Chat log from the meeting on 2013-07-02

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [11:07] Fu Barr is online. [11:08] Rich...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[11:07] Fu Barr is online.
 
[11:07] Fu Barr is online.
 
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i needed to ask kitto the first time to :O
 
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i needed to ask kitto the first time to :O
Line 423: Line 419:
 
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, see you
 
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, see you
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 20:46, 24 October 2015

[11:07] Fu Barr is online.
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i needed to ask kitto the first time to :O
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya one of these days i need to play around with KeyFrame stuff
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i have never used it not even in SL
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: well, keyframe works. movetotaget not
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: hello Rober
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: t*
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i used it here. then started to compare in sl
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:08] Marcus Llewellyn: Robert just made changes in git to MoveToTarget.
[11:08] Robert Adams: hello all
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i have a few things, or at leats 1 important thing
[11:09] Robert Adams: yes... llMoveToTarget in BulletSim doesn't go crazy like you found
[11:09] Robert Adams: I added notes to your two Mantis entries
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: ok. love keyframemotion more
[11:09] Robert Adams: you love it or it needs more love?
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i have a few new ones. but this most important one.
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6695
[11:10] Kayaker Magic: movetotarget is NEVER liner, if you want linear motion use KFM
[11:10] Kayaker Magic: linear
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: no i love it, it works sofar i see almost perfect
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: there's btw still difference between keyframe SL and opensim
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: apparantly Robert, if an object is moving
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: and a non-owner grabs the prim
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: like in edit mode
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: the object stops moving
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: which apparantly used to happen in SL as well
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: but from what Richardus said, Kitto says they fixed this a few months back
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: but its still happening here in opensim
[11:11] Marcus Llewellyn: I *think* that should only happen now for movement controlled client side, e.g. llTargetOmega
[11:12] Robert Adams: sounds like something with the selection logic
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: ok, wich git version ?
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: otherwise i grab a new jead
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: but the owner should stop for
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: but only owner
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: hmm..
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: it seems like even with my racer, someone can grab and stop you dead in your tracks
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i remember that being pretty frustrating in SL
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: last time i tried it, my alt could grab it. but i use older 0.7.6
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ive done it to people myself, trying to inspect their car to see who the creator was
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: they get all grumpy
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: thats bad nebadon..
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: legal grieving
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: so, i need anyway to upgrade my sandbox to head.
[11:15] Vivian Klees: justin still hasn't rezzed
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: same here. still smoking
[11:15] Marcus Llewellyn: Pffft. Nonconformist.
[11:15] Arielle Popstar: slow here today
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, it seems problematic after I clear cache
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: hi arielle, are there normal days to for you ?
[11:15] Vivian Klees: inventory stall?
[11:15] Arielle Popstar: yes, inventory stall
[11:16] Random Walker: I've been waiting for inventory since I logged on...
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya logging in to Wright Plaza during a meeting with inventory not downloaded is probably a bad idea
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: I would not expect that to go well at all
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: shouldn't it still be coming in at a trickle?
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: depends
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: its so easy to kill it
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: multiple people logging in while someone is downloading invnentory is bad news
[11:16] Arielle Popstar: well i did it in lbsa or other plaza's with similar amounts of people al;ready there
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya Lbsa Plaza doesnt have 4000 textures visible
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: for robert i give you this one to. http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6694
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: with crazy neighbors that also have 4000 textures
[11:17] Marcus Llewellyn: Worse with an empty cache, *especially* here at Wright. You're reuesting a lot more than inventory in that circumstance.
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: though the one crazy neighbor here appears to be offline today
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ./me suspects Nebadon allows such neighbours here for testing reasons :)
[11:18] Marcus Llewellyn: When a sim serves assets, does that have throttling similar to what inventory now has?
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: all i can say for sure, is if I log in 2 avatars simulatenously to my sandbox with cleared cache
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: it doesnt go well
[11:18] Arielle Popstar: been here often enough to know if there is a prob or not :)
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: oh. how good are megaregions rigth now ? i dont see any other solution then use that. offcorse i dont knwo what the max size limit is. gives me other question.
[11:18] acryline erin is online.
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: marcus: no, which might be an issue
[11:18] Marcus Llewellyn: And we also do not have any form if interest lists, yes?
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: is opensim still 32bit and limited to 2-3GB / instance ?
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: I do see Arielle fully rezzed now
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: so it must still be going
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: it will probably go pretty slow too
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: uh? That hasn't been the case for ages
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: and never on linux
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: mono rather
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: I dont think its ever been limited in Linux
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: not ever, only windows
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: sorry, jutsin. switrched back to windows (8). that solves lots of slow request problems
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but that is no longer the case
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: unless you are using OpenSim.32bitlaunch.exe
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: Ok, so there's no memory limited at the opensim side
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: which personally I think we need to remove from core asap
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: it does nothing but cause problems now
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: I think ppl still have problem with 64 bit windows somtimes though?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: people trying to use it on 64 bit systems
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: OpenSim.32bitlaunch.exe, l;ol forgot that one..
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: requiring certain settings to be adjusted which should be done more automatically
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: the problem is with OpenSim.32bitlaunch.exe on a 64 bit system
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: like script stack sizes, etc.
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: it still tries to load the 64 bit dlls
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: I've only heard one person with a good reson to use 32bitlaunch under Win64.
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: its not fully tricking opensim.exe
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: so it fails
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: i dont use it. i stay for years with opensim.exe
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: That person monitored processes with an older application that could apparently only deal with 32-bit processes.
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: ok. so for mega the opensim memory is not the problem. more afraid about all the child connections
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: what makes you say that? This shouldnt' be happening
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: all native libraries have both 32 and 64 bit windows copies
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: right but from what i remember its loading opensim in a 32 bit environment
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: but trying to use the 64 bit dlls
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: so it gets wierd
[11:21] Robert Adams: never totally figured out why, when I teleport into a region I've been to many times, the texture console shows me downloading zillions of textures... it is like the cache is not working at all
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: no, it should use the 32 bitones
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: i will test again to be sure
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: its been a while since i delt with it
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: but i do know we get a lot of people having issues
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: and i tell them to use OpenSim.exe
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: and all their problems go awya
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: i compile it always from source. this days on VS2012
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: away*
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: the biggest problem too, not that its really a problem
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: but most people running 32 bit operating systems
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: think they have to use OpenSim.32bitlaunch.exe
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: its so misleading the name
[11:23] Arielle Popstar: it is
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: but this days its not needed. opensim.exe is choicing for monts/years the rigth settings
[11:23] Marcus Llewellyn: UNfortunately, there is at least that one valid use case for 32bitlaunch.
[11:24] Arielle Popstar: how hard to change the name to 64bitlaunch?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ya i do remember that now Marcus
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: but personally I think thats a poor reason
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: what is that case?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: they should be using OpenSim.exe
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: suggestion. remove 32bitlaunch.exe and add a commandline parameter that force opensim.exe to use 32bit ?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: they wrote a monitoring system
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: around OpenSim.32bitlaunch.exe
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: that monitors and restarts opensim if needed
[11:25] Marcus Llewellyn: Sorta... I can see their point. Professional/Enetrprise monitoring software for Windows is not cheap... it's an investment that's hard to replace or give up. Particularly if you've build a larger infrastructure around it.
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: so just make it call OpenSim.exe instead?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: right thats what I said, its just a matter of fixing his code
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: i cant remember the whole argument now
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: if it's that hard to chanve then the code is going to break in some way eventually anyway
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: right
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: and technically we could seperate the launcher from the core code if we absolutely had too
[11:26] Marcus Llewellyn: How hard would it be to move 32-bit execution to an argument for OpenSim.exe? Available, but much less visible.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: not sure its possible
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: its a wrapper really
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't remember where a separate exec was necesary in the first place
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: hehe thats what i mened with the suggestion marcus
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, it might be something that can't be configured from within opensim itself
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: its a flag in the executable itself
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: or commandline parameter.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think you can change the flag with a switch
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: oww.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: if you recall that 32 bit memory hack i used to teach people
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: its the same thing
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: its a flag you switch on at compile time
[11:28] Marcus Llewellyn: Right... I'm rememering my .NET details now. You can change 32/64 with a utility that's part of the framework, but not during assembly execution.
[11:28] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Just rename opensimexe to whatever you want?
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: you can modify the exe afterwards to I think, but i dont think it can be done via a option
[11:28] Arielle Popstar: glad i am not the only one rezzing in half naked :p
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: right
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: oh then your luck if some part rezz. otehrs are cloud
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: Justin if your not unclouded before jumping over i would suggest maybe another relog
[11:28] tx Oh: somehow i can't rebake
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: inventory is probably hung up here then
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: uh ok
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: Justin, ho's the unknown user going ? i have seen it now to with HG jumps
[11:29] Marcus Llewellyn: Rebakes now require a permit. Just send me a money order, and I'll get right on mailing you one. :)
[11:29] Vivian Klees: or tp out to another region and back
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: you might need to go to another region first
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: then come back
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: crista made some changes which might help
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: rewear outfit most times fix clouds
[11:29] Arielle Popstar: try rebakes from the menu not the keyboard shortcut
[11:29] Random Walker: Sadly, you look fully dressed to me, Arielle :P
[11:29] Arielle Popstar: there is a difference
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: I sincerely hope that makes no difference
[11:29] Fu Barr is offline.
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: does inventory indicate its still downloading Justin or tx?
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: inventory still says loading
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:30] Arielle Popstar: i was topless when i first rezzed :)
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: its probably hung then
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: might try a relog here and see if it picks up where it left off
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I do have a stupidly large one because I have two copies of your inv at one time
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: well, that's crap
[11:30] Arielle Popstar: i had to use the blank avatar fix to rezz
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: likely though it will remain dead until this region is restarted
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: it happens quite often
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: so.. now its nebadons fault you dont rezz ? :)
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey sighs
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: its nothing new
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: you mean this has been the case for a long time?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: even before the last round of inv request changes?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: its very random though
[11:31] Arielle Popstar: welcome to opensim :)
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:31] Marcus Llewellyn: New users are cloud *very* often on OSgrid.
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm cloud problems exist very long
[11:31] Marcus Llewellyn: It's sort of embaressing
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: well, the fact it's stopped on the server side suggests a server problem
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya i have no doubt about it
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: but sl have cloud problems to. if that makes you less sad
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: usually it takes a restart
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: the wierd part too is you can recreate the same thing you just did to make it stop
[11:31] Arielle Popstar: you have a blank avatar folder Justin?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: and then it wont
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: its very random
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: might be worth taking a vm dump and seeing if there is a dadlock
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: robert ? your still here ?
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya i could try, if i do that now it wont kill the region right?
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: kill -3 just thread dumps
[11:32] Arielle Popstar: wear that whole folder at once
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but keeps it running?
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: It seems to remain up
[11:32] Robert Adams: still here
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ok well if we all die, its justins fault
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: let me see
[11:32] Marcus Llewellyn: lol
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, hanging on "fetching 6 items"
[11:32] Marcus Llewellyn grips his chair.
[11:33] tx Oh: trouble with inventory..
[11:33] Robert Adams: there are so many threads in OpenSim, one can hang up and everything else keeps on working
[11:33] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: lets all go to roberst sim :-)
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: do you know if physics can have some problem with cpu thats increasing and keep high after lets say runninbg 1 day KFM prim
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: a chaos of threads
[11:33] Sarah Kline: hi
[11:33] Vivian Klees: hi Sarah
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: did we live?
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: hi sarah, haven't seen you for a long time
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: i got dump-
[11:33] Marcus Llewellyn: Is that like a pod of whales, or a murder of crows? A chaos of threads? ;)
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: 1 sec
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: marcus: don't know - but that's what I *think* the term should be :)
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: robert, unless that problem is fixt with newer code http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6696
[11:34] Marcus Llewellyn grins.
[11:34] posh prim: hi hi franny
[11:34] posh prim: lol great to see you
[11:34] Robert Adams: what's a "KFM" prim, Richardus?
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: KeyFrameMotion.. sorry
[11:34] Robert Adams: ahh... key frame
[11:34] Kayaker Magic: Kentuky Fried Mouse
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: Justin > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=u5bQqvrj
[11:35] Robert Adams: and thanks for filing all the Manti, Richardus... it is a good way of recording all the problems
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: not sure that dump is very helpful
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: finaly got some time time do things again ...
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: oh i see tx finally rezzed
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: maybe things are not fully dead
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: nothing particularly suspicious - problem might not show up there
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: maby its the scipt engine thats getting nuts to robert
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: although tbh some of the recent dumps have bizarrely not had full information
[11:36] Arielle Popstar: it is on life support
[11:36] tx Oh: i also have probs with worldmap
[11:36] Robert Adams: richardus, do you have a simple KFM script you can share so I can test it on my sim?
[11:37] Marcus Llewellyn: Yay, Dahlia is here. Just who I wanted to see. :D
[11:37] tx Oh: 20:28:45 - [WORLD MAP]: Bad send on GetMapItems Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out)
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: i made on every mantis a test script robert
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: or at least tried. but for the cpu useage thats not sciptable
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: your seeing that on your region console tx?
[11:37] tx Oh: yes
[11:37] Robert Adams: running BulletSim on its separate tread would let you sim keep working but physics would just hang up doing what ever it is doing
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: are you sure you have the most recent GridCommon.ini?
[11:37] Arielle Popstar: wow she rezzed fast
[11:38] Arielle Popstar: with all her bits intact
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: make sure it has the latest here > http://download.osgrid.org/GridCommon.ini.txt
[11:38] tx Oh: oh, well.. not really sure :-/
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: MY problem where the first day that the avatar got laggy. the moveing objects moved with delay's
[11:38] tx Oh: but i will have a look
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: kk
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: today i got it high to, while som eat_target / movvement got in a loop
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: so about the high scipt load i cant say more right now.
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: the lock moveing objects is hopefull clear explained now
[11:39] Marcus Llewellyn: A malfunctioning thread could still impact other threads though, couldn't it? Like, say, if it ate CPU resources.
[11:39] Robert Adams: the code for selecting an object must not be checking if the selector is permitted to select
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i think that is possible Marcus yes
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: marcus: yes
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i think some of that has to do with the async vs sync stuff
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: ok. robert
[11:42] Vivian Klees: .
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: robert, maby its god to have the object loop als ini setting ? some people hate it. also with testing it can be usefull if you can grab object. but on life sims its nasty
[11:42] acryline erin is online.
[11:42] Marcus Llewellyn: ping
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: pong
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: pong haha
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: lot of http requests to this server
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: 40/s
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: im a bit quiet because i am starting to log in some of my avatars into the cc grid
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: jumping between screens a lot
[11:43] Marcus Llewellyn: Dahlia, I was wondering how materials was coming alone. :) I'm aware that some things had to be done with dynamit attributes, and perhaps some other things.
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: had to change materials because justin changed dynamic attributes
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: so materials that have been used might not work in later versions in master
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: but hopefully its stable and usable now
[11:45] Marcus Llewellyn: Changes don't bother me... I expect breakages right now. Was more curious about a vague estimate on time to release.
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: probably going to default it to on soon
[11:45] Marcus Llewellyn: Awesome. :)
[11:45] Marcus Llewellyn: Thanks. :)
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: it should be usable now
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: I might change the name of the INI variables soon
[11:46] Robert Adams: if dynamic attributes have stablized, I going to start storing additional physical parameters in it
[11:46] Marcus Llewellyn: I've had it on in one of my sims for a while. Everything seems to be fine on objects that have materials.
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: hopefully they are stable
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: ask justin
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: I plan no furhter changes before 0.7.6 process starts but this I'm afraid this is still not absolutely guaranteed
[11:46] Allen Firethorn is online.
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: more changes?
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: If something really crap came to light it might be necessary
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: but I hope for no more changes
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: oh ok
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: well more people using dynamic attributes would probably help :)
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: If we have a significant improvement in the "unknown user" issue then I will look to branch for 0.7.7 soon
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: er, 0.7.6
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: any other remaining issues would be fixed within the release candidate process
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: i dont know how bad the unkown user is now
[11:48] Dahlia Trimble: let me know before you do so I can remove "Deom" from materials
[11:48] Dahlia Trimble: "Demo"
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: okay, though it wouldn't be too hard to change after branch
[11:49] Arielle Popstar: this bad : [11:48 AM] Unknown UserUMMAU: i dont know how bad the unkown user is now
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: ya its just the ini stuff
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: either we will still be merging changes from master or it can cherry-pick
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: have you cleared your viewer cahce?
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: Arielle it depends on if your cache was cleared prioer to coming here or not
[11:49] Arielle Popstar: yesterday
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: omg arielle... so still seems problem. but not sure if unknown user can still appear when 1 side use odler opensim version ?
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: its possible its cached, depending on where you visited since then
[11:50] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Can some of the significant fixes from the HG testing be ported to 7.5 post fixes, this will enable more people to take advantage sooner?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: if you visited older regions it can still happen
[11:50] Arielle Popstar: brand new alpha singularity as of yesterday afternoon
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it can come from anywhere
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: and what if you go from old grid to a new one nebadon. still can have the same problem ?
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: that would be up to crista really
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: man its crazy how long the "show names" list is here
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: and I suspe tthe answer is no
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: its like 2000 names
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: haha
[11:50] acryline erin is offline.
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: need some switch to just show the bindings of users present on the regio nor something
[11:51] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: kk
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: and emergency firestorm. because the FS dev forgot to remove the debug code. so the ddosed almost LL debug log server.
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: also, I just updated to ummau2, so any new ones would show up as that
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: as long as the receiving end is updated then there should be no problems
[11:51] tx Oh: i just started git head with new GridCommon.ini :-)
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: unless of course you already have the info cached
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: then it doesnt matter
[11:51] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          635704b: 2013-07-01 23:54:04 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:51] Arielle Popstar: i havent seen any of those as yet Justin
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: well, it would be nice if user info cache would be flushed every restart.
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: I often get "Loading..." for a name in SL
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i did see an unknown just flash by Justin
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: as you were scrolling
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, there are some in the cache
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: but I suspet those are because of objects in the region that have a UUID that does not resolve to a user account and has no hg creator info
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: there may be valid reasons
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: in fact, there seem many fewer today than when I looked in previous weeks
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: old stuff brought over with old second invnetory or something
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: preserving uuids that dont belong on this grid
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: which is still a problem - going to be hard to improve that without viewer changes, perhaps
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: so it doesn't cache unknowns for all time or seomthing
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: ya, not sure there is anything we can do about that really
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: dunno
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: other than assign it some generic name
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: the issue is if it's unknown here but actually valid on some other grid
[11:53] posh prim: after clearing viewer cach and http and https cache for singularity viwer no unknown user
[11:53] FrannyDJ Dean: hello everyone is the a public meeting or privat ? :)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: public
[11:54] Vivian Klees: public
[11:54] FrannyDJ Dean: :)
[11:54] Arielle Popstar: in my friends list i see about 50 actual names and over 150 as Unknown User or UnknownuserUMMAU
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: yes thats ben fixed in master git Arielle
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: but if you visit older regions via HG that can still happen
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: so its going to take a bit to work itself out of the system
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: frannydj: public, though last 5 mins
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: as long ther e are pople thats till use older versions.
[11:55] tx Oh: in my friends list i have no unkown users
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: we are going to conitnute with a Load test after this
[11:55] Arielle Popstar: so grids running .7.5 then will affect the names on grids running .7.6 Master?
[11:55] Dahlia Trimble: I have 1
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: not sure if HG gives warning if you TP to old version
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: which is also public your more than welcome to teleport over with us
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, I'm not sure the unknown user issue was present in 0.7.5
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: in about 5 minutes or so
[11:55] Marcus Llewellyn has alts fired up and waiting to TP to CC. :D
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: it only seems to have come about in the last 4 months or so
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: so hopefully people using dev versions of code will update quicker than people on official releases
[11:56] Arielle Popstar: yes it was Justin
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I didn't see any reports at that time
[11:56] Arielle Popstar: you only hearing about it more because more people HG'ing
[11:56] tx Oh: please give the cc hg address again :-)
[11:56] Marcus Llewellyn: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 1
[11:56] tx Oh: aaah, i landmarked it, lets see if this works
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: yeah, that's possible
[11:57] Arielle Popstar: dont all pile into 1 though ;)
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: well thats fine
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: to pile into 1
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: does seem to have been a steep upswing though, to the extent where I was seeing it myself in the last few months
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: but if you get a full message move to 2 and then 3 etc..
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: its ot working because the 1 is filtered out
[11:57] Random Walker utters infamous last words: Might as well go there now
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: you're not capping them at 55 per keynote region?
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: copy & paste helps
[11:57] tx Oh: shall we move over?
[11:57] Marcus Llewellyn: That was a paste. Heh
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: its capped at 50
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: at the moment
[11:58] BlueWall Slade is online.
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, cool
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: so once we hit 50 you will get a full message
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: if that happens just move to 2 etc..
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: we can start jumping over now
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: if everyone is ready
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: see you there folks :)
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, see you
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki