Chat log from the meeting on 2012-11-06

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 12:34, 6 November 2012 by Kenearlg (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: i think i found it on one of those free sound archives
[10:53] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[10:53] Mitch Shelman is online.
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:54] Richardus Raymaker: what sound you need ?
[10:55] Richardus Raymaker: there you are
[10:57] Andrew Hellershanks: I have a sound to convert to a format I can upload here
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: I think you can only upload wav files
[10:59] Teravus Ousley: Thanks for that gesture.
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: he neb, teravus, andrew
[10:59] Sarah Kline: hiyas
[10:59] Key Gruin: hi feoples
[10:59] Key Gruin: peoples evun
[11:00] Sarah Kline: he's drunk again
[11:00] Sarah Kline: ^^
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks: dang it. I tell audacity to resample and upload still says its not 44.1k
[11:00] Key Gruin: my fingers are cold lol
[11:00] Sarah Kline: )
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm. it where tricky
[11:00] Tiwi Whiteberry: hey everyone
[11:01] Sarah Kline: hi Tiwi
[11:01] Teravus Ousley: hello
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[11:01] Tiwi Whiteberry: hey Sarah
[11:01] Sarah Kline: hi rich
[11:01] Key Gruin: had our first snow today
[11:01] Key Gruin: ewww
[11:02] Tiwi Whiteberry: we got over 10cm and wet
[11:02] Tiwi Whiteberry: /:
[11:02] gemini17 rising is online.
[11:02] Key Gruin: yeah it will be gone tomorrow
[11:02] Tiwi Whiteberry: i hope so
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: I put video up on screen of a roller coaster here on OSgrid
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi key
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: snow, brrrr
[11:03] Tiwi Whiteberry: yep, its Great build
[11:03] Key Gruin: that id definitely the best roller coaster ever on opensim
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: if you cant see on screen
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: here it is on youtube
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: youtube can be a bit nasty. looks also the dont have full hd-res. or it take a few days
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: I need to go back today and make a new video
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: it has sounds now
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: its really cool
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: soon i have a new video to from a few sims. just need to wait for some green light
[11:04] Key Gruin: sweet
[11:04] Tiwi Whiteberry: uhum =)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: its on "Ulala Grid"
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: is the region name here on OSgrid
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: i gues sthats setpos rollercoaster ?
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:05] Mike Kayaker: HAHAHA!
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: keeps cool !
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: creative things like this you dont see much in sl. not me. thats posisble why its boring to
[11:06] Robert Adams: I'll just stand over here near the dounuts
[11:06] Tiwi Whiteberry: hehe
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: hello tiwi
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hello Robert
[11:06] Tiwi Whiteberry: hello Richardus
[11:06] Azah Tabor: save some of them for Me Adam. lol
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: check this out Robert
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:07] Robert Adams: hello all
[11:07] Tiwi Whiteberry: was about telling same to Robert
[11:07] Tiwi Whiteberry: =)
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: well i building on physics train. with some longer breaks. lol
[11:07] Tiwi Whiteberry: hello
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:08] Key Gruin: hello all I haven't said hi to (pretty much everyone)
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: hello Key
[11:08] Tiwi Whiteberry: hello Justin
[11:08] Mike Kayaker: Hello!
[11:08] Sarah Kline: HI justin
[11:08] Tiwi Whiteberry: hey Dahlia
[11:08] Key Gruin: hey Neb, Justin
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia, justin
[11:08] Azah Tabor: hello to all from across the pond.. lol
[11:08] Tiwi Whiteberry: :)
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble: :)
[11:08] Mike Kayaker: Agin, as a Californian, I would like to personally appologise for Daylight Wastings Time.
[11:09] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:09] Azah Tabor: Mike, do you know if Tiffany and Logger know its at this time today?
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll let them know
[11:09] Mike Kayaker: No, I don't know.. But I have tiff on Skype, I'll tell her
[11:09] Robert Adams: I would vote for a candidate who pledged to eliminate DST
[11:10] Azah Tabor: ok.. was about to start my skype up and see where they was. lol
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: europe has dst as well :)
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: wouldn't be quite so bad if the us and eu DSTs were sync'd
[11:10] Azah Tabor decides to run and first order is to abolish DST
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: heh I got here an Hour early today incase anyone was confused
[11:10] Tiwi Whiteberry: awww
[11:10] Robert Adams: you have my vote, Azah
[11:10] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[11:10] Key Gruin: just go by UTC it never changes
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: oh Cuteulala is here cool
[11:11] Dahlia Trimble: I'm always confused anyway
[11:11] Tiwi Whiteberry: right Key
[11:11] Mike Kayaker: I vote Azah!
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: UTC is more irritating with DST since then meeting times change
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: and 1800 is much more inconvenient for me than 1900 in the UK ;)
[11:11] Azah Tabor: if I get enough votes, does that mean I can make a request and get it done first??? lol
[11:11] Mike Kayaker: You know in China, a civilazed country, they have only one time zone.
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hello Cuteulala
[11:11] Key Gruin: I hate time perioud
[11:11] Tiwi Whiteberry: wots wrog with UTC
[11:11] Key Gruin: *perioud
[11:11] Key Gruin: lol
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: the best clock to use is DST.
[11:12] Robert Adams: too bad LL didn't start SL as UTC rather that local time
[11:12] Azah Tabor: ** period
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: sorrt PST
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: PST you can easy convert to RL
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: make any more progress with the Roller Coaster?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: doh
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: they crashed
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:12] Azah Tabor: there you go Key...
[11:12] Azah Tabor: lol
[11:12] Dahlia Trimble: I kinda like it that SL time is Pacific time :) *ducks*
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: What's wrong with UTC is simply it doesn't match up with the daylight around the world everywhere.. and that some people's brains.
[11:12] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[11:12] Tiwi Whiteberry: hehe
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: .. breaks some people's brains.
[11:12] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[11:12] Tiwi Whiteberry: time is time
[11:13] Azah Tabor: Neb, I need that AO. lol
[11:13] Tiwi Whiteberry: hehe
[11:13] Dahlia Trimble: life is too short to worry about time
[11:13] Key Gruin: that's why I don't like it (time that is)
[11:13] Mitch Shelman is offline.
[11:13] Tiwi Whiteberry: thats why we have so many different time - we cant agree
[11:13] Tiwi Whiteberry: ;)
[11:14] Key Gruin agrees with Dahlia
[11:14] Mike Kayaker: Hi Tiffany!
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: you make any more progress with your roller coaster Cuteulala?
[11:14] Tiffany Magic: Hello all... Hi Mike. *smile*
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: i put the video up on the main screen
[11:14] Tiwi Whiteberry: hello
[11:14] Azah Tabor: Hey Tiffany.... I was before you and logger tonight. lol
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: hello tiwi
[11:14] Tiwi Whiteberry: hello
[11:14] Robert Adams: The roller coaster is great...
[11:14] Takni Miklos: crashies crashies
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: hello takni
[11:15] UUID Speaker: Takni Miklos: aaaa8626-83c7-4cd5-934c-e6f95fdcdf74
[11:15] Robert Adams: is it all llSetPos ?
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble: is the roller coaster physical?
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: is that on ode or bullet (can't actually see it since I'm using v1 atm)
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: i think parametersfast
[11:15] Key Gruin: it's so smooth
[11:15] Takni Miklos: it is llsetlinkprimitiveparamsfast!
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: or maybe not physics at all then?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: Cuteulala can answer more questions about the roller coaster
[11:15] Tiffany Magic hands Azah a blue ribbon.... grinning
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: and Takini too
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: Key, you know my train.
[11:15] Azah Tabor: ok... I want a go on that. lol
[11:15] Takni Miklos: all nonphys
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble: we need LlSetKeyframe stuffs
[11:15] Takni Miklos: phys sucks!
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: working on physics train
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: signpostmarv is attempting to do llSetKeygrame
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: frame
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: for a rolercoaster yes.. for a train on windows. it dont work bad
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: The roller coaster in Ulala Grid was interesting.
[11:16] Cuteulala Artis: hello girls and guys please note the coaster is a Group project
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: the green boxes that represent the cars were odd. They disappeared three times for a bit as they went around the track.
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: dont know that one andrew
[11:16] Takni Miklos: hi sweetie!
[11:16] Mitch Shelman is online.
[11:16] Cuteulala Artis: Me and Takni Miklos invented it
[11:16] Cuteulala Artis: Takni is the main scriptor
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: hello cuteulala
[11:16] Takni Miklos: me on charge of scripting and cute does the looks!
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Rich: It is the name of a region here
[11:17] Cuteulala Artis: she is a master scriptor
[11:17] Cuteulala Artis: teaching me
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: Do you have a link to the video (can't see it with my viewer atm)
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: I am going to make a better video today
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: WIch one andrew ? you can only see it when i unlock the door. but my test sims/sandbox are here
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i did that at like 2:30am last night
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i was tired
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: Neb, where's you space nav ?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: I have it, i didnt use it last night
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i just wanted to make a quick video
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: ok..
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i was to tired to get fancy
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis: If it wasent for Takni Miklos my coasters wouldent work :P
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm impressed what can be done
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: I bet Takni has to do a load of odd stuff to account for opensim scripting though
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis: Takni is a great teacher !
[11:18] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: She taught me tons of scripting skills
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: so that is what the cars are supposed to look like.
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: is the rollercoster a full link set, or just seperate prims. with seperate prims i think it works a bit same as my pos train
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: At the moment part of the area is set to off limits.
[11:19] Cuteulala Artis: Seperate prims
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: this my position train.
[11:19] Takni Miklos: must be separate coz llSensor casnt sense individual prims
[11:19] Key Gruin: amazing there is very little if any jerkiness
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: wasnt there a recent patch that did move with velocity?
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: Think we use the same idea takni
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: particles and physical movement of objects are two things I want to get in to more (when I have time)
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: I would like to understand why in OpenSim if you sit on a child prim in any kind of vehicle
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: your avatar jerks around like crazy
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think this happens in SL
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: I don't remember that
[11:20] Cuteulala Artis: Blame the none laggy performence aweosmeness on osgrid!!! congrats :) cause in sl it studders and pass one another easily lol
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: I think Signpost did it
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: nbeadon: I wonder if that's related to the wrong mouse look position
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: but like i say, i try to switch back to physics again
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: very possible Justin
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: its not just the camera that jerks though
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: you see all avatars stuttering bad
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
[11:21] Chandler Solo is offline.
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: I personaly think takni miklos is the best scriptor in SL i have never seen a betetr one yet
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: are the avatars sitting?
[11:21] Cuteulala Artis: shes the queen of scripts!
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: its a scripted sit
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: nothing fancy
[11:21] Sarah Kline: has it not got to update the avatar in a different way to the prim its sitting on
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm thats soem problem with setpos nebadon. someone like to see that fixt btw. :O
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: but every vehicle ive ever made does it
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe some kind of update lag
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: not just the roller coaster
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: why child prims only though
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: if it was update lag wouldnt root prim also do it
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, so absolutely fine on root prims?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: i see it with physics in muselook to nebadon
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: how curious
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: well yes
[11:22] Takni Miklos: wait-- how can the server remember on which prim you sat ?
[11:22] Tiffany Magic: Lag??? Did someone say LAG??
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: afair, avatar position updates are still sent separately even if sitting on something
[11:22] Tiffany Magic coughs
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: if your not on the root you will see it in mouselook as well
[11:22] Dahlia Trimble: thats strange because you're really sitting on the root prim anyway
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: different kind of lag
[11:22] Sarah Kline: yes its smooth as anything in mouselook
[11:22] gemini17 rising is offline.
[11:22] Cuteulala Artis: Takni has enough skills to put linden labs on there knees but thats up to her is she want to do that for osgrid haha not my call hehe
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: it seems like some kind of prim order priority for movement or something
[11:22] Dahlia Trimble: some viewer strangeness probably
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: it doesnt do it in SL
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: try it in radegast
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: I dont think
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: it has some velocity interpolation stuffs
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting. That would suggest an opensim thing
[11:23] Vin Seymore: Neb that happens to you as a single avatar or only on two person vehicles?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ya I am like 99.9% sure its opensim only
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: eiher
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: either way Vin
[11:23] Cuteulala Artis: PrimativeParms needs to be improoved bad it is none responsive and laggy
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: anytime an avatar sits on a non root prim
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: not seen avatar movement problems in SL
[11:23] Teravus Ousley notes that the simulator still doesn't pass a proper time dilation in it's viewer updates :)
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: they jerk around
[11:24] Sarah Kline: yes sorry have been on a ride in SL the other day, it doesnt do it
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: thanks Sarah
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: its been some time since ive done much in SL
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: but I do not recall that ever happening there
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: setting position in nonphys was never designed for smooth motion, it has too much overhead
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: yes
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: But the avatar dont move smooth on physics verhicle to.
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: it should
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: need to retest that by add poseball to my train
[11:25] Cuteulala Artis: There is a funny bug tho with nonephys positoning it will also lag listeners :P
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: well dahliai, it does. until you go in mouselook
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: I dont think we send acceleration properly in physical objects
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: if at all
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: yeah, we don't - I'm sure that could be fixed
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: might just be a case of adding the param
[11:26] Robert Adams: acceleration is not computed
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: i triggered a few times the las week a math error in ode to. did not made mantis because i want to know when it happens
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: sounds like it always happens when delinking a physical prim set?
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey farts quietly
[11:27] lillith xue is offline.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: No that happens with the other ode error i made mantuis from
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: the math.h error happens when trains start to collide sofar i remeber or start to get crazy
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, there are a whole load of bugs/stuff I need to look at, but unfrotunately work is beating me up atm
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: an issue of poor planning :)
[11:28] lillith xue is online.
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: someday i get that math error again. dont worry
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: also worth trying bullet, since that is going to be the default phys engine at some point in the future
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: ODE + Me is good for a few simulator cashes
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: crashes
[11:28] Mike Kayaker: cash for crashes!
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: and I believe robert has the opportunity to actively fix issues with the bullet integration :)
[11:29] Robert Adams: well, I'll add BulletSim to the mix and enable even more crashes :)
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: I tried bullet, but verhicles did react weird. i need to update opensim then. but i first want to revert my registery key next week and test that first
[11:29] Mike Kayaker: Old bugs for new!
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: A bug TARP program
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: buy 1 bug get 1 free.
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: 2 for 1 special. More like you get 2 for free ;-)
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: your right, in sl you bay for it
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: so did you try disabling cap inventory?
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: R, do you know how much, relying on anonymous method closures adds to the overhead of the taint system?
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: i last you teravus
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, not yet. I was making a completely new ini file for the grid since the existing ones were done back around the 0.7.2 days.
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: That was for Robert Adams actually
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: ok, it's quite possible I will open a mantis to collect data on this issue soon
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: i hope i can test bullet again in 2 weeks. now my trains are more stable to..
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: as usual, I get a problem starting os with new ini and no useful error message.
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Seems like a problem accessing estate.
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: though the first thing to try will definitely be seeing what effect inventory CAP disabling has
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Once I get that dealt with I will test the inventory cap thing
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: need to scrug install a windows on some hdd to..
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: unfortunately don't have a lot of time to work on issues this week
[11:32] Robert Adams: I haven't bench marked that...
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: todo list always too long
[11:32] Robert Adams: but tainting should only happen when changing parameters... normal running shouldn't do any of that
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: It makes for a very clean, maintainable taint system.
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll change the cap thing while I continue to work on the new ini file and see what happens.
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: what new ini file andrew ?
[11:33] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.5 Dev          8dfe59d: 2012-11-01 03:42:15 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: Justin
[11:34] Teravus Ousley: I also notice that you're providing an array of colliders... from stepping the world.... and I thought that was neat.
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: were is ur outfit
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:34] Key Gruin: new OpenSim.ini?
[11:34] Robert Adams: I am discovering lots of odd things that happen... selecting a linkset selects the root twice and the children once
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: thats justings outfit sofar i know
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: OPenSim Dev with a jump suite hehe
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: cutelala: yeah sorry - I should put on something less congfusing some day :)
[11:34] Robert Adams: that was one goal -- each step is only one call into the unmanaged code
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: i thought u was a prim
[11:34] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: just I swap viewers, etc. too often and am ultra-lazy :)
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:35] Cuteulala Artis: i tried taking a copy of u
[11:35] Cuteulala Artis: DERP
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin: I have set the two inventory cap things to "". I don't know if anyone did a grid wide restart to test the changes.
[11:35] Teravus Ousley: Yes. Much simpler then my idea several years ago to implement something different :)
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: lol robert, my trains did love the ocean. but i think thats programming error. once it jumped 8 sims far. out of border. uhmm oh..
[11:35] Cuteulala Artis: sec someone at my door lawd
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: there you go Justin
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: we have oject delete on console. a object return would be nice to
[11:35] Teravus Ousley: .. use the global collider thing.
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: i sent you a complete avatar
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: just right click folder and replace
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: I will wear that when I'm back o na v2 viewer
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[11:36] Cuteulala Artis: The most anoying issue in osgrid is rezzing tons of things and then deleting takes forever
[11:36] Robert Adams: vehicles are wonky in BulletSim at t he moment... I'm working on that now
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: slightly scared what will happen if I do it in SL 1.23
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: the object delete is very good. in combination with viewerr object search
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: its mesh
[11:36] Cuteulala Artis: and then once i reboot sim its back haha
[11:36] Cuteulala Artis: its mesh?
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: asset migration still going?
[11:36] Cuteulala Artis: brb sec
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: i know robert. but that where with ODE. i have some error in my lsl code ...
[11:37] Robert Adams: there are so many moving parts...
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: i found a second box in my inventory that gives asset error
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: why do you not have thois vendors down here to nebadon ?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: heh there you go justin
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: some basic avatrs
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: just click panel it will deliver it
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: are those Ina's avatars?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: so justin can get an avatar lol
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: yes Dahlia
[11:39] Sarah Kline: hehe
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: i guess justin picks the center one ?
[11:39] Robert Adams: you put them right by me.... are you hinting somthing?
[11:39] Sarah Kline: your'l never get him to to it
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: lol Robert
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: I recognized the faces
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: these are out at Lbsa Plaza
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and at UCI edu1
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: I should probably have them out here too some where
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: So. the biggest issue with ODE was managing the threading. Objects reach into the phsyics scene from many threads.
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: then, there was the simulators all on different threads... trying to reach into ODE
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: then there was the heightfield ugliness
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: ... and because the taint system was difficult... it was easy to forget to do something.
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: so you see ODE Asserting here or there.
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: yes. Do you think SL approach is easier? From the hints I've seen, I imagine a lot more of their update code is single threaded
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: and getting collision mesh memory to work ugliness :(
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: i think LL did got some grey hairs more in past to with physics
[11:41] Robert Adams: I have to keep straight taint-time and non-taint-time in BulletSim also :)
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: Yes, it's the managed --> unmanaged memory boundary... with everying in inmanaged space having to be statically available.
[11:42] Cuteulala Artis: back
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: .. unmanaged
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: wb cuteulala
[11:43] Robert Adams: I have been thinking of ways to multi-thread the physicas engine... Bullet has multithreaded near-phase scheduling but that doesn't help overall
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis: wish i had two desktops
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis: if i did i could run my sim 24/7
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: i readed LL did try or have as project Threaded simborder crossing..
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: doesnt bullet also have some support for opencl?
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: The only way that I've been able to think the physics engine could be effectively multithreaded is in island management.
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I saw dan lake put in that 'targetvelocity' property. Is that part of your work also?
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: You could, in theory, run the islands in separate threads.
[11:44] Cuteulala Artis: Do you guys and girls run your pc 24/7?
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: ya
[11:44] Cuteulala Artis: is it bad?
[11:44] Cuteulala Artis: or good
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: seperate one for opensim
[11:44] Cuteulala Artis: idk
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: no problems
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: as long its in cool room :)
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: The physics plugin... may be able to thread changes as long as they're in the proper order.
[11:45] Cuteulala Artis: yes my pc stays in an AC room
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Windows used to get in to problems if it was running too long without reboot. I don't care as I run Linux and would not run Windows long enough for it to go south.
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: my computers pretty much never turn off
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:45] Robert Adams: it's for DSG... setting and getting velocity in physics engines have side effects and that separates the setting targets (taint) from the actual current value
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: mine are turned off when I'm sleeping
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: hmm problems andrew. intressting.. need to explain that after meeting or earlyer
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: my windows laptop usually gets rebooted about once a month
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: ok, thanks
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: I wish someone with linux pro would help me get it since i dont play major pc titles anymore i wouldent mind switching to a linux
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: kill virus issues
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: linux desktop anywhere from 3 minutes to 100 days
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: I am beyond sick of windows
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: i stepped (shame) away from linux more
[11:46] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't run WIndows on my desktop in a month or two. It developed a boot problem that I haven't solved yet. The partition contents are still ok.
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: i have only 205 skill in Ubuntu
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: 20%
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: managed and unmanaged interactions continue to provide interesting and time consuming challenges. :)
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: Ubuntu is preety
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: I gave up on ubuntu, I use kubuntu now
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: problem with linux is mono isn't same level as Windows .net
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: ubuntu where pretty. until 10.04
[11:47] Cuteulala Artis: Kubuntu
[11:47] Cuteulala Artis: o.o
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Cuteulala: There are live CD's of Linux you can get to start you off.
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: I cant stand the unity desktop stuff
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: useable but still too easy to hit gotchas
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: I like Mint Linux and Suse
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: I can't see how to tell Mint to not install boot loader.
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: well for me windows gives me much more tools to monitor.
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: suse good nebadon. as server.
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: I dont care for mint, too much hype and not enough substance for me
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I find it a bit the other way around. There are tons of monitoring tools for Linux.
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: but mono and amd x6 + opensim dont work good
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: well to be fair I only run it on my netbook
[11:48] Cuteulala Artis: hehe clearly we all are form diffrent worls hahahaha
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: i would never run Mint as a server
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: it runs really well on my netbook
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: though some things, like loading lots of script DLLs into the same AppDomain, appear to work better on mono
[11:48] Teravus Ousley likes altoids... but... yes.. that's a different topic.
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Probably not Mint for server but ok for desktop.
[11:48] Cuteulala Artis: i know mono is a dotnet thing for linux
[11:48] Robert Adams: my problem with vehicles at the moment, is that Bullet keeps wanting to help in the simulation :)
[11:48] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:49] Cuteulala Artis: vibrating cars yes
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: Andrew. i never found option to see easy hom many TCP connections are used and wich ip's conenct to wich port. its very easy on windows
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: I havent tried bulletsim yet, I should try it with my pathfinding stuff
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: Robert did you ever figure out the exploding car thing?
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: My Ubuntu (11.04) is now telling me that is is no longer supported and wants me to upgrade but I don't want Unity or Gnome 3 that I'd get if I did.
[11:49] Cuteulala Artis: Remeber folks OSGRID with bullet was the first automobile company to support the first vibration seat alert!!!!
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: is that something I should update and test?
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: eep, sounds bad nebadon. dotn stor C4 in the car
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: it was pretty dramatic
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Cuteulala: hehe
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: Andrew, KDE is pretty nice
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia: Um... no
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i like KDE too
[11:50] Teravus Ousley has really liked KDE for a while
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: kde35. yes. abpout kde4. it crash very very fast
[11:50] Robert Adams: yes I have... the version I checked in the other day should fix that... but I was waiting for vehicles to work (any day now!) before I made a big deal
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i dont have any trouble with new KDE
[11:50] Mike Kayaker: I'd like to inject a question: Whitestar Magic told me that "llSleep locks the script thread while it sleeps" (in Question: is the delay in llSetPos the same? does delay lock the script thread?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool, I will wait to test then Robert
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia: I stayed away from it in the early days as it wasn't free (it used Qt). It looked pretty but I also didn't like how it grabbed the sound system for itself.
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: Mike, i repleyied on that forum to. the answhere is yes
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: mike: no, it will only be llSleep that delays the script thread
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: out of my ind llSetPos = 200ms
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: but in theory that should make no difference since there are other script threads
[11:51] Robert Adams: and if you run hundreds of scripts that do sleeps, you can capture all the threads in the simulator
[11:51] Mike Kayaker: Ah! didn't see that this morning!
[11:52] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm going to cut out of here a little early. Hour is almost up and the cat is calling for me.
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, llSleep is an issue
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: sound has worked pretty well for me since using kubuntu
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: bye andrew
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[11:52] Mike Kayaker: So next question: Soes "lock the script thread" really mean that llSleep in one script shuts down all the rest of the scripts in the sim? REALLY!??
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: bye andrew
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: mike: no
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: well as example my train use 18ms script time. the physics one 1 or 2 ms
[11:52] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, I'll let you know about the cap's issue when I hear back whether instances have been restarted and if testing has been done.
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: mike: since there are other script threads
[11:53] Robert Adams: no, Mike... there are multiple threads for the scripts... it just stops one of them
[11:53] Cuteulala Artis: how do i enable voice in my sim
[11:53] Cuteulala Artis: hmm
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: I'll let you know the mantis number when I open the issue
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, ok
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks waves
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: very short thread stops are less dangerous. but long sleeps are deadly
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: have you tested with lots of llSleeps tying up threads?
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: my statements are partly based on supposition - I haven't done a lot of testing in tihs area
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: i have actually done some pretty hard core testing with sleeps
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: i have im a sleep expert
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: hahha ask takni
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: cuteulala: heh
[11:54] Spike Sol is online.
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: you still have nightmares from the llSleeps nebadon.... :O
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: could you summarize the effects?
[11:54] Robert Adams: I did it a while ago (measured in years)... had hundreds of cubes that rotated with a timer
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: Takni beats me up when she sees me use llSleep
[11:54] Samira Samtanko is online.
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: well when I was doing that big NPC simulation
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, the problem with llSleep is because of a fundamental way in which the script engine works
[11:54] Robert Adams: discovered it slowed down without using CPU time... turned out to be all the threads sleeping
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: i was using llSleep inside of a llVolumeDetect prim
[11:55] Cuteulala Artis: LOL
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: where it has to sleep the entire thread - it can't release that particular thread to go do something else
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: Cateulala, my V2 train use llSLeep to.
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: generally what I was seeing is the script would eventually hang and never recover
[11:55] Cuteulala Artis: yes and takni then hang me
[11:55] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: over time every llVolumeDetect sensor that had the llSleep would eventually die
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: only way to fix it was to restart the entire sim
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: hmmm, I wonder if there's a really cunning way some different c# could be generated with llSleep
[11:55] Cuteulala Artis: does anyone have a multi sound player for osgrid mine keeps fialing
[11:55] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: i ended up spending a few days removing all the llSleeps
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i had literally 100s
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: generate a pseudo internal event that would allow the thread to be released and pick up where it left off when the sleep expires
[11:56] Cuteulala Artis: my cd player dont work
[11:56] Sarah Kline: that would be good to do
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: rather than simply do Thread.Sleep
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: Cateulala, i think you use opensim version without the bugfix
[11:56] Cuteulala Artis: i downloaded from osgrid
[11:56] Cuteulala Artis: website
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: that version dont have the bugfix
[11:56] Cuteulala Artis: :O
[11:56] Azah Tabor: sorry, but with the llSleep... what would be the better function to use?
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: cutelala: the sound change is extremely recent
[11:56] Robert Adams: does the script engine really need all that AppDomain stuff?
[11:56] Cuteulala Artis: i need to pull?
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: azah: I think standard advice is to use timer events
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: llSleep in very moderate use is not bad, but overall its pretty evil
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: i hope next version have the sounds fixt for you cat
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: especially if there are events
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: which is actually the internal solution I was thinking of
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: it seems like whenever a llSleep and an Event collide
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: its real bad
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: oh boy imma update
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: cuteulala: easiest would be to wait for next osgrid release
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: after i export oar
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: but yeah, it's in git master
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: which I believe is stable atm
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: ya I might put up a new release today
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: ah i know how to use git
[11:57] Azah Tabor: thanks Justin.. think I might have to look into the meter system I have and see how many I actually use. lol
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: do i need to compile it?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: we'll see I kind of need to test
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: after downlaoding
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: yes you do
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: ok
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: git is uncompiled
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: easy enough
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: :P
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: git means compile cat :O
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: sounds like road kill
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: so just wait for next osgrid release
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: ok fingers crossed cant wait
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, signpostmarv did a lot of sound fixes
[11:59] Azah Tabor: how long till 7.5 is released?? if you do not mind me asking
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: oh justin.. about C#, its common you always get soem errors with compieling. for me the are warnings so i ignore them.
[11:59] Vin Seymore: question here: is the newest xxx-post-fixes branch always supposed to be stable?
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: azah: probably early jan
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: yeah warnings are normal
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: early january
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ideally I would like no warnings but not everybody is as fastidious as me :)
[11:59] Tiffany Magic: Well, we are going to rollback to 7.3.
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: thanks justin. just wanted to double check now.
[11:59] Tiffany Magic: The lag in 7.4 is killing us.
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: thats abd tiffany
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: I suggest you wait for Andrew to try the stuff I've suggested to him first
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: re: disabling HTTP inventory
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: in wich case you get the lag. with many avatars ?
[12:00] Tiffany Magic: Richardus... we have lag on an empty sim with two people on it.
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: i would enevr go back to 0.7.3 that version is not so good.
[12:00] Mitch Shelman is offline.
[12:00] Tiffany Magic: We didn't have any lag at all until we upgraded.
[12:00] Azah Tabor: Richardus: in the 7.4, I can be the only one on the sim, and it will take well over half an hour to load anything up. and can hardly move....
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: wich viewer ?
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: azah: standalone or grid?
[12:01] Tiffany Magic: Island Oasis.... 3rdRock.... they are both on 7.3 with no lag issues.
[12:01] Azah Tabor: Firestorm, Voodoo, Sing, Imp, SL Viewer
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: and where's the server compared to your desktop pc ?
[12:01] Cuteulala Artis: she is right tho i noticed a huge performence drop :o
[12:01] Azah Tabor: rid Justin
[12:01] Azah Tabor: grid*
[12:01] Cuteulala Artis: even local run lags
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: azah: your own or someone else's?
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: Azah, first thing you can try is set viewer bandwidth to 500 if not already doen
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: that's a good point
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: local lag ? then its not opensim
[12:02] Azah Tabor: server is n France.. PC is in UK.. connection test ran on give me 20Mb
[12:02] Cuteulala Artis: but i did have internet issues
[12:02] Cuteulala Artis: and got it fixed
[12:02] Azah Tabor: viewers are all set to 500
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: azah: your own grid or some else's?
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: you can always take a test on my region Azah. mine is running in netherlands
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: on osgrid
[12:02] Azah Tabor: Virtual Highway
[12:02] Tiffany Magic: Justin: He is in our grid.
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i think something wrong with config..
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: lunch time, bye all :) *waves*
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: you run all the simulators or do you let other people hook up?
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[12:03] Azah Tabor: and I have also noticed lag here while I was walking about before the meeting
[12:03] Tiffany Magic: We run them all.
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: remeber that you have sometime slag when a sim is loading..
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: And andrew is helping you, right?
[12:04] Tiffany Magic: Justin: Right
[12:04] Key Gruin: slag?
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm Azah. the server is not hosted at OVH ?
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I am going to open a mantis soon for these issues since that's the only way to systematically collect data
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: but even rolling back to 0.7.3 and telling me the issue has gone away would be good to knwo
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: Justin. maby you can post that mantis on forum to ?
[12:05] Tiffany Magic: Richardus... Our servers are hosted through OVH.
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: unfortunately I don't have any time to go into forums
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: I woul dhave to rely on somebody else to post details
[12:05] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, well the have the habbit sofar i know with some server to maby limit bandwidth. you can check that to tiffany. i used once ovh.
[12:05] Richardus Raymaker: but thats aroudn 3 years ago for me
[12:06] Mitch Shelman is online.
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go do some other work now. See you guys around.
[12:06] Tiffany Magic: I just have trouble believing it is a server issue when everything was fine until we upgraded.
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: checked looks like the still have the bandwidth limit. as option you can buy more
[12:06] Sarah Kline: bye Justin
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:06] Vin Seymore: bye
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: see you Justin
[12:07] Key Gruin waves at Justin
[12:07] Mike Kayaker: bye! Thank you Justin!
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[12:07] Cuteulala Artis: take care
[12:08] Mike Kayaker: Anyone left want to talka bout the sleep/script thread thing some more?
[12:08] Richardus Raymaker: well anyway good to check what you get as max. bandwidth speed tiffany. it offocrse dont fix slow gets.
[12:08] Artie Yordstorm is online.
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis: Only thing i need fixxed bad is the setpos on none phys
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis: LOL
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis: i like to make animated instruments
[12:09] Richardus Raymaker: thats cool
[12:09] Key Gruin: cool
[12:09] Mike Kayaker: So llSleep stops one of the script threads, but there are others?
[12:09] Robert Adams: yes, Mike
[12:09] Richardus Raymaker: Catueu, what you mena fix ?
[12:09] Mike Kayaker: So llSleep stops only SOME of the scripts that are running?
[12:09] chrispizz kish is online.
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis: i want to import insrument slike this and give it out to peeps something they can play
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis:
[12:10] Cuteulala Artis: but the moving of the plucker
[12:10] Cuteulala Artis: lags the listenrs
[12:10] Cuteulala Artis: i have to disable the pluckers to hear the music hehe
[12:10] Richardus Raymaker whispers: hmm WOW
[12:10] Robert Adams: it will stop one... the only problem comes when you have more scripts sleeping then there are threads allocated to the script engine
[12:10] Richardus Raymaker: the set is unlinked cat ?
[12:11] Cuteulala Artis: there is a audio delay in vid
[12:11] Cuteulala Artis: hehe
[12:11] Richardus Raymaker: if its a complete linked ste. use instead of listners linked messages
[12:11] Cuteulala Artis: cant cause
[12:11] Mike Kayaker: So if one script sleeps, the other scripts can move to other threaded script engines?
[12:11] Cuteulala Artis: it has a feature i use with gestures to be able to play it live
[12:11] Cuteulala Artis: using keyboard
[12:12] Richardus Raymaker: i would choice if the whole set is linked for 1 listner and that send the message to other prims with linked message
[12:13] Robert Adams: there is only one script engine. It has multiple threads and can execute many scripts in parallel
[12:13] Richardus Raymaker: still script A can bite script B robert
[12:13] Robert Adams: the sleep stops one of those parallel executions but the others continue on
[12:13] Sarah Kline: oh thats good i thought i heard it want multithreading
[12:13] Robert Adams: shouldn't, Richardus
[12:13] Cuteulala Artis: the coaster now has full sounds
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: if your thread pool is exhausted it could
[12:14] Sarah Kline: i should stop reading forums lol
[12:14] Richardus Raymaker: ?
[12:14] Mike Kayaker: When a script is waiting for event, like timer, it is not using a thread. Timer goes off, the script is assigned a thread from the pool?
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: but that would likely mean you have a very poorly written script
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:14] Robert Adams: that's the "too many scripts sleeping" problem... when all of the parallel script executions are sleeping
[12:14] Richardus Raymaker: one thing i know. that sometimes ode take much time so scripts repsone less good.
[12:14] Richardus Raymaker: or the region is crashed already :O
[12:15] Robert Adams: there is another automatic sleep, I think.... that delay that some functions have is done with a sleep
[12:15] Richardus Raymaker: llSetpos is one of them
[12:15] Cuteulala Artis: i have to admit that my coaster works betetr then in sl when it comes to keeping the cars together and not overlapping
[12:15] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[12:15] Mike Kayaker: YES!!! AHHHH!
[12:15] Robert Adams: you can change that delay in the INI file
[12:16] Mike Kayaker: Or you can re-write script to use llSetLinkPrimParamFast
[12:16] Richardus Raymaker: yes, but then you need to add llSleep
[12:16] Robert Adams: it's [XEngine] ScriptDelayFactor
[12:17] Robert Adams: setting that to zero will get rid of all the function delays
[12:17] Mike Kayaker: Only need to add llSleep if you counted on the delay.
[12:17] Roken Price is online.
[12:17] Vivian Klees is offline.
[12:17] Mike Kayaker: My problem was, calling llSetPos in a timer (and doing little else) was using tons of sim resources
[12:18] Mike Kayaker: Timer did the delay, didn't need the sleep
[12:18] Mike Kayaker: didnt need the delay
[12:18] Richardus Raymaker: i see playing with that setting like playing with fire. i preffer to get it running with normal settings and soem ossl commands sometimes
[12:18] Vivian Klees is online.
[12:18] Vin Seymore: would abusing llSensorRepeat (as a replacement for llSleep) cause too much lag?
[12:18] Mike Kayaker: INI settings are fire, and you cannot count on them being "your way" in another grid
[12:19] Richardus Raymaker: sensorrepeat is not always reliable for me in the past
[12:19] Mike Kayaker: I am using not_at_target for some timing.
[12:19] Richardus Raymaker: not_at_target fires way to fast and flood the querry here.
[12:19] Mike Kayaker: It does not seem to be a big soruce of lag, if I do not do lots of calculations thre.
[12:20] Mike Kayaker: I found that not_at_target seems to be throttled to 10 times a second.
[12:20] Mike Kayaker: on purpose?
[12:20] Richardus Raymaker: i think to avoid abuse
[12:21] Mike Kayaker: I put code in my not_at_target to throttle my use to 10 times a sectond to try and avoid abusing it, but found this was not necessary
[12:21] Sarah Kline: bye all
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: see you Sarah
[12:22] Key Gruin: bye Sarah
[12:22] Robert Adams: events are only processed each heartbeat tick... and there are 11 of those per second
[12:22] Sarah Kline is offline.
[12:22] Robert Adams: (why 11 is lost in the mists of time)
[12:22] Mike Kayaker: lol
[12:23] Mike Kayaker: OK, this has ben a very helpful discussion. Thanks Robert.
[12:23] Robert Adams: glad to help
[12:23] Key Gruin: hey Vivian
[12:23] Richardus Raymaker: bye sarah
[12:23] Vivian Klees: hi Key
[12:24] Robert Adams: I need to go afk.... bye all
[12:24] Mike Kayaker: Thanks all, I'm out of here!
[12:24] Mike Kayaker: Bye!
[12:24] Tiffany Magic: I'm back to VH also.... bye all... see you next week.
[12:24] Key Gruin: bye guys and gals
[12:25] Cuteulala Artis: how far can prims
[12:25] Cuteulala Artis: goe sup
[12:25] Robert Adams: 4096, I believe
[12:25] Roken Price is offline.
[12:25] Cuteulala Artis: anyway to uncap that
[12:25] Robert Adams: another INI parameter :)
[12:26] Cuteulala Artis: id like to program a shuttle
[12:26] Cuteulala Artis: launch
[12:26] Cuteulala Artis: i love simulation
[12:26] Robert Adams: Now that would be cool
[12:27] Key Gruin: I'll put the chat log on the website if someone else hasn't
[12:27] Teravus Ousley thinks that one of the trickiest parts of bullet is handling the Managed/Native interactions
Personal tools
About This Wiki