Chat log from the meeting on 2012-08-07

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 15:44, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[10:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi has entered chat range (2.3m)
[10:52 AM]  VivK Lowlag: hello Neb
[10:53 AM]  VivK Lowlag: Hi Bluewall
[10:53 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hi Viv
[10:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: yo
[10:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: just noticed there is new version of Zen viewer
[10:53 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hey Neb
[10:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: oh hrmm maybe not
[10:53 AM]  VivK Lowlag: I'll get that tonight
[10:54 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: could have sworn on login screen it said new version
[10:54 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ah no must have been halucinating
[10:54 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: brb afk a few minutes, need beverage
[10:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: oh well
[10:55 AM]  Bruce.Patton oops sorry
[10:55 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hi Taarna
[10:55 AM]  Taarna Welles: Good day/evening :)
[10:55 AM]  Taarna Welles: brb
[10:56 AM]  VivK Lowlag: hello Bruce
[10:56 AM]  Bruce.Patton Hi Vivian
[10:58 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi, neb,blue, all
[10:58 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hi RiRa
[10:58 AM]  Taarna Welles: Hi Rich
[10:58 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi taarna
[10:58 AM]  VivK Lowlag: hi Rich
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: Opensim still likes to consume more memory then the system takes back
[10:59 AM]  Sarah Kline: hi all
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[10:59 AM]  VivK Lowlag: hi Sarah
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hi Sarah
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: back
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: wb
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
[10:59 AM]  Bruce.Patton hi all sorry was afk
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi bruce
[10:59 AM]  Sarah Kline: hi
[10:59 AM]  Taarna Welles: Hi Neb
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I have some instances giving back memory, So I suspect that some things are holding references to objects
[10:59 AM]  Eliopod Beaumont: hi neb
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: maybe some scripts are leaking ram
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: hi every one
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: hi xstorm
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: it keept pretty stable for a long time bluewall. but after 4 days up am now at 11.5GB where a few days nice stable around 10GB
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi xstrom
[10:59 AM]  Taarna Welles: Hi xstorm
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: did every one get the news about google and sketchup ?
[10:59 AM]  Master Dubrovna: Greetings all
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: hi MD
[10:59 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Not me Xstorm
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: also see sometimes that my after freeze after login or teleport. to fix that best to TP to other sim. but can be the bug in 30-07 from last week
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi nalates
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: sketchup has split from google and joining with another company
[10:59 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Hi Richardus
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: interesting
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: whats with sketchup, i never use it. it crashed at first try to load DAE file from blender. last time i use it
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: so the 3D may get better
[10:59 AM]  Sarah Kline: autodesk? lol
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: what is the other company?
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: i need to find the post i lost its name
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Trimble
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: never heard of it
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Dahlia?
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: but i been testing the dae they use its good for some things
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Sketchups collada support has been terrible from my experience
[10:59 AM]  Nalates Urriah:
[10:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: especially with texturing
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i find this "Heads-up, 3D modelers: Google's SketchUp sold to Trimble"
[10:59 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks waves hello
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: never heared about bthat company
[10:59 AM]  BlueWall Slade: hi Andrew
[10:59 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[10:59 AM]  Sarah Kline: hi Andrew
[11:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: dont wave toi hard andrew, you blow clouds away
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:05 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: The name Trimble sounds fimiliar but I don't use Sketch Up
[11:05 AM]  xstorm Radek: 'it is very poor grade yes but can be used for some basic dirty work
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: for basic geometry stuff its ok i guess
[11:05 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: If they are the clouds of doom following me, I could stand to have them blown away. ;-)
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: one major issue though
[11:05 AM]  xstorm Radek: Andrew your name just scared the hell out of me lol
[11:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: you can betetr learn blender. then you done for many years
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: is the stuff is super complex when exported
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it doesnt link stuff together
[11:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: like if you make a cube
[11:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its 6 planes
[11:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: when you import the collada into SL or OpenSim
[11:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: not very efficient
[11:06 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: xstorm: Why did I scare you?
[11:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: though to be fair, ive not used Sketchup in some time
[11:06 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: only wish someone did have a good mesh painter
[11:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its possible its gotten better
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: I just remember importing a SKethup building i got
[11:07 AM]  xstorm Radek: no thats why i say dirty but can be impoted in to a 3d program and merged
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it ended up being like 380 prims
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: or something absurd
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:07 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: yikes
[11:07 AM]  xstorm Radek: go low with sketchup low is better
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:07 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: That's the kind of thing I get if I try to make Rhino 3D export to sculpty. It doesn't work well.
[11:07 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i have had much better luck using a free .OBJ exporter i found for Sketchup
[11:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: export to OBJ then into Blender with that
[11:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Blender almost never can open sketchup collada files
[11:08 AM]  xstorm Radek: yes free OBJ is much better and thats why i do not understand why sl did not go with OBJ
[11:09 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you can not Rig OBJ
[11:09 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: thats why
[11:09 AM]  xstorm Radek: you can link rigging with obj lol
[11:10 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: question, think it can only be done with sensors. are there opther lsl command to read uuid from remote NOT linked prim ?
[11:10 AM]  Taarna Welles: the export need to be collada after the rigging.
[11:12 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: uh oh... did we crash?
[11:12 AM]  Bruce.Patton was wondering too
[11:12 AM]  Frank Northmead: I hear caht going on still
[11:12 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: It just swallowed one of my bits of chat
[11:13 AM]  Caro Fayray: think im still here
[11:13 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: We hit some major lag there for a moment
[11:13 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: weird my viewer froze for long time and then kicked
[11:13 AM]  Caro Fayray: mm...lots of crashes
[11:13 AM]  Frank Northmead: interesting, lbsa did this earlier today, it didn't kick everyone just some.
[11:13 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: question, think it can only be done with sensors. are there opther lsl command to read uuid from remote NOT linked prim ? lsl collision dont work on llsetpos
[11:13 AM]  logger sewell: thrid times the charm
[11:13 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: I didn't get kicked but things locked up
[11:13 AM]  logger sewell: hey all
[11:13 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: for a while.
[11:14 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: hey logger. wb
[11:14 AM]  xstorm Radek: no that was not a crash
[11:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: viewer totally poofed away on me
[11:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: just disappeared
[11:14 AM]  Caro Fayray: wb everyone:)
[11:14 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: What happened Nebadon? I thought we had crashed there for a moment
[11:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: dunno
[11:14 AM]  VivK Lowlag: suspect it's internet not the grid
[11:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: my viewer just poofed
[11:14 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: well, my chat froze firts, then some time later started to look to viewer console. then while eolater "kick"
[11:15 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: sim didnt crash it doesnt seem
[11:15 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:15 AM]  xstorm Radek: i did see a very long not responding pop up
[11:15 AM]  Bruce.Patton I can'y move
[11:15 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: It just locked up on me, lost one of my chat messages that I said, then all was ok again
[11:15 AM]  Nalates Urriah: My Dolphin 3 did 'you been logged out'
[11:15 AM]  Bruce.Patton can't*
[11:15 AM]  Frank Northmead: about 1/2 of us got bumped
[11:15 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Internet burped
[11:15 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:15 AM]  Caro Fayray: am sitting very still
[11:15 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[11:15 AM]  Frank Northmead: Hello Dahlia
[11:15 AM]  BlueWall Slade: the NSA
[11:15 AM]  VivK Lowlag: hi Dahlia
[11:15 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:15 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Hi Dashlia
[11:15 AM]  Bruce.Patton wb all that poofed earlier
[11:15 AM]  BlueWall Slade: err, Dahlia
[11:16 AM]  xstorm Radek: i blame Andrew he is a spy from LL lol joking
[11:16 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: another spy?
[11:16 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: Nah xstorm, the need all lindend to set mainland for sale...
[11:16 AM]  BlueWall Slade: lol Dahlia
[11:17 AM]  xstorm Radek: oh please do not even start me on that one
[11:17 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: -
[11:18 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: xstorm ;-)
[11:18 AM]  Taarna Welles: Is Justin on holiday?
[11:18 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya I think he might be
[11:18 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: He did mention he would be
[11:18 AM]  Taarna Welles: Ah nice
[11:19 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hope he's forbidden to gtake any pc with him :) he works hard
[11:19 AM]  Taarna Welles: Very tiny Iphone maybe :)
[11:19 AM]  logger sewell: now would any of us leave the laptop behind :)
[11:19 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: virtual one, and then disable scripts
[11:19 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hes probably just sleeping for a whole week
[11:19 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:20 AM]  xstorm Radek: when for years we had Leo linden guy linden and dee helping us with the mainland regions we own then to have support take over and tell us we no longer own mainland that we only can rent it with no support
[11:20 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: the laptop i have is not usefull for much. so yes
[11:20 AM]  xstorm Radek: that was a damn slap in the face for all our old groups
[11:20 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: cant own mainland?
[11:20 AM]  xstorm Radek: nope
[11:21 AM]  xstorm Radek: not any more
[11:21 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I own some
[11:21 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: logger: The only piece of technology I would take on vacation with me was a shortwave radio
[11:21 AM]  xstorm Radek: no you rent it lol
[11:21 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: so you can get anmore estate right on full mainland sm ?
[11:21 AM]  logger sewell: lol i have a cell
[11:21 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: well nothing changed from when I used to "own" it
[11:21 AM]  Mojono Carver: hi love
[11:21 AM]  xstorm Radek: thats what they told us back in 2009
[11:21 AM]  Anne Carver: hi mein schatz
[11:22 AM]  Taarna Welles: Ah love is in the air :)
[11:22 AM]  xstorm Radek: the great ontyne support
[11:22 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: drop mainland, go opensim
[11:22 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I have opensim too :)
[11:23 AM]  xstorm Radek: so we closed down 6 mainland full regions and sold off some and left to run our own servers
[11:23 AM]  xstorm Radek: then they try to bill us lol
[11:24 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i wish we did have option for liniar scripting. just like good old basic. then you know when something is doing it. and ypou know it happens.
[11:24 AM]  logger sewell: I got rid of all my mainland sims when they shut down gambling
[11:24 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: ya I think if you dont end your group donation they still charge you even if the group has no land
[11:25 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: with billing the love to nail you
[11:25 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I noticed that some work was done in the grid manager
[11:25 AM]  BlueWall Slade: not sure if they are removing or adding stuff
[11:25 AM]  xstorm Radek: oh we closed down all the groups so around 1000 users pulled out of sl do to that support person
[11:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: in the LL viewer?
[11:25 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, wich viewer ? or do you mean opensim ?
[11:25 AM]  BlueWall Slade: but the map-server-url is still in there
[11:25 AM]  BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:26 AM]  BlueWall Slade: remember Oz saying he was working on some related bug to the -loginuri?
[11:26 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:26 AM]  xstorm Radek: some one is working on a opensim only viewer
[11:26 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: though at that point I didnt actually beleive him
[11:26 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:26 AM]  BlueWall Slade: his recent commits are fiddling with some of the grid manger
[11:26 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: related bug?
[11:26 AM]  BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:27 AM]  xstorm Radek: the viewer i have been testing is Teapot
[11:27 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I did try to connecting to my dev grid with it and ended up in SL
[11:27 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: eeew
[11:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol BlueWall
[11:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Dan Banner actually used a hex editor
[11:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: and was able to hack the LL viewer to log into osgrid
[11:28 AM]  Sarah Kline: Did I hear Dan say he'd fixed it already?
[11:28 AM]  BlueWall Slade: their region crossings are almost smooth as ours
[11:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the URL is hard coded in the .exe
[11:28 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:28 AM]  Sarah Kline: lol
[11:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you can change it with a hex editor
[11:28 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i dont see much improvements with region borders in sl
[11:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hardly an ideal thing to do though
[11:28 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Teapot will work
[11:28 AM]  BlueWall Slade: that is probably what we will need to work oof of
[11:28 AM]  xstorm Radek: Neb omg ssssshhhhhh i told people last year that LL had a leak with the inventory system
[11:28 AM]  BlueWall Slade: off of**
[11:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol xstorm
[11:29 AM]  BlueWall Slade: heh, inventory in SL
[11:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: well I don't know if your aware or not
[11:29 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I had to wear an item before I could rez it
[11:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but LL basically just killed support for OpenSim in their viewer
[11:29 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i saw the blog.. (and some smoke)
[11:29 AM]  logger sewell: yes but it will force us to get one just for open sim
[11:29 AM]  Nalates Urriah:
[11:29 AM]  xstorm Radek: yes they did and i know they was going to do that
[11:30 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I'm more upset that i cant use gridproxy than not being able to log in to opensim with LL viewer
[11:30 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I dont use LL viewer for opensim anyway
[11:30 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: if not so many people i like to see sometimes where there it where more easy to say <PUH, and bye>
[11:30 AM]  Sarah Kline: The TPV's are going to be asked to do the same thing though
[11:30 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: well i used the SL3 LL one for video. it can do good withouyt buttons
[11:30 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: but I do use gridproxy in SL to move my chat to another window that I can see
[11:31 AM]  BlueWall Slade: well, the support is being removed from the codebase, so they will have to fork to keep it
[11:31 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Sarah, only those that want to use the havok library.
[11:31 AM]  Sarah Kline: yes
[11:31 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Dahlia, gridproxy doesn't work there now?
[11:31 AM]  xstorm Radek: and this is why i do not use the LL viewer on opensim plus they have a bug in the viewer that posts dirty calls to the database
[11:31 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Gridproxy requires loginuri
[11:31 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if your using the stock LL viewer
[11:31 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: it works with production viewer
[11:32 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: well, what happens if you write a hostname reroute in your hosts file. think it still works on opensim then.
[11:32 AM]  xstorm Radek: tisk tisk you hacker lol
[11:32 AM]  BlueWall Slade: could you use nat and reroute your ip destined to LL to GridProxy?
[11:32 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: ya thought of that
[11:32 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: only, then you cannot login in sl :O
[11:32 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you could just use hex editor
[11:32 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: like Dan did
[11:32 AM]  xstorm Radek: lol
[11:32 AM]  Frank Northmead: the point being average users cant/wont do those things.
[11:33 AM]  BlueWall Slade: yeah, not an option
[11:33 AM]  xstorm Radek: ok you all are going to give us all a bad name
[11:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: right, though i highly doubt the average user is using libomv grid proxy
[11:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:33 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: anyway, i dont go update the SL3 viewer. oh i need it in opensim to upload mesh. until a good firestom comes
[11:33 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I can do a host reroute and then give gridproxy a IP I guess
[11:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i dont think a DNS host change would work
[11:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: because grid proxy needs to resolve that URL
[11:34 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if your DNS is changed the proxy would just reroute back to itself
[11:34 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: no, give it a ip
[11:34 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: put an entry in the computers hosts file
[11:34 AM]  xstorm Radek: please do not true LL Viewer it has some very big problems that will in time hurt the opensim database
[11:34 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: thats what i say andrew. but you have maby betetr idea
[11:34 AM]  xstorm Radek: trust
[11:34 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: how so?
[11:34 AM]  BlueWall Slade: what kind of issue xstorm?
[11:34 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: why would it hurt ?
[11:34 AM]  BlueWall Slade: until a couple of weeks ago I used the LL beta
[11:35 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: What TPV's will let you upload mesh to an OS based grid?
[11:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Zen does
[11:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Firestorm does
[11:35 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: all SL3 based ones
[11:35 AM]  xstorm Radek: bad calls on the UUID and leaks plus open port problems
[11:35 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: maby teapot can already upload mesh to. would be nice option then
[11:35 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: I'll be trying out Firestorm and Singularity later once I free up some disk space.
[11:35 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: you dont need the havok library to upload mesh to opensim because opensim doesnt use the decompisition part
[11:35 AM]  xstorm Radek: i do not know why they are no longer working as a team but i never seen errors made like that in the past
[11:35 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: <vision> running lindens around in office calling OMG OMG :)
[11:35 AM]  xstorm Radek: it looks more like code bashing
[11:37 AM]  BlueWall Slade: they used to run around here saying that
[11:37 AM]  BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:37 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i really hope firestorm fix the UI bug and bring a new one out soon
[11:38 AM]  xstorm Radek: they need to first fix the cache bug
[11:38 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: lol blue, if you see one doing that, make a photo
[11:38 AM]  xstorm Radek: LL viewer has had a cache bug for 5 years
[11:39 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: the cache bug is no a big bummer, just clear cache and relog. the UI bug is worse problem
[11:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: animated texture bug drives me nuts
[11:39 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: which UI bug?
[11:39 AM]  Sarah Kline: Riches UI bug
[11:39 AM]  xstorm Radek: dirty cache can move over to the UUID information on the database
[11:40 AM]  xstorm Radek: every prim holds linked data
[11:40 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: go into prferences with firestorm, increase UI size to lets say 1.30. and then to to edit LSL code or notecards. there's ajire.
[11:40 AM]  Richardus Raymaker:
[11:40 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: oh I dont use firestorm often
[11:40 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: well there more jira's about that
[11:40 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i cant use it because that here
[11:41 AM]  xstorm Radek: Neb ever seen some one remove scripts from a prim and the prim still acts like the scripts inside the prim ?
[11:41 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: Hard to write lsl code if your cursor is few charaters wrong placed
[11:42 AM]  VivK Lowlag: lay off the space bar
[11:42 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Teapot works pretty good. I found a couple of things that need fixing, but it works pretty good.
[11:42 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: BlueWall did anyone figure out the IM problem in Teapot yet?
[11:42 AM]  BlueWall Slade: especially OpenSim integration
[11:42 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: teapot is good, but is misisng the vector copy option i really need lots of times
[11:42 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Armin could use some help on it
[11:42 AM]  xstorm Radek: yes Teapot will get better
[11:43 AM]  Taarna Welles: What kind of help does he need Blue?
[11:43 AM]  Sarah Kline: Ok done that Richard
[11:43 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: other small problem bluewall, why is teapot loading bthe world so slow ?
[11:43 AM]  BlueWall Slade: he could probably use some dev help. People sending patches
[11:43 AM]  xstorm Radek: i do not think that teapot is using hypergrid right as of yet
[11:43 AM]  Sarah Kline: it seems fine to me
[11:43 AM]  BlueWall Slade: it loads fine for me
[11:43 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya I wish i could be more help
[11:44 AM]  xstorm Radek: plus it seems teapot can crash doing region crossings
[11:44 AM]  BlueWall Slade: its' the only V3 viewer I have tried that will play the media
[11:44 AM]  xstorm Radek: them are old sl bugs
[11:44 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Zen plays media ok for me
[11:44 AM]  Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.4 Dev          6ee17f5: 2012-07-26 21:39:53 -0400 (Unix/Mono)
[11:44 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: sarah, its getting worse if got more away from the left and top side
[11:45 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: xstorm, thats normal problem for all viewers, you crash after some simborders sometimes
[11:45 AM]  xstorm Radek: how did you get media to work neb what do i need im on a server and it never had media
[11:45 AM]  xstorm Radek: it tells me im missing plugs lol
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: what kind of media are you trying to do?
[11:46 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: teapot media seems to work fine for me on lbsa. as long you dnt use the qtmediakit
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: like Media on a Prim
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: or the old style Media URL?
[11:46 AM]  xstorm Radek: yes
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: well Media on a Prim is some what limited to what you can do
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if it requires Java or something
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its just not going to work
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Flash stuff should work ok
[11:46 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: most Javascript stuff should be ok
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: however
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: with flash
[11:47 AM]  xstorm Radek: well i do my own webpage so not a problem lol
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you need to make sure you have the Universal flash plugin
[11:47 AM]  BlueWall Slade: the ll webkit is pretty old, I thyink
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if your using Chrome browser
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it has its own Flash plugin
[11:47 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Armin has updated that in Teapot
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: thats not enough to make the LL viewer work
[11:47 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you need to download the IE/Firefox universal flash plugin
[11:47 AM]  xstorm Radek: i use crome on my server
[11:48 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Chrome has its own built in flash plugin
[11:48 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: that the LL viewer can not use
[11:48 AM]  xstorm Radek: do to my server links to my droid
[11:48 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: I have found doing the media stuff in linux though
[11:49 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: is not always straight forward at all
[11:49 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: basic HTML stuff should work fine though
[11:49 AM]  BlueWall Slade: most viewers are 32 bit, and you have to get 32 bit compatible versions of your libs and media support for them
[11:49 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: plugins get tricky
[11:50 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I just use 32 bit linux
[11:50 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the only real plugin I know for sure that the LL viewer supports is Flash
[11:50 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: even HTML5 support is spotty
[11:50 AM]  xstorm Radek: i do not even have flash on my server
[11:50 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: your using viewer on your server?
[11:50 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I think the html5 is the webkit version
[11:51 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: this is only on the machine running the viewer
[11:51 AM]  xstorm Radek: yes i use the viewer on my server
[11:51 AM]  xstorm Radek: my PC is my android lol
[11:51 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ok well not having flash installed could be part of your problem
[11:51 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if stuff your loading uses flash that is
[11:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but if stuff is using java or other obscure plugins
[11:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it just wont load in the LL viewer media on a prim stuff
[11:52 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: java doesnt work on MOAP?
[11:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: javascript does
[11:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i dunno about native java stuff
[11:52 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i suspect not
[11:53 AM]  xstorm Radek: im using teapot on my server i will not risk the LL viewer on my server it is too buggy
[11:53 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: Id be surprised if webkit couldnt do java
[11:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: im sure webkit can
[11:53 AM]  BlueWall Slade: the viewer has a media plugin framework too
[11:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: im just not sure the viewer can
[11:53 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I don't know what uses it though
[11:53 AM]  BlueWall Slade: other than the things that come with the viewer
[11:53 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i guess it depends on the app too
[11:54 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: a lot of java apps pop out from viewer
[11:54 AM]  xstorm Radek: pop ?
[11:54 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: probably "webstart" apps
[11:54 AM]  xstorm Radek: will i need a ip address or a straw ?
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: plus a lot of java apps require you to authorize the app etc..
[11:55 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: this days viewers use lucky more the externalbrowsers
[11:55 AM]  xstorm Radek: ;)
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: im just not sure how well that kind of stuff would actually work in the MOAP environment
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i have tried using pop out stuff with flash on Moap
[11:55 AM]  Nalates Urriah: have to run. Bye all
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: what happens is it pops it out of the viewer into firefox
[11:55 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: sarah, wich firestorm version do you use /
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: or whatever your default web browser is
[11:55 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: bye
[11:55 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: bye nalates
[11:55 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: see you Nalates
[11:55 AM]  BlueWall Slade: hehe, MOAP rez prims for popup windows
[11:56 AM]  xstorm Radek: bye ooppsss he is gone
[11:56 AM]  BlueWall Slade: byt nalates
[11:56 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: lol, really bluewall ?
[11:56 AM]  BlueWall Slade: no
[11:56 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: thats terrible
[11:56 AM]  BlueWall Slade: what just sayin
[11:56 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: ok. hehe, well i would not suprissed if the did
[11:56 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:56 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I have had javascript create dialogs in MOAP and that works
[11:56 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:57 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Javascript should not be a problem
[11:57 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: that does not require plugins
[11:57 AM]  xstorm Radek: Blue what are you doing to prims and remember this is a pg region lol
[11:57 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its native to webkit
[11:57 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: as most web browsers
[11:57 AM]  BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:57 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I guess the viewer should allow browser plugins in the media plugin framework
[11:57 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but with stuff like flash, the viewer actually has to detect flash is installed on the machine to work
[11:58 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it does not rely on webkit to do that
[11:58 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: so the viewer is likely to limit what plugins are safe
[11:58 AM]  BlueWall Slade: yeah
[11:58 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i suspect Java is not considered safe
[11:58 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:58 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I doubt it would wreck things in-world
[11:58 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: its probably difficult to get any plugin to work because it has to do tricks to get the graphics into opengl
[11:58 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: no i doubt that either
[11:58 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: in doubt if flash is safer then java
[11:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it could just create griefing type stuff for people using the viewer
[11:59 AM]  xstorm Radek: like i did say the viewer for opensim needs just to be made for opensim only no SL viewer look a like
[11:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: I dunno Richardus
[11:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Flash is probably a little safer
[11:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its just Actionscript
[11:59 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Java is way more capable than flash
[12:00 PM]  BlueWall Slade: yeah, I guess it could get at OS things if it's not sandboxed too well
[12:00 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: right
[12:01 PM]  Tiffany Magic: Nebadon?
[12:01 PM]  xstorm Radek: what ever viewer we use on opensim it needs to be safer when looking up things like the UUID on the database
[12:01 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: I remember trying to use a Java emulator for NES or something
[12:01 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: to see if i could make that work on MOAP
[12:01 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: and it wouldnt load
[12:01 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: was trying to play video games on a prim
[12:01 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:01 PM]  BlueWall Slade: haa
[12:01 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: lol
[12:01 PM]  xstorm Radek: did it work ?
[12:01 PM]  BlueWall Slade: 3rd Life?
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: no it did not work
[12:02 PM]  xstorm Radek: hhhmm a shame
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: the best I did was a flash based C64 emulator
[12:02 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: I wanted to get unity to work in MOAP but it didnt work :(
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: but it was real basic
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: you couldnt do much
[12:02 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: was trying to get my viewer to work in MOAP lol
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:02 PM]  xstorm Radek: well thats a start
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: Armin got Cloud Party working on a prim
[12:02 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: lol
[12:02 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: but he had to hack webkit a bit
[12:03 PM]  xstorm Radek: baby steps leads to worlds
[12:03 PM]  Richardus Raymaker: oh, then we finlay dont need to leave opensim
[12:03 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: cloud party belongs on a prim ;)
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: I think you can download the current Teapot
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: and load WebGL stuff
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: dont quote me on that though
[12:03 PM]  Sarah Kline: lol thats funny
[12:03 PM]  xstorm Radek: ?
[12:03 PM]  Dahlia Trimble: bye all :)
[12:03 PM]  xstorm Radek: i will look
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: you can load WebGL stuff into MOAP
[12:03 PM]  Sarah Kline: bye Dahlia
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: with Teapot
[12:03 PM]  Taarna Welles: Bye Dahlia
[12:03 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: i think
[12:04 PM]  VivK Lowlag: bye Dahlia
[12:04 PM]  BlueWall Slade: Bye Dahlia
[12:04 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: see you dahlia
[12:04 PM]  Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[12:04 PM]  Nebadon Izumi: does anyone have a full copy of todays meeting transcript?
[12:04 PM]  Bruce.Patton bye Dahlia
Personal tools
About This Wiki