Chat log from the meeting on 2013-06-04

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<br> [10:57] Now playing: 4tThieves - kahvi essential selection
+
<pre>
<br> [10:57] Richardus Raymaker: not got much time to play with robust. organizing other things first
+
[10:57] Now playing: 4tThieves - kahvi essential selection
<br> [10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
+
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: not got much time to play with robust. organizing other things first
<br> [10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: I have a 7.6 Robust running on windows, but no sims connected
+
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
<br> [10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: yet
+
[10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: I have a 7.6 Robust running on windows, but no sims connected
<br> [10:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello
+
[10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: yet
<br> [10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi nebadon
+
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello
<br> [10:58] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hello nebadon
+
[10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi nebadon
<br> [10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi teravus
+
[10:58] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hello nebadon
<br> [10:58] Teravus Ousley: Hallo!
+
[10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi teravus
<br> [10:58] Sarah Kline: hi all
+
[10:58] Teravus Ousley: Hallo!
<br> [10:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Sarah
+
[10:58] Sarah Kline: hi all
<br> [10:59] dan banner: hi
+
[10:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Sarah
<br> [10:59] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
+
[10:59] dan banner: hi
<br> [10:59] Richardus Raymaker: i btw like to play with 0.7.6 bullet first instead of robust
+
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
<br> [11:00] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: we have just some sandboxes with bullet, waiting it becomoes more stable before to use it widely
+
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: i btw like to play with 0.7.6 bullet first instead of robust
<br> [11:00] Richardus Raymaker: ill create my own sandbox
+
[11:00] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: we have just some sandboxes with bullet, waiting it becomoes more stable before to use it widely
<br> [11:01] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: The last experimental update for bullet with thread isolation appears to exhibit noticeable lag
+
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: ill create my own sandbox
<br> [11:01] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: byw, robert said he corrected the problem of feet sinking in the prims but i see my feet under the floor
+
[11:01] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: The last experimental update for bullet with thread isolation appears to exhibit noticeable lag
<br> [11:02] Nebadon Izumi: feet thing is probably not 100% yet
+
[11:01] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: byw, robert said he corrected the problem of feet sinking in the prims but i see my feet under the floor
<br> [11:02] Sarah Kline: make your avatar shorter
+
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: feet thing is probably not 100% yet
<br> [11:02] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: :)
+
[11:02] Sarah Kline: make your avatar shorter
<br> [11:03] Richardus Raymaker: its fine for me
+
[11:02] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: :)
<br> [11:03] Nebadon Izumi: I have not tried the most current bulletsim stuff yet myself
+
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: its fine for me
<br> [11:03] Richardus Raymaker: i run weeks behind.
+
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: I have not tried the most current bulletsim stuff yet myself
<br> [11:03] Richardus Raymaker: but still like mono 3
+
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: i run weeks behind.
<br> [11:05] Sarah Kline: hello
+
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: but still like mono 3
<br> [11:05] Kayaker Magic: Hello!
+
[11:05] Sarah Kline: hello
<br> [11:06] Sarah Kline: look forward to the end of the alligator story next load test )
+
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: Hello!
<br> [11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm back. Desktop locked up on me.
+
[11:06] Sarah Kline: look forward to the end of the alligator story next load test )
<br> [11:06] Teravus Ousley: hehe
+
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm back. Desktop locked up on me.
<br> [11:06] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Played around with the developer version of SUSE, comes with mono 3.08 and monodevelop, seems stable
+
[11:06] Teravus Ousley: hehe
<br> [11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: resident what?
+
[11:06] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Played around with the developer version of SUSE, comes with mono 3.08 and monodevelop, seems stable
<br> [11:06] Sarah Kline: Brit
+
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: resident what?
<br> [11:08] Sarah Kline: lol
+
[11:06] Sarah Kline: Brit
<br> [11:08] Richardus Raymaker: compileing always mono myself.
+
[11:08] Sarah Kline: lol
<br> [11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Only difference between the files is the URL/machine references.
+
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: compileing always mono myself.
<br> [11:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
+
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Only difference between the files is the URL/machine references.
<br> [11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... my previous comment didn't get through.
+
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
<br> [11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Been redoing the configuration for OS. Works fine for test grid but not for main grid.
+
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... my previous comment didn't get through.
<br> [11:10] Teravus Ousley: Hallow then.. What brings you to this meeting today? :)
+
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Been redoing the configuration for OS. Works fine for test grid but not for main grid.
<br> [11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Hi, Richardus.
+
[11:10] Teravus Ousley: Hallow then.. What brings you to this meeting today? :)
<br> [11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: Robust on main grid gives complaints about slow post when it starts.
+
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Hi, Richardus.
<br> [11:11] Sarah Kline: Have had slow logging in all week
+
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: Robust on main grid gives complaints about slow post when it starts.
<br> [11:11] Sarah Kline: to plazas
+
[11:11] Sarah Kline: Have had slow logging in all week
<br> [11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is something to do with assets.
+
[11:11] Sarah Kline: to plazas
<br> [11:12] Teravus Ousley: OpenSim comments? mantis standouts? howzit in the opensimtubes community? :D
+
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is something to do with assets.
<br> [11:12] logger sewell: Hey all
+
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: OpenSim comments? mantis standouts? howzit in the opensimtubes community? :D
<br> [11:12] Kayaker Magic: Someone mentioned Suse, I'm running OpenSim on Suse with mono 3.0.4, it has been very reliable
+
[11:12] logger sewell: Hey all
<br> [11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is annoying to have config stuff working on one machine but not on another.
+
[11:12] Kayaker Magic: Someone mentioned Suse, I'm running OpenSim on Suse with mono 3.0.4, it has been very reliable
<br> [11:12] Richardus Raymaker: thats 12.3 opensuse
+
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is annoying to have config stuff working on one machine but not on another.
<br> [11:13] Richardus Raymaker: but i upgraded to 3.0.7
+
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: thats 12.3 opensuse
<br> [11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i mostly use opensuse 12.3 myself
+
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: but i upgraded to 3.0.7
<br> [11:13] Nebadon Izumi: and mostly mono 3.0.7
+
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i mostly use opensuse 12.3 myself
<br> [11:13] Kayaker Magic: A few weeks ago, I asked about mantis 6121, 6421 and 6573 : Move and rotate a seated avatar
+
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: and mostly mono 3.0.7
<br> [11:13] Nebadon Izumi: my desktop has mono 3.0.11
+
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: A few weeks ago, I asked about mantis 6121, 6421 and 6573 : Move and rotate a seated avatar
<br> [11:13] Nebadon Izumi: from the mono git
+
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: my desktop has mono 3.0.11
<br> [11:13] Richardus Raymaker: hello krystalkid
+
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: from the mono git
<br> [11:13] Kayaker Magic: Justin seemed to expect me to give some reasons why those should be fixed.
+
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: hello krystalkid
<br> [11:13] Nebadon Izumi: Justin will be here shortly btw
+
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: Justin seemed to expect me to give some reasons why those should be fixed.
<br> [11:14] Richardus Raymaker: that one compielks nebadon ? because newer ojnes got stuck on com<br> [ile error here.
+
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: Justin will be here shortly btw
<br> [11:14] Kayaker Magic: I wasn't prepared then, should I list a few reasons now?
+
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: that one compielks nebadon ? because newer ojnes got stuck on com[ile error here.
<br> [11:14] krystalkid nightfire: Hiia Richardus
+
[11:14] Kayaker Magic: I wasn't prepared then, should I list a few reasons now?
<br> [11:14] stiofain nbmcmedia: hi folks
+
[11:14] krystalkid nightfire: Hiia Richardus
<br> [11:14] Teravus Ousley: Hello :)
+
[11:14] stiofain nbmcmedia: hi folks
<br> [11:14] dan banner: howdy
+
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: Hello :)
<br> [11:15] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Just some people had problems witj MonoDevelop, this has it all http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en
+
[11:14] dan banner: howdy
<br> [11:15] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, betetr dont type i think :O
+
[11:15] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Just some people had problems witj MonoDevelop, this has it all http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en
<br> [11:15] Teravus Ousley: ahh, cool. I suspect mantis 6421 is simply about a (SceneObjectGroup/SceneObjectPart) test and should also test for a (ScenePresence)
+
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, betetr dont type i think :O
<br> [11:16] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421
+
[11:15] Teravus Ousley: ahh, cool. I suspect mantis 6421 is simply about a (SceneObjectGroup/SceneObjectPart) test and should also test for a (ScenePresence)
<br> [11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I have some issues with monodevelop and single stepping through our code
+
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421
<br> [11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: it wants to jump into the SmartThreadPool stuff
+
[11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I have some issues with monodevelop and single stepping through our code
<br> [11:16] Teravus Ousley: Sounds like a debugger callstack issue
+
[11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: it wants to jump into the SmartThreadPool stuff
<br> [11:17] Richardus Raymaker: i still use with linux smartpool. and not the unsafe one
+
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: Sounds like a debugger callstack issue
<br> [11:17] Teravus Ousley: I used to get those on MSVC all the time when working on Physics.. drove me crazy
+
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: i still use with linux smartpool. and not the unsafe one
<br> [11:17] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I should do a bisect back to the place theat the STP was upgraded
+
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: I used to get those on MSVC all the time when working on Physics.. drove me crazy
<br> [11:17] Nebadon Izumi: Kayaker i would suggest also commenting your reasons on the mantis as well
+
[11:17] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I should do a bisect back to the place theat the STP was upgraded
<br> [11:18] Teravus Ousley: One thing that seems to do nifty things on it.. is make sure that the code isn't set to be optimized. Some projects that I worked on in the past were randomly set to be optimized and it produced weird results like that too in MVSC.. would probably do the same in MonoDevelop
+
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: Kayaker i would suggest also commenting your reasons on the mantis as well
<br> [11:18] Kayaker Magic: You mean pasting them into the Mantis? I can do that.
+
[11:18] Teravus Ousley: One thing that seems to do nifty things on it.. is make sure that the code isn't set to be optimized. Some projects that I worked on in the past were randomly set to be optimized and it produced weird results like that too in MVSC.. would probably do the same in MonoDevelop
<br> [11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya that would be good, its more permanent record
+
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: You mean pasting them into the Mantis? I can do that.
<br> [11:18] Nebadon Izumi: easier to reference what your talking about etc..
+
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya that would be good, its more permanent record
<br> [11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think justin might be looking at that.
+
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: easier to reference what your talking about etc..
<br> [11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: so when he comes...
+
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think justin might be looking at that.
<br> [11:21] Nebadon Izumi: Hope everyone will be coming to the load test today
+
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: so when he comes...
<br> [11:21] dan banner: yup
+
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: Hope everyone will be coming to the load test today
<br> [11:21] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Profiles moving along nicely, thanks Bluewall
+
[11:21] dan banner: yup
<br> [11:21] Nebadon Izumi: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
+
[11:21] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Profiles moving along nicely, thanks Bluewall
<br> [11:21] Kayaker Magic: I'm trying to drum up interest in the things that can be done with that mantis fix, so thought it could be mentioned here (as well).
+
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
<br> [11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: What has been happening with Profiles?
+
[11:21] Kayaker Magic: I'm trying to drum up interest in the things that can be done with that mantis fix, so thought it could be mentioned here (as well).
<br> [11:21] Teravus Ousley: erm.. I missed the anouncement this time
+
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: What has been happening with Profiles?
<br> [11:21] Teravus Ousley: :)
+
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: erm.. I missed the anouncement this time
<br> [11:21] Teravus Ousley: No voice though :)
+
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: :)
<br> [11:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya unfortunately voice is just too harsh in the 4 corner situation
+
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: No voice though :)
<br> [11:22] Nebadon Izumi: really killed performance levels
+
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya unfortunately voice is just too harsh in the 4 corner situation
<br> [11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: which voice system kills performance? FreeSwitch or ViVox?
+
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: really killed performance levels
<br> [11:22] Nebadon Izumi: Vivox, but likely both
+
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: which voice system kills performance? FreeSwitch or ViVox?
<br> [11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: k
+
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: Vivox, but likely both
<br> [11:23] Nebadon Izumi: when you log in it makes 4 http requests simultanously
+
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: k
<br> [11:23] Nebadon Izumi: so if you get a mass of people all going in at once, it gets nasty
+
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: when you log in it makes 4 http requests simultanously
<br> [11:23] Richardus Raymaker: sounds strange, so much have not to be done for vivox. unless the information exchange is hugh bottle
+
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: so if you get a mass of people all going in at once, it gets nasty
<br> [11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah. I've seen the console when I login to my grid and see multiple requests going to Vivox
+
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: sounds strange, so much have not to be done for vivox. unless the information exchange is hugh bottle
<br> [11:24] Richardus Raymaker: opensim + hugh traffic keeps nasty..
+
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah. I've seen the console when I login to my grid and see multiple requests going to Vivox
<br> [11:24] Teravus Ousley: Well, the biggest thing is they're going to servers that you have no control over the responsiveness
+
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: opensim + hugh traffic keeps nasty..
<br> [11:25] Teravus Ousley: It would be one thing if you had your own Vivox server that was fast and responded quickly :)
+
[11:24] Teravus Ousley: Well, the biggest thing is they're going to servers that you have no control over the responsiveness
<br> [11:25] Teravus Ousley: but the community vivox may not be suitable for high load scenarios :)
+
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: It would be one thing if you had your own Vivox server that was fast and responded quickly :)
<br> [11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno
+
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: but the community vivox may not be suitable for high load scenarios :)
<br> [11:26] Nebadon Izumi: the community account we have is the same as a commercial level account
+
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno
<br> [11:26] Nebadon Izumi: 25k users
+
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: the community account we have is the same as a commercial level account
<br> [11:26] Nebadon Izumi: likely just a fraction of that being used
+
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: 25k users
<br> [11:27] Nebadon Izumi: I am more likely to blame opensim at this point without real hard evidence showing vivox was underperforming
+
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: likely just a fraction of that being used
<br> [11:27] Richardus Raymaker: i cant believe vivox would be the bottleneck.
+
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: I am more likely to blame opensim at this point without real hard evidence showing vivox was underperforming
<br> [11:27] Teravus Ousley: well, the argument was simply that you have no control over their performance so disable it for load testing.
+
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: i cant believe vivox would be the bottleneck.
<br> [11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya
+
[11:27] Teravus Ousley: well, the argument was simply that you have no control over their performance so disable it for load testing.
<br> [11:28] Nebadon Izumi: we wont need it for that part of the event anyway
+
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya
<br> [11:28] Nebadon Izumi: so it would be kind of silly to have it enabled it would have been nice, but unfortunately not in the cards this time
+
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: we wont need it for that part of the event anyway
<br> [11:29] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
+
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: so it would be kind of silly to have it enabled it would have been nice, but unfortunately not in the cards this time
<br> [11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks, sorry I'm late
+
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
<br> [11:29] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Justin
+
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks, sorry I'm late
<br> [11:29] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
+
[11:29] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Justin
<br> [11:29] logger sewell: Hi Justin
+
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
<br> [11:29] Sarah Kline: Hi Justing
+
[11:29] logger sewell: Hi Justin
<br> [11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: so.. many ... meetings and shitty things to sort out :)
+
[11:29] Sarah Kline: Hi Justing
<br> [11:30] Nebadon Izumi: :)
+
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: so.. many ... meetings and shitty things to sort out :)
<br> [11:31] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey wonders if he killed the conversatin
+
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: :)
<br> [11:31] Kayaker Magic: hehe
+
[11:31] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey wonders if he killed the conversatin
<br> [11:31] Teravus Ousley: No, there wasn't really much being discussed prior to your arrival
+
[11:31] Kayaker Magic: hehe
<br> [11:31] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421 was one
+
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: No, there wasn't really much being discussed prior to your arrival
<br> [11:31] Teravus Ousley: Then the load test discussion
+
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421 was one
<br> [11:31] Teravus Ousley: that led to voice comments about opensim and vivox in high load scenarios
+
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: Then the load test discussion
<br> [11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
+
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: that led to voice comments about opensim and vivox in high load scenarios
<br> [11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ah yes, 6421
+
[11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
<br> [11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
+
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ah yes, 6421
<br> [11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I really do want to work on that one but simply have not had the block of time
+
[11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
<br> [11:32] Kayaker Magic: I just added a list of a dozen reasons why 6421 and 6573 should be fixed to # 6121.
+
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I really do want to work on that one but simply have not had the block of time
<br> [11:32] Kayaker Magic: SHALL I DUM THEM HERE AS WELL????!
+
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: I just added a list of a dozen reasons why 6421 and 6573 should be fixed to # 6121.
<br> [11:32] Kayaker Magic: DUMP
+
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: SHALL I DUM THEM HERE AS WELL????!
<br> [11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think there's much point really
+
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: DUMP
<br> [11:34] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, figured I shouldn't bore you all with them....
+
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think there's much point really
<br> [11:34] dan banner: justin: yesterday you asked about that "Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS" error
+
[11:34] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, figured I shouldn't bore you all with them....
<br> [11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: it is useful to see though
+
[11:34] dan banner: justin: yesterday you asked about that "Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS" error
<br> [11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: in the mantis
+
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: it is useful to see though
<br> [11:35] dan banner: i checked the logs and its seems to have started happening
+
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: in the mantis
<br> [11:35] Nebadon Izumi: which server?
+
[11:35] dan banner: i checked the logs and its seems to have started happening
<br> [11:35] dan banner: plaza 08 and 09
+
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: which server?
<br> [11:36] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
+
[11:35] dan banner: plaza 08 and 09
<br> [11:36] dan banner: the welcome station crashes like once a day and lbsa has had a few of those too
+
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
<br> [11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll poke around a little later see if anything jumps out at me
+
[11:36] dan banner: the welcome station crashes like once a day and lbsa has had a few of those too
<br> [11:37] dan banner: can MAX_HEAP_SECTS be an environment setting?
+
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll poke around a little later see if anything jumps out at me
<br> [11:38] Nebadon Izumi: ya, but its more at the kernel level
+
[11:37] dan banner: can MAX_HEAP_SECTS be an environment setting?
<br> [11:38] Vivian Klees: .
+
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: ya, but its more at the kernel level
<br> [11:39] Teravus Ousley: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7248980/mono-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-heap-sects-when-app-takes
+
[11:38] Vivian Klees: .
<br> [11:40] Teravus Ousley: error message could be fixed by adding ‑DLARGE_CONFIG to the CFLAGS section in my GNUmakefile. <=== ?
+
[11:39] Teravus Ousley: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7248980/mono-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-heap-sects-when-app-takes
<br> [11:40] Richardus Raymaker: that uel say he compiled wrong
+
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: error message could be fixed by adding ‑DLARGE_CONFIG to the CFLAGS section in my GNUmakefile. <=== ?
<br> [11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya are the simulators actually using more than 4gb ram though?
+
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: that uel say he compiled wrong
<br> [11:40] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, whats wright useing ?
+
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya are the simulators actually using more than 4gb ram though?
<br> [11:41] Nebadon Izumi: it would surprise me that they were
+
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, whats wright useing ?
<br> [11:41] Nebadon Izumi: especially Lbsa and Welcome Statino
+
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: it would surprise me that they were
<br> [11:41] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          cc7aa88: 2013-05-29 23:08:54 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
+
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: especially Lbsa and Welcome Statino
<br> [11:41] Nebadon Izumi: Wright uses same settings that Welcome Station does
+
[11:41] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          cc7aa88: 2013-05-29 23:08:54 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
<br> [11:41] Nebadon Izumi: its same server
+
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: Wright uses same settings that Welcome Station does
<br> [11:42] Richardus Raymaker: i mean memory useage
+
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: its same server
<br> [11:43] Teravus Ousley: Random rediculous stack overflow question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/147130/why-doesnt-c-have-a-garbage-collector?rq=1
+
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: i mean memory useage
<br> [11:43] Nebadon Izumi: MEMORY STATISTICS
+
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: Random rediculous stack overflow question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/147130/why-doesnt-c-have-a-garbage-collector?rq=1
 +
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: MEMORY STATISTICS
 
Allocated to OpenSim objects: 1737 MB
 
Allocated to OpenSim objects: 1737 MB
 
OpenSim last object memory churn : 8.767 MB/s
 
OpenSim last object memory churn : 8.767 MB/s
 
OpenSim average object memory churn : 16.279 MB/s
 
OpenSim average object memory churn : 16.279 MB/s
 
Process memory : 2487 MB
 
Process memory : 2487 MB
<br> [11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: huh, I thought robert adams was here - he must have just gone
+
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: huh, I thought robert adams was here - he must have just gone
<br> [11:44] Richardus Raymaker: think he's still on bullet sim
+
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: think he's still on bullet sim
<br> [11:44] vegaslon plutonian: correct
+
[11:44] vegaslon plutonian: correct
<br> [11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so are you doing a load tes ttoday?
+
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so are you doing a load tes ttoday?
<br> [11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I see so
+
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I see so
<br> [11:45] krystalkid nightfire: who steppin me
+
[11:45] krystalkid nightfire: who steppin me
<br> [11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: you do know it's EDT and not EST right? :)
+
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: you do know it's EDT and not EST right? :)
<br> [11:45] Nebadon Izumi: yes Justin
+
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: yes Justin
<br> [11:45] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of the load test
+
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of the load test
<br> [11:45] krystalkid nightfire: nm
+
[11:45] krystalkid nightfire: nm
<br> [11:45] Nebadon Izumi: something i noticed
+
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: something i noticed
<br> [11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, sorry I just haven't had a chance to put in any of the stats I wanted to :(
+
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, sorry I just haven't had a chance to put in any of the stats I wanted to :(
<br> [11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i noticed that if i cam around sometimes in other regions im not in at these tests
+
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i noticed that if i cam around sometimes in other regions im not in at these tests
<br> [11:46] Nebadon Izumi: the peope in one of the other regions are all standing in their chairs
+
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: the peope in one of the other regions are all standing in their chairs
<br> [11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: how rdue
+
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: how rdue
<br> [11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and their upper body is like flailing around
+
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and their upper body is like flailing around
<br> [11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: That's a new one on me
+
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: That's a new one on me
<br> [11:47] Nebadon Izumi: like pivoting at the waist
+
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: like pivoting at the waist
<br> [11:47] Nebadon Izumi: it could just be singularity
+
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: it could just be singularity
<br> [11:47] tx Oh: hmm.. we have some unknown users
+
[11:47] tx Oh: hmm.. we have some unknown users
<br> [11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to see if i notice it today with Kokua too
+
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to see if i notice it today with Kokua too
<br> [11:47] tx Oh: i guess one is justin :-)
+
[11:47] tx Oh: i guess one is justin :-)
<br> [11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that unknown user thing... urgh
+
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that unknown user thing... urgh
<br> [11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I do have another clue but simply no time to chase it yet
+
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I do have another clue but simply no time to chase it yet
<br> [11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: Unkonwn userUMMAU?
+
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: Unkonwn userUMMAU?
<br> [11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: although of course this stuff can also be cached
+
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: although of course this stuff can also be cached
<br> [11:48] Richardus Raymaker: hi tx, me ?
+
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: hi tx, me ?
<br> [11:48] tx Oh: Unknown User: hi tx, me ? yes?
+
[11:48] tx Oh: Unknown User: hi tx, me ? yes?
<br> [11:49] Richardus Raymaker: weird. someone else told me to
+
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: weird. someone else told me to
<br> [11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: if you;'re seeing just "unknown User" then that's because youi have tne name binding cached
+
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: if you;'re seeing just "unknown User" then that's because youi have tne name binding cached
<br> [11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: you have to clear your viewer cache to change that
+
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: you have to clear your viewer cache to change that
<br> [11:49] tx Oh: i have a very slow connection today :-(
+
[11:49] tx Oh: i have a very slow connection today :-(
<br> [11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it looks like that MAZ_HEAP things could possibly be the garbage collector failing
+
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it looks like that MAZ_HEAP things could possibly be the garbage collector failing
<br> [11:49] Nebadon Izumi: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4728537/boehm-gc-garbage-collector-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-h
+
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4728537/boehm-gc-garbage-collector-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-h
<br> [11:49] posh prim: ummau the osgrid ghost
+
[11:49] posh prim: ummau the osgrid ghost
<br> [11:50] Richardus Raymaker: i just switch complete to sgen
+
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: i just switch complete to sgen
<br> [11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i suppose we could try that
+
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i suppose we could try that
<br> [11:51] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Think I will have a break before the test.. on the hour?
+
[11:51] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Think I will have a break before the test.. on the hour?
<br> [11:51] Nebadon Izumi: see if it made any impact
+
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: see if it made any impact
<br> [11:51] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
+
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
<br> [11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya load test in 8 minutes
+
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya load test in 8 minutes
<br> [11:52] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hi robert
+
[11:52] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hi robert
<br> [11:52] Robert Adams: hi all.... sorry I'm a bit late
+
[11:52] Robert Adams: hi all.... sorry I'm a bit late
<br> [11:52] Sarah Kline: HI Seriously overweight Robert
+
[11:52] Sarah Kline: HI Seriously overweight Robert
<br> [11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hello
+
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hello
<br> [11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: a bit late!
+
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: a bit late!
<br> [11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
+
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
<br> [11:52] Kayaker Magic: How do I get to the Load Test? Is it just on a SIM in the OSGrid? What is it's name?
+
[11:52] Kayaker Magic: How do I get to the Load Test? Is it just on a SIM in the OSGrid? What is it's name?
<br> [11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hypergrid
+
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hypergrid
<br> [11:53] Nebadon Izumi: the addresses are on this page : https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
+
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: the addresses are on this page : https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
<br> [11:53] Robert Adams: open the map... type "cc.opensimulator.org:8002:keynote 1" for the region name and search for same
+
[11:53] Robert Adams: open the map... type "cc.opensimulator.org:8002:keynote 1" for the region name and search for same
<br> [11:53] Robert Adams: when it finds it, say 'teleport'
+
[11:53] Robert Adams: when it finds it, say 'teleport'
<br> [11:54] Teravus Ousley: <br> [11:53] Second Life: Region found!
+
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: [11:53] Second Life: Region found!
<br> [11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: btw, robert, I wasnted to ask you a bulletsim terrain question?
+
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: btw, robert, I wasnted to ask you a bulletsim terrain question?
<br> [11:55] Robert Adams: fire away
+
[11:55] Robert Adams: fire away
<br> [11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I notice once can't teleport an avatar under terrain in BulletSim (if one removes the failsafes), uinlike ODE
+
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I notice once can't teleport an avatar under terrain in BulletSim (if one removes the failsafes), uinlike ODE
<br> [11:55] Nebadon Izumi: brb i am afk a few moments
+
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: brb i am afk a few moments
<br> [11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: Does BulletSim separately prevent this or just work differently?
+
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: Does BulletSim separately prevent this or just work differently?
<br> [11:55] Robert Adams: you want to do that?
+
[11:55] Robert Adams: you want to do that?
<br> [11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: bad things happen in ODE depending on how far under you teleport
+
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: bad things happen in ODE depending on how far under you teleport
<br> [11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: no, I want to it never to happen
+
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: no, I want to it never to happen
<br> [11:56] Robert Adams: BulletSim checks to see if the avatar is under terrain and moves the avatar to be over same
+
[11:56] Robert Adams: BulletSim checks to see if the avatar is under terrain and moves the avatar to be over same
<br> [11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I have a person who sees libomv avatars remain underground on occasion
+
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I have a person who sees libomv avatars remain underground on occasion
<br> [11:56] Robert Adams: it doesn't allow an avatar to be below terrain
+
[11:56] Robert Adams: it doesn't allow an avatar to be below terrain
<br> [11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: ok
+
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: ok
<br> [11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: out of curiosity, do you thnink ode could ever do the same?
+
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: out of curiosity, do you thnink ode could ever do the same?
<br> [11:57] Teravus Ousley: It could, sure. There's no reason why it couldn't. It just doesn't right now.
+
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: It could, sure. There's no reason why it couldn't. It just doesn't right now.
<br> [11:57] Robert Adams: there always can be bugs, but that's the way it is designed
+
[11:57] Robert Adams: there always can be bugs, but that's the way it is designed
<br> [11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks
+
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks
<br> [11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: btw, do you think after the next release we could switch to bulletsim as the default phys eng? Is it ready?
+
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: btw, do you think after the next release we could switch to bulletsim as the default phys eng? Is it ready?
<br> [11:58] Robert Adams: I think it is.... what are you thinking of doing the next release?
+
[11:58] Robert Adams: I think it is.... what are you thinking of doing the next release?
<br> [11:58] Robert Adams: when
+
[11:58] Robert Adams: when
<br> [11:58] Richardus Raymaker: you mean 0.7.6 release justin ?
+
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: you mean 0.7.6 release justin ?
<br> [11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: hopefully starting soon but there are some nbugs I really would like to see cleared up first
+
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: hopefully starting soon but there are some nbugs I really would like to see cleared up first
<br> [11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: namely the issue with ghost avatars (false connections) and the unknown user stuff
+
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: namely the issue with ghost avatars (false connections) and the unknown user stuff
<br> [11:59] Robert Adams: if there are any for me, I will dig into them..... I want BulletSim to be the default
+
[11:59] Robert Adams: if there are any for me, I will dig into them..... I want BulletSim to be the default
<br> [11:59] OtakuMegane Desu: Hey Robert, quick question - does BulletSim use single-precision or double-precision by default?
+
[11:59] OtakuMegane Desu: Hey Robert, quick question - does BulletSim use single-precision or double-precision by default?
<br> [12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I think 0.7.6 will be the last ode release then immediately after we could switch and have time to work out any kinks that come up
+
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I think 0.7.6 will be the last ode release then immediately after we could switch and have time to work out any kinks that come up
<br> [12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: before the next release after that
+
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: before the next release after that
<br> [12:00] Teravus Ousley: Sounds good to me
+
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: Sounds good to me
<br> [12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, looks like the top of the hour
+
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, looks like the top of the hour
<br> [12:00] Nebadon Izumi: Everyone ready to jump over?
+
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: Everyone ready to jump over?
<br> [12:00] Richardus Raymaker: 0.7.7 gives a bit more time yes
+
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: 0.7.7 gives a bit more time yes
<br> [12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: could you capture the meeting log quickly?
+
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: could you capture the meeting log quickly?
<br> [12:00] Sarah Kline: yup
+
[12:00] Sarah Kline: yup
<br> [12:00] Nebadon Izumi: sure
+
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: sure
 +
</pre>
 +
 
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 20:44, 24 October 2015

[10:57] Now playing: 4tThieves - kahvi essential selection
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: not got much time to play with robust. organizing other things first
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
[10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: I have a 7.6 Robust running on windows, but no sims connected
[10:57] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: yet
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi nebadon
[10:58] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hello nebadon
[10:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi teravus
[10:58] Teravus Ousley: Hallo!
[10:58] Sarah Kline: hi all
[10:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Sarah
[10:59] dan banner: hi
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: i btw like to play with 0.7.6 bullet first instead of robust
[11:00] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: we have just some sandboxes with bullet, waiting it becomoes more stable before to use it widely
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: ill create my own sandbox
[11:01] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: The last experimental update for bullet with thread isolation appears to exhibit noticeable lag
[11:01] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: byw, robert said he corrected the problem of feet sinking in the prims but i see my feet under the floor
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: feet thing is probably not 100% yet
[11:02] Sarah Kline: make your avatar shorter
[11:02] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: :)
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: its fine for me
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: I have not tried the most current bulletsim stuff yet myself
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: i run weeks behind.
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: but still like mono 3
[11:05] Sarah Kline: hello
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: Hello!
[11:06] Sarah Kline: look forward to the end of the alligator story next load test )
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm back. Desktop locked up on me.
[11:06] Teravus Ousley: hehe
[11:06] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Played around with the developer version of SUSE, comes with mono 3.08 and monodevelop, seems stable
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: resident what?
[11:06] Sarah Kline: Brit
[11:08] Sarah Kline: lol
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: compileing always mono myself.
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Only difference between the files is the URL/machine references.
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... my previous comment didn't get through.
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Been redoing the configuration for OS. Works fine for test grid but not for main grid.
[11:10] Teravus Ousley: Hallow then.. What brings you to this meeting today? :)
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Hi, Richardus.
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: Robust on main grid gives complaints about slow post when it starts.
[11:11] Sarah Kline: Have had slow logging in all week
[11:11] Sarah Kline: to plazas
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is something to do with assets.
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: OpenSim comments? mantis standouts? howzit in the opensimtubes community? :D
[11:12] logger sewell: Hey all
[11:12] Kayaker Magic: Someone mentioned Suse, I'm running OpenSim on Suse with mono 3.0.4, it has been very reliable
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It is annoying to have config stuff working on one machine but not on another.
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: thats 12.3 opensuse
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: but i upgraded to 3.0.7
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i mostly use opensuse 12.3 myself
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: and mostly mono 3.0.7
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: A few weeks ago, I asked about mantis 6121, 6421 and 6573 : Move and rotate a seated avatar
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: my desktop has mono 3.0.11
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: from the mono git
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: hello krystalkid
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: Justin seemed to expect me to give some reasons why those should be fixed.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: Justin will be here shortly btw
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: that one compielks nebadon ? because newer ojnes got stuck on com[ile error here.
[11:14] Kayaker Magic: I wasn't prepared then, should I list a few reasons now?
[11:14] krystalkid nightfire: Hiia Richardus
[11:14] stiofain nbmcmedia: hi folks
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: Hello :)
[11:14] dan banner: howdy
[11:15] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Just some people had problems witj MonoDevelop, this has it all http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, betetr dont type i think :O
[11:15] Teravus Ousley: ahh, cool. I suspect mantis 6421 is simply about a (SceneObjectGroup/SceneObjectPart) test and should also test for a (ScenePresence)
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421
[11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I have some issues with monodevelop and single stepping through our code
[11:16] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: it wants to jump into the SmartThreadPool stuff
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: Sounds like a debugger callstack issue
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: i still use with linux smartpool. and not the unsafe one
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: I used to get those on MSVC all the time when working on Physics.. drove me crazy
[11:17] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I should do a bisect back to the place theat the STP was upgraded
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: Kayaker i would suggest also commenting your reasons on the mantis as well
[11:18] Teravus Ousley: One thing that seems to do nifty things on it.. is make sure that the code isn't set to be optimized. Some projects that I worked on in the past were randomly set to be optimized and it produced weird results like that too in MVSC.. would probably do the same in MonoDevelop
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: You mean pasting them into the Mantis? I can do that.
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya that would be good, its more permanent record
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: easier to reference what your talking about etc..
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think justin might be looking at that.
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: so when he comes...
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: Hope everyone will be coming to the load test today
[11:21] dan banner: yup
[11:21] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Profiles moving along nicely, thanks Bluewall
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
[11:21] Kayaker Magic: I'm trying to drum up interest in the things that can be done with that mantis fix, so thought it could be mentioned here (as well).
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: What has been happening with Profiles?
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: erm.. I missed the anouncement this time
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: No voice though :)
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya unfortunately voice is just too harsh in the 4 corner situation
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: really killed performance levels
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: which voice system kills performance? FreeSwitch or ViVox?
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: Vivox, but likely both
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: when you log in it makes 4 http requests simultanously
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: so if you get a mass of people all going in at once, it gets nasty
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: sounds strange, so much have not to be done for vivox. unless the information exchange is hugh bottle
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah. I've seen the console when I login to my grid and see multiple requests going to Vivox
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: opensim + hugh traffic keeps nasty..
[11:24] Teravus Ousley: Well, the biggest thing is they're going to servers that you have no control over the responsiveness
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: It would be one thing if you had your own Vivox server that was fast and responded quickly :)
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: but the community vivox may not be suitable for high load scenarios :)
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: the community account we have is the same as a commercial level account
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: 25k users
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: likely just a fraction of that being used
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: I am more likely to blame opensim at this point without real hard evidence showing vivox was underperforming
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: i cant believe vivox would be the bottleneck.
[11:27] Teravus Ousley: well, the argument was simply that you have no control over their performance so disable it for load testing.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: we wont need it for that part of the event anyway
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: so it would be kind of silly to have it enabled it would have been nice, but unfortunately not in the cards this time
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks, sorry I'm late
[11:29] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Justin
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:29] logger sewell: Hi Justin
[11:29] Sarah Kline: Hi Justing
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: so.. many ... meetings and shitty things to sort out :)
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:31] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey wonders if he killed the conversatin
[11:31] Kayaker Magic: hehe
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: No, there wasn't really much being discussed prior to your arrival
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6421 was one
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: Then the load test discussion
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: that led to voice comments about opensim and vivox in high load scenarios
[11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ah yes, 6421
[11:32] UUID Speaker: Dick Mikado: 7d3899f8-1662-457d-b8a2-491e9da31b1f
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I really do want to work on that one but simply have not had the block of time
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: I just added a list of a dozen reasons why 6421 and 6573 should be fixed to # 6121.
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: SHALL I DUM THEM HERE AS WELL????!
[11:32] Kayaker Magic: DUMP
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think there's much point really
[11:34] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, figured I shouldn't bore you all with them....
[11:34] dan banner: justin: yesterday you asked about that "Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS" error
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: it is useful to see though
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: in the mantis
[11:35] dan banner: i checked the logs and its seems to have started happening
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: which server?
[11:35] dan banner: plaza 08 and 09
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:36] dan banner: the welcome station crashes like once a day and lbsa has had a few of those too
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll poke around a little later see if anything jumps out at me
[11:37] dan banner: can MAX_HEAP_SECTS be an environment setting?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: ya, but its more at the kernel level
[11:38] Vivian Klees: .
[11:39] Teravus Ousley: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7248980/mono-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-heap-sects-when-app-takes
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: error message could be fixed by adding ‑DLARGE_CONFIG to the CFLAGS section in my GNUmakefile. <=== ?
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: that uel say he compiled wrong
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya are the simulators actually using more than 4gb ram though?
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, whats wright useing ?
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: it would surprise me that they were
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: especially Lbsa and Welcome Statino
[11:41] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          cc7aa88: 2013-05-29 23:08:54 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: Wright uses same settings that Welcome Station does
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: its same server
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: i mean memory useage
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: Random rediculous stack overflow question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/147130/why-doesnt-c-have-a-garbage-collector?rq=1
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: MEMORY STATISTICS
Allocated to OpenSim objects: 1737 MB
OpenSim last object memory churn : 8.767 MB/s
OpenSim average object memory churn : 16.279 MB/s
Process memory : 2487 MB
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: huh, I thought robert adams was here - he must have just gone
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: think he's still on bullet sim
[11:44] vegaslon plutonian: correct
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so are you doing a load tes ttoday?
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I see so
[11:45] krystalkid nightfire: who steppin me
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: you do know it's EDT and not EST right? :)
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: yes Justin
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of the load test
[11:45] krystalkid nightfire: nm
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: something i noticed
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, sorry I just haven't had a chance to put in any of the stats I wanted to :(
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i noticed that if i cam around sometimes in other regions im not in at these tests
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: the peope in one of the other regions are all standing in their chairs
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: how rdue
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and their upper body is like flailing around
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: That's a new one on me
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: like pivoting at the waist
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: it could just be singularity
[11:47] tx Oh: hmm.. we have some unknown users
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to see if i notice it today with Kokua too
[11:47] tx Oh: i guess one is justin :-)
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that unknown user thing... urgh
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I do have another clue but simply no time to chase it yet
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: Unkonwn userUMMAU?
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: although of course this stuff can also be cached
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: hi tx, me ?
[11:48] tx Oh: Unknown User: hi tx, me ? yes?
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: weird. someone else told me to
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: if you;'re seeing just "unknown User" then that's because youi have tne name binding cached
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: you have to clear your viewer cache to change that
[11:49] tx Oh: i have a very slow connection today :-(
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it looks like that MAZ_HEAP things could possibly be the garbage collector failing
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4728537/boehm-gc-garbage-collector-too-many-heap-sections-increase-maxhincr-or-max-h
[11:49] posh prim: ummau the osgrid ghost
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: i just switch complete to sgen
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i suppose we could try that
[11:51] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Think I will have a break before the test.. on the hour?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: see if it made any impact
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya load test in 8 minutes
[11:52] Licu.Rau @craft-world.org:8002: hi robert
[11:52] Robert Adams: hi all.... sorry I'm a bit late
[11:52] Sarah Kline: HI Seriously overweight Robert
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: a bit late!
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:52] Kayaker Magic: How do I get to the Load Test? Is it just on a SIM in the OSGrid? What is it's name?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hypergrid
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: the addresses are on this page : https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cp4ahh0rhicg83gvl1o7uh9gtko
[11:53] Robert Adams: open the map... type "cc.opensimulator.org:8002:keynote 1" for the region name and search for same
[11:53] Robert Adams: when it finds it, say 'teleport'
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: [11:53] Second Life: Region found!
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: btw, robert, I wasnted to ask you a bulletsim terrain question?
[11:55] Robert Adams: fire away
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I notice once can't teleport an avatar under terrain in BulletSim (if one removes the failsafes), uinlike ODE
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: brb i am afk a few moments
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: Does BulletSim separately prevent this or just work differently?
[11:55] Robert Adams: you want to do that?
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: bad things happen in ODE depending on how far under you teleport
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: no, I want to it never to happen
[11:56] Robert Adams: BulletSim checks to see if the avatar is under terrain and moves the avatar to be over same
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I have a person who sees libomv avatars remain underground on occasion
[11:56] Robert Adams: it doesn't allow an avatar to be below terrain
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: ok
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: out of curiosity, do you thnink ode could ever do the same?
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: It could, sure. There's no reason why it couldn't. It just doesn't right now.
[11:57] Robert Adams: there always can be bugs, but that's the way it is designed
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: btw, do you think after the next release we could switch to bulletsim as the default phys eng? Is it ready?
[11:58] Robert Adams: I think it is.... what are you thinking of doing the next release?
[11:58] Robert Adams: when
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: you mean 0.7.6 release justin ?
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: hopefully starting soon but there are some nbugs I really would like to see cleared up first
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: namely the issue with ghost avatars (false connections) and the unknown user stuff
[11:59] Robert Adams: if there are any for me, I will dig into them..... I want BulletSim to be the default
[11:59] OtakuMegane Desu: Hey Robert, quick question - does BulletSim use single-precision or double-precision by default?
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I think 0.7.6 will be the last ode release then immediately after we could switch and have time to work out any kinks that come up
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: before the next release after that
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: Sounds good to me
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, looks like the top of the hour
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: Everyone ready to jump over?
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: 0.7.7 gives a bit more time yes
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: could you capture the meeting log quickly?
[12:00] Sarah Kline: yup
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: sure
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki