Chat log from the meeting on 2013-07-09

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [11:00] Andrew Hellershanks is online. ...")
 
m
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: hello :)
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: hello :)
Line 403: Line 399:
 
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to go
 
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to go
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Revision as of 20:46, 24 October 2015

[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: hello :)
[11:01] Mike Kayaker: Is my IM broken or is everyone just quiet?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i was on another screen haha
[11:01] hippo finesmith: im being vquiet lol
[11:01] Mike Kayaker: OK, I see you now!
[11:01] Vivian Klees: I hardly say anyting
[11:01] Charmaine Andersson is online.
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: hi folks
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[11:02] hippo finesmith: im just in so finishing up a patch for Singu and also re starting my grid which seemed to have crashed while i was out and also trying not to get to much engine grease on my keyboard after reuilding an engine in a citreon saxo today at work lol
[11:02] George Equus: Hello everyone... was away in RL....
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello everyone
[11:03] nurbsPlane9: DynamicTextureModule: Error preparing image using URL http://icf.de/cgi-bin/slweb2?url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cuf6839iu6si8q6ttg5k2iqr400
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: hello Andrew
[11:03] Frank Northmead: Hello everyone
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: I was lucky to be north of Toronto so I didn't get (almost) washed away.
[11:03] Master Dubrovna: Hi all
[11:03] logger sewell: hey all
[11:04] Charmaine Andersson is offline.
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon. i made a smooth train. the best one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyj3n1njuFM but still hit limitations. the biggest one is simborder corssings. not sure how to write that. not sure if that works. mega region i have tested. and i see to many problems
[11:04] Frank Northmead: Sim border crossings are not working yet.
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: Nice Richardus
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: no border crossing yet
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: well, unsurprisingly there are a massive number of GetTexture cap requests
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: no scripted prim can cross at all ? well i have a trick in my mind to let it look like its crossing the border. but nobody can sit
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: heh wow Justin 38000 texture requests?
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: that kind of makes sense
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: 38000 ? uhh
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: there is over 3000 textures here I think
[11:06] hippo finesmith: jepers thats a lot :|
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: that is for everyone currently logged on
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: right
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: most of those are being served from cache
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: as outgoing http requests were about 3 per second
[11:07] hippo finesmith: is there any limit other than network bottlenecks as to the amount of http request it can handle per second
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: you probably hit server limitations before network bottlenecks
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: not sure what the raw upper limit is though - will depend on hardware
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya what version of mono or .net you have might play a factor too a bit
[11:08] Frank Northmead: a bzillion per eon
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: lucky last test showed prims can chat to a different simulator over the border edge.
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: nasty login
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: heh Arielle
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: very hard to tell since the simulator is also carrying on lots of other activity at the same time (e.g. handling udp packets, pjhybsics)
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: she always kills the simulator
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: hello Marcus
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i think dsl can do around 600 connection/minute
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: hi arielle
[11:09] Marcus Llewellyn: Heyas :)
[11:09] hippo finesmith: hey richardus what about local lan only
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i wish opensim where .net4
[11:09] Arielle Popstar: Hi Rira, hi everyone
[11:09] hippo finesmith: i run mono 2.10.8
[11:09] Frank Northmead: I run mono 3.1.0
[11:09] hippo finesmith: and thanks for those comments JustinCC
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: lol hippo. local lan i dont count. before you get problems there your hardware is already in panic
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:10] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hello everyone
[11:10] Allen Firethorn is online.
[11:11] Robert.Adams @hg.osgrid.org: hi all
[11:11] hippo finesmith: ooo who is unknown user
[11:11] hippo finesmith: [11:10] Unknown UserUMMAU3: hello everyone
[11:11] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: it's me
[11:11] hippo finesmith: lol
[11:11] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: licu rau from craft
[11:11] hippo finesmith: ah hg
[11:11] logger sewell: has anyone had any problem with regions going phantom when you do heavy terraforming ?
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: okay, there's still some work I need to do - GetMesh stats aren't showing up and I know why
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: though I think it's still the case that GetTexture requests still blow every other cap away numbers wise, understandably
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: tried some terrfarom only yesterday on mega
[11:12] Fearghus McMahon: greetings all
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: we probably need to do some kind of throtteling there
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i think too many requests can occur simultaneously
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: its still not put in ?
[11:13] hippo finesmith: didnt Robert look into that
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, possibly
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: already hate 0.7.5 last days done tests. and with some oar's i have i get red errors and crashing etc. 0.7.6 works pretty fine
[11:14] Robert.Adams @hg.osgrid.org: Nebadon, the last BulletSim checkin should improve the vehicle floating problem... vegaslon and I worked on linear deflection at the office hour this morning
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: well Robert was saying he saw a lot of the texture requests repeating over and over
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: but nothing has been done about that yet
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: ok Great Robert
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: i'll give that a shot later today
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: some j2k error ?
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: because i have seen that to and blamed to oar / mega for it
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: if you let the viewer do whatever it wants
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: I see that it takes a while to load large inventories in 075PF
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: i thinbk the oar is just not good
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: it wants everything all at once
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: so we need to calm the viewer down a bit
[11:15] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          065f8f5: 2013-07-08 19:18:01 -0700 (Unix/Mono)
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: over the last few days Diva and I have found some strange things happening
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: Kokua viewer for instance
[11:16] Evans Love: hey guys!
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: when you log in it scans your entire inventory for Landmarks
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: and then tries to resolve all the landmark location data
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: oh. now you say it kokua is doing weird things
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: we fixed that problem
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: Singularity viewer scans your entire inventory when you log in
[11:16] Evans Love: i have a question for the office hours...
[11:16] Robert.Adams @hg.osgrid.org: I also suspect the texture reloading was happening from child regions... there could be something odd happening there
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, that sounds like a strange thing to do
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: for all of the creator names
[11:16] Evans Love: are any admins free?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: It scans the creator names because it has a Search feature that lets you search by creator name in your inventory
[11:17] hippo finesmith: didnt a throttle get put in for that to neb?
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: brr
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: Evans this is a developer office hours
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I was thinking the LM check was also odd.
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: if you have questions about OSgrid please wait until the end
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: search by creator feature?
[11:17] Evans Love: nope
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks looks for that
[11:17] Evans Love: im a developer
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: just installed latest alpha singualrity today. so cant say much
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya Singularity has a search feature so you can find stuff made by a certain creator
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: anyway when you logged in it was really pounding the simulator, but that is now fixed
[11:18] Arielle Popstar: oh like unknown user? :)
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, so there is a search by creator.
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: yes Andrew
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: I never paid much attention to that "Search" menu entry
[11:19] Frank Northmead: Hello Dahlia ?
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: hey cahlida
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: only have a small invntory..
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia
[11:19] Marcus Llewellyn: Hiya Dahlia. :)
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: right for someone like me with a huge inventory and lots of landmarks
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: i was killing regions
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: when i logged in
[11:19] Fearghus McMahon: firestorm can search by creator too
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: the region would freeze for minutes sometimes
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: That probably explains the long inventory load times I'm seeing
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: not talking about justings inventory.. (lol)
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: we have recently throttled inventory too Andrew
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: because it was also very nasty
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: nice
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm still mainly using 075PF
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: it takes a little longer now, but it wont crush the simulator and ruin experience for others
[11:20] Evans Love: if anyone thinks they can help with this, please message me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVA2yFKNv4w
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: Andrew right now im useing 3 versions 0.7.5 and 2 dev types
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: I just bought an Oculus rift :)
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: any chance the throttling can be pushed to 075?
[11:21] Allen Firethorn is offline.
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: s/can/will/
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: Andrew: The changes are likely too extensive
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: k, np
[11:22] hippo finesmith is running head Singu
[11:22] Frank Northmead: Theres no place like head
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: i think your more happy when you can upgrade to 0.7.6. and idea whan its going to be available ?
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: probably soon. I want to know how much better the unknown user issue if first, probably in the test today
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: I think it should be much better
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks whispers: What is an Occulus rift
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: are there any viewers that support the rift?
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: vr headset
[11:23] Allen Firethorn is online.
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: andrew, something you better dont wear when your tired :))
[11:23] Allen Firethorn is offline.
[11:23] Fearghus McMahon: justin gonna make the rift plug directly into the raw opensim data? ;)
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: I used to get very motion sick just from ordinary gaming, so I think this is going to be bucket time :)
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, :)
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: I got more used to ordinary gaming though, so hopefully this will be the same
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: Hehe. i dont try it. my normal screen makes me already sick
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, especially when you are on a virtual roller coaster.
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: fearghus: I think this is really more reliant on the viewer supporting it.
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: not that I know of, though the Lindens have been making noises
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: I thought I ve heard of stereo TPVs
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: ya i heard there are plans for support
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: the red/blue thing
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: ah ya thats very different
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: yeah, http://ctrlaltstudio.com/
[11:25] Fearghus McMahon: thought i heard something about oculus and a viewer too...not recall which one though
[11:25] Frank Northmead: I am waiting for a neural implant.
[11:25] Marcus Llewellyn: I think Kirstens supported both red/blue style and things like Nvidia's 3D glasses.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya it requires nvidia hardware
[11:26] Marcus Llewellyn: And a 120hz display.
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: I was tempted to buy nvidia glasses until my left eye crapped out
[11:26] Fearghus McMahon: i never got used to those nvidia glasses
[11:27] Fearghus McMahon: annoyed the crap out of me
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: neural implant at least dont give problems with vision
[11:27] Frank Northmead: :
[11:27] Frank Northmead: ?
[11:27] Fearghus McMahon: unless it uploads a virus to your optical nerves
[11:28] Marcus Llewellyn: I can't do red/blue style 3D, at least not for very long. It triggers migraines in me. Heh
[11:28] hippo finesmith: lol i wouldnt want to go docs with that i mean where would i get the avg injection
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: for everyone who is attending todays load test, once you arrive you are going to be required to accept a TOS
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: I cant do 3d period ;)
[11:28] Allen Firethorn is online.
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: you have 10 minutes to agree or you will get disconnected
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: I won't be around for todays load test. I want to get outside before the weather gets too warm again.
[11:28] hippo finesmith: unless ya relog oafter 9 mins lol
[11:28] Marcus Llewellyn: You just gotta move your eye real fast to achieve parallax, Dahlia. ;)
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: you can review the TOS here : http://cc.opensimulator.org:8005/wifi/termsofservice.html
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, I don't think you could read the majority of tos in 10 mins
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: its very short
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: and if you cant read it in 10 minutes it just means you need to reconnect
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: not sure I would call that *ver* short :)
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: My eyes glaze over after reading a couple paragraphs of legalese
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: you will get prompted again
[11:29] Fearghus McMahon: thats gonna be an interesting one.....had some times with standalone hypergrid jumps that it never popped up and you'd keep wondering why getting kicked off
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: 140 chars is short
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: Marcus I can kinda see 3d by moving my head
[11:29] Fearghus McMahon: but that was set to 5min or less i think
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: TTOS
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: Twitter Terms of Service
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: I think I'm going to cut out early today. I have one question and one bit of news.
[11:31] hippo finesmith: ah Andrew how did the work on group notice attachments go ?
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: i know what i need to know. an the things from last week. are still on the list soem where i think...
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: On the news front, I made some minor changes to the ossearch module. I have made additional changes to osprofile to fix some possible exceptions if there were empty strings in the picks database table.
[11:32] Frank Northmead: I have a feature suggestion. I think the OpenSimDefault.ini was a great improvement in helping to simplify seting up a sim for newbies. I think another improvement would be to have a "base URL" option which would be used for all the URL settings unless they are explicity set. So, in my case I would simply set Dreamersbay.com in one place and all the :8002's and :8003's would be set automatically. people with more complex setups would simply use the individual setting options.
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: by far the most agressive caller of GetTexture is George Equus which is fs 4.4.2
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: hippo, attachments to group notices was completed and is working fine for non-HG situations.
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: 15000 requests and climibing - everybody else if quite static
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: is quite static
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: Frank Northmead the problem wiht that is all your URLS might not be identical
[11:33] hippo finesmith: in main code or the addon Andrew ?
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: frank: there's something like that for HG but yes, something for ordinary grid would probably be a good optimization too
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: Andrew, are there changes at the php side to ?
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: hippo, My work was for flotsam groups and only required changes to the GroupsModule.cs file.
[11:34] Frank Northmead: Nebadon, I bet 75% of the people who run regions here have a single URL. Even a lot of grids. If you need more, they are/would still be there.
[11:34] Arielle Popstar: some of the changes made to the url's in gridcommon.ini are confusing
[11:34] hippo finesmith: i would be interested in seing it :)
[11:34] Frank Northmead: yup, that is why my suggestion
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: I mantised the changes and attached a patch. Mantis number is 6699?
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll check the mantis number.
[11:35] hippo finesmith: ok thanks i will take a look as all my groups ,profile,email etc etc are external modules
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: that's correct. Will take a look when I can and if no-one else does
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: sure, np.
[11:36] Dahlia Trimble: nebadon, when you run multiple viewers on the same machine for your load test, do all the viewers have different cache directories?
[11:36] FrannyDJ Dean: l'o;kniyvutdytddzg vc m,cv l;m,jop[
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't expect anyone to HG TP to a remote grid and send a notice so I didn't worry about longer UUID's for HG situation.
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: I could make a change to handle that if needed but felt there is no need with groups being in core code now as of git master.
[11:37] hippo finesmith: :) the only real reason i use the external modules is because i know the code
[11:37] Robert.Adams @hg.osgrid.org: frank, I think there is a variable replacement feature in Nini... spec the base url at the top and have the replacement in the reset of the INI file?
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: However, core groups uses slightly different table structure.
[11:38] Andrew Hellershanks: My question is does anyone know if there is any HTML/PHP code to create event listings for OS based grids?
[11:38] Frank Northmead: Robert, I am not familiar with nini, but it would have to handle taking dreamersbay.com and setting dreamersbay.com:8002 someplaces and dreamersbay.com:8003 others.
[11:39] hippo finesmith: there was a thing on forge but i dont know how relevant it is
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: except groups. external code gives you option to change things (groups complex to change)
[11:39] hippo finesmith: and it was just for displaying pics of them iirc
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: I was looking for creating a listing.
[11:39] Fearghus McMahon: interesting Andrew :)
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: Display would be useful but need to get the entry in to the events db first.
[11:39] Marcus Llewellyn: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuring_Simulator_Parameters#Using_shell_environment_variables_in_OpenSimulator_configuration
[11:40] Shaun Emerald: <-- Smxy
[11:40] hippo finesmith slaps Shaun Dont do it again :P
[11:40] Arielle Popstar: Hi Smxy
[11:40] hippo finesmith: leme see if i can find it Andrew
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: If there are no questions for me, I'm going to head out and get outside while the weather is not too bad. More rain, thunderstorms, heat, and humidity still predicted for the next couple days.
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: including today.
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: how'#s your cat coping?
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: that hostname part sounds bad idea. home pc's have other hostnames then the internet connection
[11:41] Arielle Popstar: flooding out your way?
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: The cat is fine. He doesn't get out that often.
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi is offline.
[11:41] hippo finesmith: give me 2 mins
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: send some rain and thunderstorm to here.
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: I never lost power and where I am only had 17mm of rain. The airport in Toronto got 126mm.
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: 94mm in 2 hours.
[11:42] Arielle Popstar: we barely got a 1mm
[11:42] hippo finesmith: lol internet is on a go slow
[11:43] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, peeps. :)
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: hippo. check if there cats in the pipe
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: Major flooding in Toronto. 1400 people were stranded on a train surrounded by water. Police marine unit took about 7 hours to get them off the train using boats/dinghys
[11:43] hippo finesmith: ok it seems that opensim forge is not there anymore
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: hi pauli
[11:43] paulie Flomar: Hey, Rr. :)
[11:43] UUID Speaker: Samuel Loire: 691c88f9-06b0-4605-b79a-0bb50e04d5d4
[11:43] hippo finesmith: sorry i dont know then
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: still looks alive to me
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: though I think github is a better alternative :)
[11:44] hippo finesmith: o i get message saying it doesnt exist
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... I wonder if wiredux had anything to create events. I could extract the relevant code.
[11:44] hippo finesmith: The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: forge.opensimulator.org is there
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: I was just looking at it.
[11:45] logger sewell: you mean here hippo http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:46] hippo finesmith: this is what i was lookign for http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/webassets/
[11:46] hippo finesmith: and yes ty logger
[11:47] logger sewell: :)
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: ah, yes. WI doesn't have something for events. I'll take a closer look at that page later.
[11:47] hippo finesmith: dont know why i couldnt find it :|
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: 7
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: having major computer issue here
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: fell off th net?
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: my main desktop just took a crap
[11:48] hippo finesmith: or 7
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: webassets doesn't look like it has much to do with events.
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: oops
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: um... s/WI doesn't/WI does/
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: bsod neb ?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: its linux
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: ohh.. hmm
[11:49] hippo finesmith: sorry misread your question Andrew lol ignore me its been a long day haha
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, I'm going to get head out. See you next week.
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: hippo, np.
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[11:49] hippo finesmith: tc
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: grr
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks is offline.
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: still problems?
[11:50] vegaslon.plutonian @hg.osgrid.org: seen in linux where after a reboot it loads the default drivers again which are not 3d enabled
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: major problems
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: my main computer something very wrong
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i dont know what
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: im re-installing drivers
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: its hot nebadon ?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: no its cold
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: too much bleeding edge stuff?
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: hmm..
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: its rebooting, reinstalled nvidia drivers
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: very odd for sure
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully i can get it back up here quick
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: linux?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: opensuse 12.3 x64
[11:52] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: I am going well with nvidia drivers on linux 32... ubuntu
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: its been working fine for months
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: i think some got problems with soem nvidia driver version on linux
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: all the sudden just took a dump on me
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: I've had horrible problems with nvidia drivers and ubuntu
[11:53] Shaun Emerald: You know what's fun? Trying to update my grid after 8 months away. A lot's changed. :)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: ok phew
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: drivers seemed to help
[11:53] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: a good thing is to disable all desktop effects
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: viewers are loading now
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: Yeah shaun. still not understand all new ini settings myself
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: especially some HG stuff
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: atleast this machine is fast
[11:54] Marcus Llewellyn already has his alts standing by. ;)
[11:54] hippo finesmith: NVIDIA 304.88 seems to work ok for me but i dont run very recent hardware
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ok brb
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: relogging on other machine
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi is offline.
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: Nebadon. please dont say its working fine again.... you know what happens then...
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: 304.88 ? wow thats old
[11:54] Marcus Llewellyn is using the 313 driver.
[11:54] hippo finesmith: yeah i know but it works fine for me
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:55] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: 304.43 :))
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: linux is not on my mean list. its gooting to problematic
[11:55] hippo finesmith: on both my onboard nvidia chip and also my pci card
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: well that sucked
[11:55] paulie Flomar: Good to see everybody. I'm gonna jet. :)
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: not coming to load test paulie?
[11:56] paulie Flomar: Oh snap. I forgot about that. Sure, I'll pop over. Thx for teh reminder.
[11:56] Marcus Llewellyn: All the noncomformists are going. ;)
[11:56] Shaun Emerald: Where and when?
[11:56] paulie Flomar: giggle snort
[11:56] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: may I ask if there is a list of viewer making lot of textures requests all together when logging in a sim?
[11:56] Frank Northmead: what is the url for the load test?
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: well, i just started to use FS more because its better then kokua
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: licu: All viewers will make lots of texture requests when coming into a sim I should think
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: kokua have problems with loading textures. especially after fresh oar
[11:57] Marcus Llewellyn: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 1
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: unless the textures are cached
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: esp., of course, if they have never been there since cache clear or the content has changed significantly
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: hhm
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: this is a disaster of a day
[11:58] Frank Northmead: ty
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: now i cant get avatars logged in
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: keynote 1 took a dump
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: had to restart it
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: sigh
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: what a mess
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: this is not going to be a good test i can tell already
[11:58] paulie Flomar crosses my claws
[11:59] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: justin: of course, I arrived when you were already talking of this probem, perhaps i did not understand well... sorry
[11:59] Fearghus McMahon: a disaster can also be a good test
[11:59] hippo finesmith: well cant be any worse than my day lol/me broke a windscreen at work today lol
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey whispers: you're awlays full positive or full negative, Neb - doesn't seem to be much inbetween :)
[11:59] paulie Flomar: yes, we ,ay learn more frmom failure than success.
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: licu: I was looking at some stats I just put in yesterday to monitor cap requests, though they're not very complete yet
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: in particular FetchInventoryDescendents2 and GetMesh are missing for different reasons
[11:59] hippo finesmith: brb need to put some washing out
[12:00] paulie Flomar: ^ /me cant types with claws. heh
[12:00] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: ok, i understand
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: hmm pauli. you have nice sharp nails fir that
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: url for load test?
[12:00] Marcus Llewellyn: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 1
[12:00] paulie Flomar: RR, yeah. I Guess I dont really have an excuse. heh
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: see you guys there
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: i have a feeling the regions are already dead though
[12:00] paulie Flomar: kk. will pop ovah
[12:01] paulie Flomar: will try, at least. :)
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to go
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki