popstar @bound2.dyndns.org:9005: tc Dahlia
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: not really
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: neb: I think I always ask you this question :)
[12:06] Mircea Kitsune: bye
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: already happy that it seems i get a not so bad pos train on standalone lcoal. hope it keeps working good.
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: keyframe gives me to many problems with events
[12:06] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: 3.2.3? wow my currently running version is 2.10.8.1 :D i think i need to upgrade :)
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: no. not with events.
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: 2.10.8.1 is still the one packatged with most distros and probably most in use
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: however when i compile libgdiplus on opensuse 13.1 i have to tell it not to compile with libgif
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: something where harder other thinsg more easy.
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: but mono 3.x does have considerable improvements in areas such as garbage collection
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: but thats because of opensuse 13.1 libs not mono or libgdiplus itself
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: so far though its not a problem
[12:08] Richardus Raymaker: Justin, have you seen that soemtimes the xengine can start todo weird. script seems to repsond strange and sensors then
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: rira: I haven't seen that,. though I would always suggest trying co-op script termination if you can
[12:08] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: too many mutexes in that code part
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: that avoids some abort code which can potentially destabilize a vm
[12:08] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: and btw I already had a sensor going mad ass well
[12:09] Richardus Raymaker: that co-op is a setting in opensim.ini ?
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: it should be the default but I just haven't found the time to work out a good transition (my constant refrain, I know)
[12:09] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.8.0 Dev          966ab21: 2014-01-24 00:17:39 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[12:09] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: abort is default Justin
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: rira: yes, in XEngine, though you will need to delete existing script dlls to force recompilation
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: freaky: yes, that needs to change
[12:09] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: you have to select co-op manually and re-run sim with deleteScriptsonStartup
[12:09] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[12:09] Richardus Raymaker: i suspect also sometimes the querry bugger with something else
[12:10] Richardus Raymaker: looking in opensim.ini
[12:10] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: strange .. did you test this on a esxi server as well? i haven't problems like that on my installation
[12:11] Richardus Raymaker: Ok, i see its default not enabled.. possible it is in defaults. i can try that. thx
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go now too . See you around,, folks
[12:11] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:12] fine.Dreadlow @come.2fine.de:8002: bye justin
[12:12] Mircea Kitsune: bye
[12:12] delta zed is offline.
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki