Chat log from the meeting on 2011-10-25

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre> [10:22] Nalates Urriah: . [10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: . [10:22] Gennifer Eros: . [10:22] Gennifer Eros: :) [10:22] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev ...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<pre>
 
<pre>
 
[10:22] Nalates Urriah: .
 
[10:22] Nalates Urriah: .
 
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: .
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: .
 
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: .
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: .
 
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: :)
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: :)
 
 
[10:22] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          c2272a7: 2011-10-22 13:17:07 -0400 (Unix/Mono)
 
[10:22] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          c2272a7: 2011-10-22 13:17:07 -0400 (Unix/Mono)
 
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: :)
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: :)
 
 
[10:22] Nalates Urriah: Thought I got kicked :)
 
[10:22] Nalates Urriah: Thought I got kicked :)
 
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: naaaa
 
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: naaaa
 
 
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ok back sorry about that
 
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ok back sorry about that
 
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: Thats why I stand, if I cant walk I have crashed lol
 
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: Thats why I stand, if I cant walk I have crashed lol
 
 
[10:23] Dutchy Daredevil: wb Neb
 
[10:23] Dutchy Daredevil: wb Neb
 
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: so BlueWall, i recall Dan Banner saying something about being able to edit something in part of the viewer xml
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: so BlueWall, i recall Dan Banner saying something about being able to edit something in part of the viewer xml
 
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: to allow the web profile change to be more permanant
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: to allow the web profile change to be more permanant
 
 
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: or just a simple freeze
 
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: or just a simple freeze
 
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: but i am not really sure
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: but i am not really sure
 
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: i never tried to do it
 
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: i never tried to do it
 
 
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: I should talk to him
 
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: I should talk to him
 
 
[10:24] VivK Lowlag: he did say so Neb
 
[10:24] VivK Lowlag: he did say so Neb
 
 
[10:24] BlueWall Slade: there is a grid.xml
 
[10:24] BlueWall Slade: there is a grid.xml
 
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok i found it
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok i found it
 
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: Settings.xml
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: Settings.xml
 
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: <key>WebProfileNonProductionURL</key>
 
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: <key>WebProfileNonProductionURL</key>
 
 
  <map>
 
  <map>
 
 
  <key>Comment</key>
 
  <key>Comment</key>
 
 
  <string>URL for Web Profiles on Non-Production grids</string>
 
  <string>URL for Web Profiles on Non-Production grids</string>
 
 
  <key>Persist</key>
 
  <key>Persist</key>
 
 
  <integer>0</integer>
 
  <integer>0</integer>
 
 
  <key>Type</key>
 
  <key>Type</key>
 
 
  <string>String</string>
 
  <string>String</string>
 
 
  <key>Value</key>
 
  <key>Value</key>
 
 
  <string>https://my-demo.secondlife.com/[AGENT_NAME]</string>
 
  <string>https://my-demo.secondlife.com/[AGENT_NAME]</string>
 
 
  </map>
 
  </map>
 
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: of course you can only do it for 1 grid
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: of course you can only do it for 1 grid
 
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: but its a start
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: but its a start
 
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: and shows that it is exposed at some level
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: and shows that it is exposed at some level
 
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: so the TPVs should have no problem variableizing it into the grid manager
 
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: so the TPVs should have no problem variableizing it into the grid manager
 
 
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: the string is not linked at the uti you can give in shortcuts ?
 
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: the string is not linked at the uti you can give in shortcuts ?
 
 
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: hmm we loose justin?
 
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: hmm we loose justin?
 
 
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: uri
 
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: uri
 
 
[10:27] BlueWall Slade: if they accept that, then it will work like the map
 
[10:27] BlueWall Slade: if they accept that, then it will work like the map
 
 
[10:27] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back justin
 
[10:27] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back justin
 
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ah there he is
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ah there he is
 
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: my connection terminated for some reason
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: my connection terminated for some reason
 
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: on SL3.1 justin ?
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: on SL3.1 justin ?
 
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back :)
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back :)
 
 
[10:27] Spike Miles: wb :)
 
[10:27] Spike Miles: wb :)
 
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: 3.03
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: 3.03
 
 
[10:27] Dutchy Daredevil: WB justin cc
 
[10:27] Dutchy Daredevil: WB justin cc
 
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: oh no, I am on 3.1 on this machine
 
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: oh no, I am on 3.1 on this machine
 
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya it happens sometimes
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya it happens sometimes
 
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: hmm that one where stable. until LL pushed it without question to 3.1
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: hmm that one where stable. until LL pushed it without question to 3.1
 
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i did forget to restart the sim today
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i did forget to restart the sim today
 
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: its been running since saturday
 
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: its been running since saturday
 
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: 3.1 is really bad
 
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: 3.1 is really bad
 
 
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: happy you did not do it nebadon. not needed
 
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: happy you did not do it nebadon. not needed
 
 
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya memory is a bit high
 
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya memory is a bit high
 
 
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: but seems to be running ok at the moment
 
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: but seems to be running ok at the moment
 
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: be nice to get a handle on the leaks
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: be nice to get a handle on the leaks
 
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: but hey atleast were able to go several days without explosions
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: but hey atleast were able to go several days without explosions
 
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: especially this region
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: especially this region
 
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: it gets a lot of traffic
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: it gets a lot of traffic
 
 
[10:29] Gennifer Eros: Yes it does
 
[10:29] Gennifer Eros: Yes it does
 
 
[10:29] Richardus Raymaker: hmm more then lbsa ?
 
[10:29] Richardus Raymaker: hmm more then lbsa ?
 
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say
 
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: probably not more than lbsa
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: probably not more than lbsa
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but this region has 10 times the prims and scripts
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but this region has 10 times the prims and scripts
 
 
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: I would say so yes rich
 
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: I would say so yes rich
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: so every avatar has much more impact here
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: so every avatar has much more impact here
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: than at lbsa
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: than at lbsa
 
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: well the both get much traffic
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: well the both get much traffic
 
 
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: A hell of a lot of new players land here
 
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: A hell of a lot of new players land here
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: plus lbsa has no neighbors really
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: plus lbsa has no neighbors really
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: just some empty voids
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: just some empty voids
 
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: strange. i have the idea the land at lbsa ?
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: strange. i have the idea the land at lbsa ?
 
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: that takes a lot of pressure off of Lbsa
 
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: that takes a lot of pressure off of Lbsa
 
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: its correct you lost 2 neighborns here ?
 
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: its correct you lost 2 neighborns here ?
 
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: well just 1 really
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: well just 1 really
 
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: sisyphus is my region
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: sisyphus is my region
 
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: it used to be on the other side where cameo is
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: it used to be on the other side where cameo is
 
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i traded with paulie after i kicked the other guy out
 
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i traded with paulie after i kicked the other guy out
 
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: strange, for me on minimap N & S are void
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: strange, for me on minimap N & S are void
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: v2/v3 viewer?
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: v2/v3 viewer?
 
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: 1.4b2
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: 1.4b2
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: oh no imprudence
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: oh no imprudence
 
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: SL3 not stable to use it. otherwise i did
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: SL3 not stable to use it. otherwise i did
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i see the map normally
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i see the map normally
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: 3DH is just white
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: 3DH is just white
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: probably cause melanie doesnt have map configured correctly or something
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: probably cause melanie doesnt have map configured correctly or something
 
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: everything else looks solid though
 
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: everything else looks solid though
 
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: hehe
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: hehe
 
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: ohh wait. =odsler imprudence. need to check my shortcuts
 
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: ohh wait. =odsler imprudence. need to check my shortcuts
 
 
[10:33] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dahlia
 
[10:33] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dahlia
 
 
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: well, sound keeped working. so i can try 1.4b2
 
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: well, sound keeped working. so i can try 1.4b2
 
 
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
 
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
 
 
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: hi
 
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: hi
 
 
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hello Dahlia
 
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hello Dahlia
 
 
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya maybe a cache issue or something
 
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya maybe a cache issue or something
 
 
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hi Mic
 
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hi Mic
 
 
[10:33] Mic Bowman: hi all
 
[10:33] Mic Bowman: hi all
 
 
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: oh hey Mic how is it going
 
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: oh hey Mic how is it going
 
 
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: brb
 
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: brb
 
 
[10:34] Spike Miles: hiya Mic
 
[10:34] Spike Miles: hiya Mic
 
 
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Mic
 
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Mic
 
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i saw your video on MSNBC that diva posted last night
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i saw your video on MSNBC that diva posted last night
 
 
[10:34] Gennifer Eros: Hello mic
 
[10:34] Gennifer Eros: Hello mic
 
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: very cool for sure
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: very cool for sure
 
 
[10:34] Mic Bowman: hope i didn't say anything stupid
 
[10:34] Mic Bowman: hope i didn't say anything stupid
 
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43384144/vp/44991914#VpFlash
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43384144/vp/44991914#VpFlash
 
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: its about the disaster simulation
 
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: its about the disaster simulation
 
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of disasters is anyone here logged in with the v3 viewer at the moment
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of disasters is anyone here logged in with the v3 viewer at the moment
 
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: you are right Justin?
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: you are right Justin?
 
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: does the couch look ok?
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: does the couch look ok?
 
 
[10:35] Gennifer Eros: Nope
 
[10:35] Gennifer Eros: Nope
 
 
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: yes 3.1.0
 
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: yes 3.1.0
 
 
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: couch looks fine
 
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: couch looks fine
 
 
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: thats better, only 1 void.
 
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: thats better, only 1 void.
 
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i finally got around to replacing it with the v3 version that doesnt use beyond 95% hollows
 
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i finally got around to replacing it with the v3 version that doesnt use beyond 95% hollows
 
 
[10:35] Sarah Kline: couch is ok this week to me lol
 
[10:35] Sarah Kline: couch is ok this week to me lol
 
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: is there already a new 3.1 ?
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: is there already a new 3.1 ?
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: cool
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: cool
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: there is a developer version Richardus
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: there is a developer version Richardus
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: it has the new User Interface too
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: it has the new User Interface too
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not more side bar
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not more side bar
 
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: LL pushed me from 3.03 to 3.1 but that crash. so waiting for a newer one to test
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: LL pushed me from 3.03 to 3.1 but that crash. so waiting for a newer one to test
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not=no
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not=no
 
 
[10:36] Dutchy Daredevil: Firestorm 3.0.1 (22566) Sep 11 2011 13:22:35 (Firestorm-Beta-Mesh)
 
[10:36] Dutchy Daredevil: Firestorm 3.0.1 (22566) Sep 11 2011 13:22:35 (Firestorm-Beta-Mesh)
 
 
[10:36] Nalates Urriah: I have a 3.2.1 that crashes every 3rd or 4th tp
 
[10:36] Nalates Urriah: I have a 3.2.1 that crashes every 3rd or 4th tp
 
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: oh ? i used a skin for SL3.1
 
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: oh ? i used a skin for SL3.1
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya i noticed that too Nalates
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya i noticed that too Nalates
 
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: Teleporting seems almost impossible on 3.2
 
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: Teleporting seems almost impossible on 3.2
 
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i hope thats a viewer bug
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i hope thats a viewer bug
 
 
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: i crahs when you double click on map in 3.1 many times
 
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: i crahs when you double click on map in 3.1 many times
 
 
[10:37] Nalates Urriah: It is. I think Runitai talked about it
 
[10:37] Nalates Urriah: It is. I think Runitai talked about it
 
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
 
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i wasnt getting to panic'd just yet being it is in developer status still
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i wasnt getting to panic'd just yet being it is in developer status still
 
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: downloading 3.2
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: downloading 3.2
 
 
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i do like the no Interface so far
 
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i do like the no Interface so far
 
 
[10:38] Unknown User: it looks the same to me in both viewers
 
[10:38] Unknown User: it looks the same to me in both viewers
 
 
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i just wish they would go back to the old style media controllers
 
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i just wish they would go back to the old style media controllers
 
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: shame it seems its a bit useless to install more sl viewers. the interfere with upgrades
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: shame it seems its a bit useless to install more sl viewers. the interfere with upgrades
 
 
[10:38] Nalates Urriah: There are some project viewers that are hard to find. I linked to them from my blog
 
[10:38] Nalates Urriah: There are some project viewers that are hard to find. I linked to them from my blog
 
 
[10:38] Unknown User: I have music in it :)
 
[10:38] Unknown User: I have music in it :)
 
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: no sidebar is good. thats just waht made it bad
 
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: no sidebar is good. thats just waht made it bad
 
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya the media controls work i just hate the new ones
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya the media controls work i just hate the new ones
 
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: its so confusing
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: its so confusing
 
 
[10:39] Unknown User: it is hard to find things
 
[10:39] Unknown User: it is hard to find things
 
 
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: that to, and the autoplay. so now disabled streaming complete
 
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: that to, and the autoplay. so now disabled streaming complete
 
 
[10:39] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/davep_gl-development/latest.html
 
[10:39] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/davep_gl-development/latest.html
 
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: anyone who thinks the new style media controllers is easier than v1's is insane
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: anyone who thinks the new style media controllers is easier than v1's is insane
 
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: llol
 
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: llol
 
 
[10:39] Unknown User: Dahlia - you were driving Sydney arround earlier?
 
[10:39] Unknown User: Dahlia - you were driving Sydney arround earlier?
 
 
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: i have 243350
 
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: i have 243350
 
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: ya Sydney was here  
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: ya Sydney was here  
 
 
[10:40] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-development/rev/243698/index.html
 
[10:40] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-development/rev/243698/index.html
 
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: isn mesh-developmet branch dead?
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: isn mesh-developmet branch dead?
 
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: Ive been having video driver problems  
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: Ive been having video driver problems  
 
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: hmm guess not
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: hmm guess not
 
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: not fun to have driver problems when programming opengl lol
 
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: not fun to have driver problems when programming opengl lol
 
 
[10:40] Unknown User: noooooo, lol
 
[10:40] Unknown User: noooooo, lol
 
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i swore they said that branch wasnt going to be used anymore
 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i swore they said that branch wasnt going to be used anymore
 
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i bet Dahlia
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i bet Dahlia
 
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: i have always felt bad for LL in that regard
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: i have always felt bad for LL in that regard
 
 
[10:41] Nalates Urriah: I'm not sure. I have not been trying to down load the mesh project viewer. I think it has merged. The Snowstorm project consistently updates.
 
[10:41] Nalates Urriah: I'm not sure. I have not been trying to down load the mesh project viewer. I think it has merged. The Snowstorm project consistently updates.
 
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: it must be quite nightmarish for them
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: it must be quite nightmarish for them
 
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: when they run into driver issues
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: when they run into driver issues
 
 
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: windows update snuck in a nvidia driver and its an old one
 
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: windows update snuck in a nvidia driver and its an old one
 
 
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: then snuck a newer one in manual
 
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: then snuck a newer one in manual
 
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
 
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: ya its downloading
 
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: ya its downloading
 
 
[10:42] Mimetic Core: Thanks Nalates
 
[10:42] Mimetic Core: Thanks Nalates
 
 
[10:42] Gennifer Eros: Never EVEr let windows auto update, have it download then you choose
 
[10:42] Gennifer Eros: Never EVEr let windows auto update, have it download then you choose
 
 
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: i try the 243350 first
 
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: i try the 243350 first
 
 
[10:42] Nalates Urriah: Runitai is working OpenGL 3... So, they can get the nVidia 200 series and up working well.
 
[10:42] Nalates Urriah: Runitai is working OpenGL 3... So, they can get the nVidia 200 series and up working well.
 
 
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: yes, dont do that anyway. or you come back from bathroom with restarted ssytem
 
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: yes, dont do that anyway. or you come back from bathroom with restarted ssytem
 
 
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: it reset all my preferences so it messed up my firewall rules and set itself to auto-install again :(
 
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: it reset all my preferences so it messed up my firewall rules and set itself to auto-install again :(
 
 
[10:43] Unknown User: "Where do you want to go today?"
 
[10:43] Unknown User: "Where do you want to go today?"
 
 
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: uhh, the moved the buttons from right to left ?
 
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: uhh, the moved the buttons from right to left ?
 
 
[10:43] Unknown User: remember that one?
 
[10:43] Unknown User: remember that one?
 
 
[10:43] Nalates Urriah: I am so hoping that Kirsten's project gets funded.
 
[10:43] Nalates Urriah: I am so hoping that Kirsten's project gets funded.
 
 
[10:43] Gennifer Eros: I never allow auto updates
 
[10:43] Gennifer Eros: I never allow auto updates
 
 
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: "Just to my desktop" lol
 
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: "Just to my desktop" lol
 
 
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: 25,000 USD is a lot of money all at once
 
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: 25,000 USD is a lot of money all at once
 
 
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: omg i hate that click and walk default
 
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: omg i hate that click and walk default
 
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25,000 for what ?
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25,000 for what ?
 
 
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon. i dont see option to choice skin.
 
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon. i dont see option to choice skin.
 
 
[10:44] Unknown User: yow!!!
 
[10:44] Unknown User: yow!!!
 
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: Kirstens is 45000$ USD
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: Kirstens is 45000$ USD
 
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25000 Euros or something
 
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25000 Euros or something
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: but hey if they can raise it
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: but hey if they can raise it
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: that would be good for sure
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: that would be good for sure
 
 
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: anyway 3.2 looks a bit better
 
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: anyway 3.2 looks a bit better
 
 
[10:45] Nalates Urriah: Yeah... I keep pushing it. I've made prim links for use in SL.
 
[10:45] Nalates Urriah: Yeah... I keep pushing it. I've made prim links for use in SL.
 
 
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: ah. for me its in GBP
 
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: ah. for me its in GBP
 
 
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: thatr makes sense
 
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: thatr makes sense
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: ah right GBP
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: ah right GBP
 
 
[10:45] Dahlia Trimble: prim links?
 
[10:45] Dahlia Trimble: prim links?
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i knew it wasnt USD
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i knew it wasnt USD
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
 
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: now people need to relearn the interface again. lol
 
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: now people need to relearn the interface again. lol
 
 
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: lol
 
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: lol
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: heh the new interface is pretty nice
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: heh the new interface is pretty nice
 
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: so far
 
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: so far
 
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can move the buttons around
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can move the buttons around
 
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: rename em
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: rename em
 
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: add more buttons, remove buttons
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: add more buttons, remove buttons
 
 
[10:46] Unknown User: driving the avatar with the mouse is pretty awkward now though
 
[10:46] Unknown User: driving the avatar with the mouse is pretty awkward now though
 
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: well you dont have to though BlueWall
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: well you dont have to though BlueWall
 
 
[10:46] Sarah Kline: like firestorm
 
[10:46] Sarah Kline: like firestorm
 
 
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Hello sim
 
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Hello sim
 
 
[10:46] Nalates Urriah: The new SL UI is a minor change. The sidebar is now floaters so its not bad. I adapted in a few minutes.
 
[10:46] Nalates Urriah: The new SL UI is a minor change. The sidebar is now floaters so its not bad. I adapted in a few minutes.
 
 
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: how to move. i saw once a thing but then failed
 
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: how to move. i saw once a thing but then failed
 
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can still move around like before
 
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can still move around like before
 
 
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: i know. need to find the disable option back again. lol
 
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: i know. need to find the disable option back again. lol
 
 
[10:47] Unknown User: yeah
 
[10:47] Unknown User: yeah
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: I guess they are trying to capture a different crowd by adding that method though
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: I guess they are trying to capture a different crowd by adding that method though
 
 
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: I like the new UI
 
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: I like the new UI
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: people used to playing Sims and other mmorpg style games
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: people used to playing Sims and other mmorpg style games
 
 
[10:47] Unknown User: I usually use the mouse to steer
 
[10:47] Unknown User: I usually use the mouse to steer
 
 
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: needs some work tho
 
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: needs some work tho
 
 
[10:47] Nalates Urriah: You have to set the single and double click settings. I mouse steer so I thought the thing was broken. But, just a setting.
 
[10:47] Nalates Urriah: You have to set the single and double click settings. I mouse steer so I thought the thing was broken. But, just a setting.
 
 
[10:47] Sarah Kline: maybe to use on touchpads
 
[10:47] Sarah Kline: maybe to use on touchpads
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya I hope they have more to do still
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya I hope they have more to do still
 
 
[10:47] Sarah Kline: in future
 
[10:47] Sarah Kline: in future
 
 
[10:47] Unknown User: ohhh, cool
 
[10:47] Unknown User: ohhh, cool
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya i suppose thats possible
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya i suppose thats possible
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: the rest of the interface would be a major problem though
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: the rest of the interface would be a major problem though
 
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
 
[10:48] Sarah Kline: ^^
 
[10:48] Sarah Kline: ^^
 
 
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: anyway, the way it looks now i preffer SL above firestorm
 
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: anyway, the way it looks now i preffer SL above firestorm
 
 
[10:48] Nalates Urriah: I think they'll try for the iPhone and tablet users.
 
[10:48] Nalates Urriah: I think they'll try for the iPhone and tablet users.
 
 
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: lol. 1FPS
 
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: lol. 1FPS
 
 
[10:48] Unknown User: I have to see if I can get it to build here
 
[10:48] Unknown User: I have to see if I can get it to build here
 
 
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats the only bad part about the new LL UI
 
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats the only bad part about the new LL UI
 
 
[10:48] Unknown User: looks like a monster
 
[10:48] Unknown User: looks like a monster
 
 
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: i have a feeling the TPVs will have wasted a lot of time
 
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: i have a feeling the TPVs will have wasted a lot of time
 
 
[10:48] Sarah Kline: well as long as everybody gets mesh enabled its all cool
 
[10:48] Sarah Kline: well as long as everybody gets mesh enabled its all cool
 
 
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: this one is really good.
 
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: this one is really good.
 
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: but who knows maybe the work they did do is what influenced LL to change
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: but who knows maybe the work they did do is what influenced LL to change
 
 
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: the rate of viewer change does seem to be putting a lot of pressure on tpvs atm
 
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: the rate of viewer change does seem to be putting a lot of pressure on tpvs atm
 
 
[10:49] Juicy Babii: not as bad as trying to move about in BlueMars
 
[10:49] Juicy Babii: not as bad as trying to move about in BlueMars
 
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
 
 
[10:49] Nalates Urriah: The nVisia OpenGL thing is a big road block for TPV's
 
[10:49] Nalates Urriah: The nVisia OpenGL thing is a big road block for TPV's
 
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: LL did do a pretty good job
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: LL did do a pretty good job
 
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: compared to say Bluemars
 
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: compared to say Bluemars
 
 
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: do you have much problem swith it in OSG nebadon ?
 
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: do you have much problem swith it in OSG nebadon ?
 
 
[10:49] Unknown User: it will probably take some work to make everything work here too
 
[10:49] Unknown User: it will probably take some work to make everything work here too
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: I have not used it a whole lot Richardus
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: I have not used it a whole lot Richardus
 
 
[10:50] Dahlia Trimble: nvidia opengl thing?
 
[10:50] Dahlia Trimble: nvidia opengl thing?
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but it worked pretty well for me
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but it worked pretty well for me
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: only problem i had was teleports
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: only problem i had was teleports
 
 
[10:50] Unknown User: that profile app is a killer
 
[10:50] Unknown User: that profile app is a killer
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: they tend to crash like 75% of the time or more
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: they tend to crash like 75% of the time or more
 
 
[10:50] Nalates Urriah: 1 sec Dahlai I'll get a link
 
[10:50] Nalates Urriah: 1 sec Dahlai I'll get a link
 
 
[10:50] sim core: :-S
 
[10:50] sim core: :-S
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but if what Nalates said was true
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but if what Nalates said was true
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: LL is aware its a problem
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: LL is aware its a problem
 
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: and acknowledged it
 
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: and acknowledged it
 
 
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: sl3.2 have a bit firefox style button config
 
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: sl3.2 have a bit firefox style button config
 
 
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: I think not being able to upload mesh is also an issue for tpvs?
 
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: I think not being able to upload mesh is also an issue for tpvs?
 
 
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i think that problem has been overcome
 
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i think that problem has been overcome
 
 
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i heard talk in the kokua irc channel that firestorm had it worked out
 
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i heard talk in the kokua irc channel that firestorm had it worked out
 
 
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble: I heard LL was using some vendor-specific opegl 3+ extenstions in the mesh code
 
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble: I heard LL was using some vendor-specific opegl 3+ extenstions in the mesh code
 
 
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: just hearsay tho
 
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: just hearsay tho
 
 
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: heh if they are that sounds like making alot more work for themselves
 
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: heh if they are that sounds like making alot more work for themselves
 
 
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: the opengl3 stuff is still very experimental
 
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: the opengl3 stuff is still very experimental
 
 
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: Dahlia, this is where it started: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/08/07/nvidia-driver-gtx-460-problems/
 
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: Dahlia, this is where it started: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/08/07/nvidia-driver-gtx-460-problems/
 
 
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: ty
 
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: ty
 
 
[10:53] sim core: :-)
 
[10:53] sim core: :-)
 
 
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: what i heard is alot of what LL uses now has been deprecated in OpenGL3
 
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: what i heard is alot of what LL uses now has been deprecated in OpenGL3
 
 
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: There was a change in some function in OpenGL that LL used. OpenGL depreciated it and LL didn't notice until things started crashing.
 
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: There was a change in some function in OpenGL that LL used. OpenGL depreciated it and LL didn't notice until things started crashing.
 
 
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: so they are scrambling to replace all the defunct functions they were using
 
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: so they are scrambling to replace all the defunct functions they were using
 
 
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/
 
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/
 
 
[10:54] Sarah Kline: the next release of firestorm will have mesh upload ...be interesting to see if it works
 
[10:54] Sarah Kline: the next release of firestorm will have mesh upload ...be interesting to see if it works
 
 
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: seems so, Neb
 
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: seems so, Neb
 
 
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: from what i heard in the Kokua channel from the devs
 
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: from what i heard in the Kokua channel from the devs
 
 
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: so what is this about an lsl client bridge on firestorm?
 
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: so what is this about an lsl client bridge on firestorm?
 
 
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: it does work
 
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: it does work
 
 
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: That has hung the TPV's too because it is render pipeline stuff.
 
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: That has hung the TPV's too because it is render pipeline stuff.
 
 
[10:54] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dutchy
 
[10:54] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dutchy
 
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: the LSL client bridge stems back to Emerald i think Justin
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: the LSL client bridge stems back to Emerald i think Justin
 
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i am not quite sure what it does
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i am not quite sure what it does
 
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i recall though it would leave a mess in sims
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i recall though it would leave a mess in sims
 
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: in the form of cubes everywhere
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: in the form of cubes everywhere
 
 
[10:55] Nalates Urriah: Justine, they have one. I think it started with Emerald. It is a pain as I go from viewer to viewer.
 
[10:55] Nalates Urriah: Justine, they have one. I think it started with Emerald. It is a pain as I go from viewer to viewer.
 
 
[10:55] Dahlia Trimble: oops Im using some depricated functions in my viewer lol
 
[10:55] Dahlia Trimble: oops Im using some depricated functions in my viewer lol
 
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
 
 
[10:55] sim core: (-: That'S why I use viewer 1.23 still)
 
[10:55] sim core: (-: That'S why I use viewer 1.23 still)
 
 
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: nalates: do you know what it's meant to do?
 
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: nalates: do you know what it's meant to do?
 
 
[10:56] Sarah Kline: one thing is for radar i think
 
[10:56] Sarah Kline: one thing is for radar i think
 
 
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: thats what i readed on list to nebadon
 
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: thats what i readed on list to nebadon
 
 
[10:56] Dutchy Daredevil: Ty Gennifer
 
[10:56] Dutchy Daredevil: Ty Gennifer
 
 
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: so it's like an auto-attachment which bridges the client and in-world?
 
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: so it's like an auto-attachment which bridges the client and in-world?
 
 
[10:56] Nalates Urriah: Not in detail, I think it startedas away to run scans and build a radar.
 
[10:56] Nalates Urriah: Not in detail, I think it startedas away to run scans and build a radar.
 
 
[10:56] Sarah Kline: other things lsl programming idk
 
[10:56] Sarah Kline: other things lsl programming idk
 
 
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bridge
 
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bridge
 
 
[10:57] Nalates Urriah: Then they advanced to add other features that needed in-world help.
 
[10:57] Nalates Urriah: Then they advanced to add other features that needed in-world help.
 
 
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it must be using some create facility that isn't implemented/properly implemented in opensim
 
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it must be using some create facility that isn't implemented/properly implemented in opensim
 
 
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: there you go Justin
 
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: there you go Justin
 
 
[10:57] Sarah Kline: yes its invisible and worn on avatar
 
[10:57] Sarah Kline: yes its invisible and worn on avatar
 
 
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. for now im happy with sl3.2 hope it works here to.
 
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. for now im happy with sl3.2 hope it works here to.
 
 
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: 3 TP no crash in sl
 
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: 3 TP no crash in sl
 
 
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: from that wiki, looks like a bit of an appendix
 
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: from that wiki, looks like a bit of an appendix
 
 
[10:57] sim core: :-J
 
[10:57] sim core: :-J
 
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: only documented as implementing doble vlick teleport
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: only documented as implementing doble vlick teleport
 
 
[10:58] Sarah Kline: lol
 
[10:58] Sarah Kline: lol
 
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: on regions which have forced ;landing spots
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: on regions which have forced ;landing spots
 
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya i am not quite sure what it does
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya i am not quite sure what it does
 
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: we have always recommended people disable it in OpenSIm
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: we have always recommended people disable it in OpenSIm
 
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: seems an awkward thing to have to do
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: seems an awkward thing to have to do
 
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well
 
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well
 
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya
 
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: for the most part we still recommend people not use Firestorm/Pheonix in OpenSim
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: for the most part we still recommend people not use Firestorm/Pheonix in OpenSim
 
 
[10:59] Nalates Urriah: It was a work-around hack
 
[10:59] Nalates Urriah: It was a work-around hack
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: but of course people still do
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: but of course people still do
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: Its not very popular in OSgrid though that is for sure
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: Its not very popular in OSgrid though that is for sure
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: very few people use it
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: very few people use it
 
 
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we should get opensim working better with phoenix/firestorm though
 
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we should get opensim working better with phoenix/firestorm though
 
 
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ideally
 
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ideally
 
 
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: speaking of teleports, theres a glitch in recent opensim where libomv clients log you out when you teleport. I think one if the sims are sending a teleport failed message even after a successful teleport
 
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: speaking of teleports, theres a glitch in recent opensim where libomv clients log you out when you teleport. I think one if the sims are sending a teleport failed message even after a successful teleport
 
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya sure
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya sure
 
 
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: i got it working ok now Neb
 
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: i got it working ok now Neb
 
 
[11:00] Nalates Urriah: Imprudence is the obvious favorite...
 
[11:00] Nalates Urriah: Imprudence is the obvious favorite...
 
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: in the past they have had very little contact with opensim dev team
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: in the past they have had very little contact with opensim dev team
 
 
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: its verry ok now
 
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: its verry ok now
 
 
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: started within the last 6 months or so
 
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: started within the last 6 months or so
 
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
 
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: there is one person who seems to work pretty closeley with the kokua team though
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: there is one person who seems to work pretty closeley with the kokua team though
 
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: he is generally at all the kokua/imprudence meetings
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: he is generally at all the kokua/imprudence meetings
 
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: they don't make those meetings easy to find, but then neither do we :)
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: they don't make those meetings easy to find, but then neither do we :)
 
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
 
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: although I think ours are a smidgen clearer
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: although I think ours are a smidgen clearer
 
 
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: anyone know who was doing what that may have caused it?
 
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: anyone know who was doing what that may have caused it?
 
 
[11:00] sim core: :?
 
[11:00] sim core: :?
 
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i keep forgetting lately
 
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i keep forgetting lately
 
 
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: no, I don't think teleport has changed for some time so that surprises me
 
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: no, I don't think teleport has changed for some time so that surprises me
 
 
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: only thing you cant move is the IM counter ?
 
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: only thing you cant move is the IM counter ?
 
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think ive seen that myself dahlia
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think ive seen that myself dahlia
 
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: when i see TP's fail
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: when i see TP's fail
 
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer just poofs
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer just poofs
 
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: and generally my avatar is still logged in
 
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: and generally my avatar is still logged in
 
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: libomv clients are affected  
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: libomv clients are affected  
 
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i have to kick em from the console
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i have to kick em from the console
 
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ah so its not something your seeing in standard viewers?
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ah so its not something your seeing in standard viewers?
 
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: sometimes LL based clients dont like it either
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: sometimes LL based clients dont like it either
 
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hmm well i can not say i am one who teleports a lot
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hmm well i can not say i am one who teleports a lot
 
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: anyway the message is wrong and shouldnt be sent
 
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: anyway the message is wrong and shouldnt be sent
 
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i tend to stay in my own sims or the plazas for the most part
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i tend to stay in my own sims or the plazas for the most part
 
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: occasionallu wandering out to other sims
 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: occasionallu wandering out to other sims
 
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: probably why i do not run into these things a lot
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: probably why i do not run into these things a lot
 
 
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: My Viewer3 just crashed on a TP back to my grid
 
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: My Viewer3 just crashed on a TP back to my grid
 
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh not suprised
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh not suprised
 
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: it almost always crashes for me on tp
 
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: it almost always crashes for me on tp
 
 
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: what you say is the problem i see in sl. you fly, cross a border and fly... and finaly crash into water
 
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: what you say is the problem i see in sl. you fly, cross a border and fly... and finaly crash into water
 
 
[11:04] Gennifer Eros: Ok all, I have to return to my region see you all soon
 
[11:04] Gennifer Eros: Ok all, I have to return to my region see you all soon
 
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: it may be that message causing the crash
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: it may be that message causing the crash
 
 
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: bye
 
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: bye
 
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: bye
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: bye
 
 
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm also going to head out.
 
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm also going to head out.
 
 
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: See you next week.
 
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: See you next week.
 
 
[11:04] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks waves
 
[11:04] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks waves
 
 
[11:04] Spike Miles: take care :)
 
[11:04] Spike Miles: take care :)
 
 
[11:04] Sarah Kline: byes
 
[11:04] Sarah Kline: byes
 
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: ya lunch time for me. ttyl ppl :)
 
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: ya lunch time for me. ttyl ppl :)
 
 
[11:04] Dutchy Daredevil: G day Gennifer
 
[11:04] Dutchy Daredevil: G day Gennifer
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: bye dahlia
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: bye dahlia
 
 
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: take care everyone, see you all next week
 
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: take care everyone, see you all next week
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye gennifer
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye gennifer
 
 
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: andrew
 
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: andrew
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Yes, I need to go tooo
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Yes, I need to go tooo
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
 
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: see ya BlueWall and everyone :) thanks for coming
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: see ya BlueWall and everyone :) thanks for coming
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: one more thing, meeting time will be different net week
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: one more thing, meeting time will be different net week
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
 
 
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: Dahlia
 
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: Dahlia
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: since clocks move in europe this weekend
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: since clocks move in europe this weekend
 
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: is it next week or 2 weeks?
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: is it next week or 2 weeks?
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: this weekend
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: this weekend
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: this weekend clocks change here
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: this weekend clocks change here
 
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
 
 
[11:05] sim core: =) Bye, all those who are leaving
 
[11:05] sim core: =) Bye, all those who are leaving
 
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: its Nov 6 in US
 
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: its Nov 6 in US
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi sim
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi sim
 
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: so clocks go back one hour, which will make this meeting one hour earlier for europeans until the week after
 
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: so clocks go back one hour, which will make this meeting one hour earlier for europeans until the week after
 
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: so, here we go again. what time next week ?
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: so, here we go again. what time next week ?
 
 
[11:05] Master Dubrovna: lol
 
[11:05] Master Dubrovna: lol
 
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: ok
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: ok
 
 
[11:06] sim core: :-J Greets, Richardus
 
[11:06] sim core: :-J Greets, Richardus
 
 
[11:06] Spike Miles: take care everyone and see you next week :)
 
[11:06] Spike Miles: take care everyone and see you next week :)
 
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: so what time you want to do it next week
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: so what time you want to do it next week
 
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: 1 hour earlier?
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: 1 hour earlier?
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: next week will be 6pm for europeans, one week only
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: next week will be 6pm for europeans, one week only
 
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: can someone just put together a "world clock" object for in here?
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: can someone just put together a "world clock" object for in here?
 
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: :-)
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: :-)
 
 
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: *-* Mmm ByE ByE *-*
 
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: *-* Mmm ByE ByE *-*
 
 
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: spike
 
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: spike
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: keep it the same for us
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: keep it the same for us
 
 
[11:06] Nalates Urriah: Just arrive early and clean until the meeting starts :p
 
[11:06] Nalates Urriah: Just arrive early and clean until the meeting starts :p
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: USA
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: USA
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: pffff
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: pffff
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: if only I had that kind of time :)
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: if only I had that kind of time :)
 
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok
 
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ouch
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ouch
 
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: atleast it will only be 1 week
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: atleast it will only be 1 week
 
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ;-)
 
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ;-)
 
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
 
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
 
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: moap clock
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: moap clock
 
 
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: ok I need to bounce, buy folks
 
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: ok I need to bounce, buy folks
 
 
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: er, bye
 
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: er, bye
 
 
[11:07] Mic Bowman: bye
 
[11:07] Mic Bowman: bye
 
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Justin
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Justin
 
 
[11:07] Nalates Urriah: bye
 
[11:07] Nalates Urriah: bye
 
 
[11:07] Sarah Kline: bye justin
 
[11:07] Sarah Kline: bye justin
 
 
[11:07] Mic Bowman: gotta leave too
 
[11:07] Mic Bowman: gotta leave too
 
 
[11:07] sim core: :-J
 
[11:07] sim core: :-J
 
 
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: yeaa or set some clocks in lbsa
 
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: yeaa or set some clocks in lbsa
 
 
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: in diff times zones
 
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: in diff times zones
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 14:25, 24 October 2015

[10:22] Nalates Urriah: .
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: .
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: .
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: :)
[10:22] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          c2272a7: 2011-10-22 13:17:07 -0400 (Unix/Mono)
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: :)
[10:22] Nalates Urriah: Thought I got kicked :)
[10:22] Dutchy Daredevil: naaaa
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ok back sorry about that
[10:22] Gennifer Eros: Thats why I stand, if I cant walk I have crashed lol
[10:23] Dutchy Daredevil: wb Neb
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: so BlueWall, i recall Dan Banner saying something about being able to edit something in part of the viewer xml
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: to allow the web profile change to be more permanant
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: or just a simple freeze
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: but i am not really sure
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: i never tried to do it
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: I should talk to him
[10:24] VivK Lowlag: he did say so Neb
[10:24] BlueWall Slade: there is a grid.xml
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok i found it
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: Settings.xml
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: <key>WebProfileNonProductionURL</key>
 <map>
 <key>Comment</key>
 <string>URL for Web Profiles on Non-Production grids</string>
 <key>Persist</key>
 <integer>0</integer>
 <key>Type</key>
 <string>String</string>
 <key>Value</key>
 <string>https://my-demo.secondlife.com/[AGENT_NAME]</string>
 </map>
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: of course you can only do it for 1 grid
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: but its a start
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: and shows that it is exposed at some level
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: so the TPVs should have no problem variableizing it into the grid manager
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: the string is not linked at the uti you can give in shortcuts ?
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: hmm we loose justin?
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: uri
[10:27] BlueWall Slade: if they accept that, then it will work like the map
[10:27] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back justin
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ah there he is
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: my connection terminated for some reason
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: on SL3.1 justin ?
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back :)
[10:27] Spike Miles: wb :)
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: 3.03
[10:27] Dutchy Daredevil: WB justin cc
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: oh no, I am on 3.1 on this machine
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya it happens sometimes
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: hmm that one where stable. until LL pushed it without question to 3.1
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i did forget to restart the sim today
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: its been running since saturday
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: 3.1 is really bad
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: happy you did not do it nebadon. not needed
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya memory is a bit high
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: but seems to be running ok at the moment
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: be nice to get a handle on the leaks
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: but hey atleast were able to go several days without explosions
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: especially this region
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: it gets a lot of traffic
[10:29] Gennifer Eros: Yes it does
[10:29] Richardus Raymaker: hmm more then lbsa ?
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: probably not more than lbsa
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but this region has 10 times the prims and scripts
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: I would say so yes rich
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: so every avatar has much more impact here
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: than at lbsa
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: well the both get much traffic
[10:30] Gennifer Eros: A hell of a lot of new players land here
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: plus lbsa has no neighbors really
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: just some empty voids
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: strange. i have the idea the land at lbsa ?
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: that takes a lot of pressure off of Lbsa
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: its correct you lost 2 neighborns here ?
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: well just 1 really
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: sisyphus is my region
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: it used to be on the other side where cameo is
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i traded with paulie after i kicked the other guy out
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: strange, for me on minimap N & S are void
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: v2/v3 viewer?
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: 1.4b2
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: oh no imprudence
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: SL3 not stable to use it. otherwise i did
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i see the map normally
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: 3DH is just white
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: probably cause melanie doesnt have map configured correctly or something
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: everything else looks solid though
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: hehe
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: ohh wait. =odsler imprudence. need to check my shortcuts
[10:33] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dahlia
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: well, sound keeped working. so i can try 1.4b2
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hello Dahlia
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya maybe a cache issue or something
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: Hi Mic
[10:33] Mic Bowman: hi all
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: oh hey Mic how is it going
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: brb
[10:34] Spike Miles: hiya Mic
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Mic
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i saw your video on MSNBC that diva posted last night
[10:34] Gennifer Eros: Hello mic
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: very cool for sure
[10:34] Mic Bowman: hope i didn't say anything stupid
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43384144/vp/44991914#VpFlash
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: its about the disaster simulation
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of disasters is anyone here logged in with the v3 viewer at the moment
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: you are right Justin?
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: does the couch look ok?
[10:35] Gennifer Eros: Nope
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: yes 3.1.0
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: couch looks fine
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: thats better, only 1 void.
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i finally got around to replacing it with the v3 version that doesnt use beyond 95% hollows
[10:35] Sarah Kline: couch is ok this week to me lol
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: is there already a new 3.1 ?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: there is a developer version Richardus
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: it has the new User Interface too
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not more side bar
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: LL pushed me from 3.03 to 3.1 but that crash. so waiting for a newer one to test
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: not=no
[10:36] Dutchy Daredevil: Firestorm 3.0.1 (22566) Sep 11 2011 13:22:35 (Firestorm-Beta-Mesh)
[10:36] Nalates Urriah: I have a 3.2.1 that crashes every 3rd or 4th tp
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: oh ? i used a skin for SL3.1
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya i noticed that too Nalates
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: Teleporting seems almost impossible on 3.2
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i hope thats a viewer bug
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: i crahs when you double click on map in 3.1 many times
[10:37] Nalates Urriah: It is. I think Runitai talked about it
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i wasnt getting to panic'd just yet being it is in developer status still
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: downloading 3.2
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i do like the no Interface so far
[10:38] Unknown User: it looks the same to me in both viewers
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i just wish they would go back to the old style media controllers
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: shame it seems its a bit useless to install more sl viewers. the interfere with upgrades
[10:38] Nalates Urriah: There are some project viewers that are hard to find. I linked to them from my blog
[10:38] Unknown User: I have music in it :)
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: no sidebar is good. thats just waht made it bad
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya the media controls work i just hate the new ones
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: its so confusing
[10:39] Unknown User: it is hard to find things
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: that to, and the autoplay. so now disabled streaming complete
[10:39] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/davep_gl-development/latest.html
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: anyone who thinks the new style media controllers is easier than v1's is insane
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: llol
[10:39] Unknown User: Dahlia - you were driving Sydney arround earlier?
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: i have 243350
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: ya Sydney was here 
[10:40] Nalates Urriah: http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-development/rev/243698/index.html
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: isn mesh-developmet branch dead?
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: Ive been having video driver problems 
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: hmm guess not
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: not fun to have driver problems when programming opengl lol
[10:40] Unknown User: noooooo, lol
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i swore they said that branch wasnt going to be used anymore
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i bet Dahlia
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: i have always felt bad for LL in that regard
[10:41] Nalates Urriah: I'm not sure. I have not been trying to down load the mesh project viewer. I think it has merged. The Snowstorm project consistently updates.
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: it must be quite nightmarish for them
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: when they run into driver issues
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: windows update snuck in a nvidia driver and its an old one
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: then snuck a newer one in manual
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: ya its downloading
[10:42] Mimetic Core: Thanks Nalates
[10:42] Gennifer Eros: Never EVEr let windows auto update, have it download then you choose
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: i try the 243350 first
[10:42] Nalates Urriah: Runitai is working OpenGL 3... So, they can get the nVidia 200 series and up working well.
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: yes, dont do that anyway. or you come back from bathroom with restarted ssytem
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: it reset all my preferences so it messed up my firewall rules and set itself to auto-install again :(
[10:43] Unknown User: "Where do you want to go today?"
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: uhh, the moved the buttons from right to left ?
[10:43] Unknown User: remember that one?
[10:43] Nalates Urriah: I am so hoping that Kirsten's project gets funded.
[10:43] Gennifer Eros: I never allow auto updates
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: "Just to my desktop" lol
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: 25,000 USD is a lot of money all at once
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: omg i hate that click and walk default
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25,000 for what ?
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon. i dont see option to choice skin.
[10:44] Unknown User: yow!!!
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: Kirstens is 45000$ USD
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: 25000 Euros or something
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: but hey if they can raise it
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: that would be good for sure
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: anyway 3.2 looks a bit better
[10:45] Nalates Urriah: Yeah... I keep pushing it. I've made prim links for use in SL.
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: ah. for me its in GBP
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: thatr makes sense
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: ah right GBP
[10:45] Dahlia Trimble: prim links?
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i knew it wasnt USD
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: now people need to relearn the interface again. lol
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: lol
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: heh the new interface is pretty nice
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: so far
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can move the buttons around
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: rename em
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: add more buttons, remove buttons
[10:46] Unknown User: driving the avatar with the mouse is pretty awkward now though
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: well you dont have to though BlueWall
[10:46] Sarah Kline: like firestorm
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Hello sim
[10:46] Nalates Urriah: The new SL UI is a minor change. The sidebar is now floaters so its not bad. I adapted in a few minutes.
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: how to move. i saw once a thing but then failed
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you can still move around like before
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: i know. need to find the disable option back again. lol
[10:47] Unknown User: yeah
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: I guess they are trying to capture a different crowd by adding that method though
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: I like the new UI
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: people used to playing Sims and other mmorpg style games
[10:47] Unknown User: I usually use the mouse to steer
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: needs some work tho
[10:47] Nalates Urriah: You have to set the single and double click settings. I mouse steer so I thought the thing was broken. But, just a setting.
[10:47] Sarah Kline: maybe to use on touchpads
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya I hope they have more to do still
[10:47] Sarah Kline: in future
[10:47] Unknown User: ohhh, cool
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya i suppose thats possible
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: the rest of the interface would be a major problem though
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:48] Sarah Kline: ^^
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: anyway, the way it looks now i preffer SL above firestorm
[10:48] Nalates Urriah: I think they'll try for the iPhone and tablet users.
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: lol. 1FPS
[10:48] Unknown User: I have to see if I can get it to build here
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats the only bad part about the new LL UI
[10:48] Unknown User: looks like a monster
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: i have a feeling the TPVs will have wasted a lot of time
[10:48] Sarah Kline: well as long as everybody gets mesh enabled its all cool
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: this one is really good.
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: but who knows maybe the work they did do is what influenced LL to change
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: the rate of viewer change does seem to be putting a lot of pressure on tpvs atm
[10:49] Juicy Babii: not as bad as trying to move about in BlueMars
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[10:49] Nalates Urriah: The nVisia OpenGL thing is a big road block for TPV's
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: LL did do a pretty good job
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: compared to say Bluemars
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: do you have much problem swith it in OSG nebadon ?
[10:49] Unknown User: it will probably take some work to make everything work here too
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: I have not used it a whole lot Richardus
[10:50] Dahlia Trimble: nvidia opengl thing?
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but it worked pretty well for me
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: only problem i had was teleports
[10:50] Unknown User: that profile app is a killer
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: they tend to crash like 75% of the time or more
[10:50] Nalates Urriah: 1 sec Dahlai I'll get a link
[10:50] sim core: :-S
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but if what Nalates said was true
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: LL is aware its a problem
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: and acknowledged it
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: sl3.2 have a bit firefox style button config
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: I think not being able to upload mesh is also an issue for tpvs?
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i think that problem has been overcome
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i heard talk in the kokua irc channel that firestorm had it worked out
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble: I heard LL was using some vendor-specific opegl 3+ extenstions in the mesh code
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: just hearsay tho
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: heh if they are that sounds like making alot more work for themselves
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: the opengl3 stuff is still very experimental
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: Dahlia, this is where it started: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/08/07/nvidia-driver-gtx-460-problems/
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[10:53] sim core: :-)
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: what i heard is alot of what LL uses now has been deprecated in OpenGL3
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: There was a change in some function in OpenGL that LL used. OpenGL depreciated it and LL didn't notice until things started crashing.
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: so they are scrambling to replace all the defunct functions they were using
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/
[10:54] Sarah Kline: the next release of firestorm will have mesh upload ...be interesting to see if it works
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: seems so, Neb
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: from what i heard in the Kokua channel from the devs
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: so what is this about an lsl client bridge on firestorm?
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: it does work
[10:54] Nalates Urriah: That has hung the TPV's too because it is render pipeline stuff.
[10:54] Gennifer Eros: Welcome back dutchy
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: the LSL client bridge stems back to Emerald i think Justin
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i am not quite sure what it does
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i recall though it would leave a mess in sims
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: in the form of cubes everywhere
[10:55] Nalates Urriah: Justine, they have one. I think it started with Emerald. It is a pain as I go from viewer to viewer.
[10:55] Dahlia Trimble: oops Im using some depricated functions in my viewer lol
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:55] sim core: (-: That'S why I use viewer 1.23 still)
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: nalates: do you know what it's meant to do?
[10:56] Sarah Kline: one thing is for radar i think
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: thats what i readed on list to nebadon
[10:56] Dutchy Daredevil: Ty Gennifer
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: so it's like an auto-attachment which bridges the client and in-world?
[10:56] Nalates Urriah: Not in detail, I think it startedas away to run scans and build a radar.
[10:56] Sarah Kline: other things lsl programming idk
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bridge
[10:57] Nalates Urriah: Then they advanced to add other features that needed in-world help.
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it must be using some create facility that isn't implemented/properly implemented in opensim
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: there you go Justin
[10:57] Sarah Kline: yes its invisible and worn on avatar
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. for now im happy with sl3.2 hope it works here to.
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: 3 TP no crash in sl
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: from that wiki, looks like a bit of an appendix
[10:57] sim core: :-J
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: only documented as implementing doble vlick teleport
[10:58] Sarah Kline: lol
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: on regions which have forced ;landing spots
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya i am not quite sure what it does
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: we have always recommended people disable it in OpenSIm
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: seems an awkward thing to have to do
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: for the most part we still recommend people not use Firestorm/Pheonix in OpenSim
[10:59] Nalates Urriah: It was a work-around hack
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: but of course people still do
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: Its not very popular in OSgrid though that is for sure
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: very few people use it
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we should get opensim working better with phoenix/firestorm though
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ideally
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: speaking of teleports, theres a glitch in recent opensim where libomv clients log you out when you teleport. I think one if the sims are sending a teleport failed message even after a successful teleport
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya sure
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: i got it working ok now Neb
[11:00] Nalates Urriah: Imprudence is the obvious favorite...
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: in the past they have had very little contact with opensim dev team
[11:00] Dutchy Daredevil: its verry ok now
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: started within the last 6 months or so
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: there is one person who seems to work pretty closeley with the kokua team though
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: he is generally at all the kokua/imprudence meetings
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: they don't make those meetings easy to find, but then neither do we :)
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: although I think ours are a smidgen clearer
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: anyone know who was doing what that may have caused it?
[11:00] sim core: :?
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i keep forgetting lately
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: no, I don't think teleport has changed for some time so that surprises me
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: only thing you cant move is the IM counter ?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think ive seen that myself dahlia
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: when i see TP's fail
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer just poofs
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: and generally my avatar is still logged in
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: libomv clients are affected 
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i have to kick em from the console
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ah so its not something your seeing in standard viewers?
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: sometimes LL based clients dont like it either
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hmm well i can not say i am one who teleports a lot
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: anyway the message is wrong and shouldnt be sent
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i tend to stay in my own sims or the plazas for the most part
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: occasionallu wandering out to other sims
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: probably why i do not run into these things a lot
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: My Viewer3 just crashed on a TP back to my grid
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh not suprised
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: it almost always crashes for me on tp
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: what you say is the problem i see in sl. you fly, cross a border and fly... and finaly crash into water
[11:04] Gennifer Eros: Ok all, I have to return to my region see you all soon
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: it may be that message causing the crash
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: bye
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: bye
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm also going to head out.
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: See you next week.
[11:04] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks waves
[11:04] Spike Miles: take care :)
[11:04] Sarah Kline: byes
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: ya lunch time for me. ttyl ppl :)
[11:04] Dutchy Daredevil: G day Gennifer
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: bye dahlia
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: take care everyone, see you all next week
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye gennifer
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: andrew
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Yes, I need to go tooo
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: see ya BlueWall and everyone :) thanks for coming
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: one more thing, meeting time will be different net week
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[11:05] Dutchy Daredevil: Dahlia
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: since clocks move in europe this weekend
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: is it next week or 2 weeks?
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: this weekend
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: this weekend clocks change here
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:05] sim core: =) Bye, all those who are leaving
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: its Nov 6 in US
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi sim
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: so clocks go back one hour, which will make this meeting one hour earlier for europeans until the week after
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: so, here we go again. what time next week ?
[11:05] Master Dubrovna: lol
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[11:06] sim core: :-J Greets, Richardus
[11:06] Spike Miles: take care everyone and see you next week :)
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: so what time you want to do it next week
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: 1 hour earlier?
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: next week will be 6pm for europeans, one week only
[11:06] Mic Bowman: can someone just put together a "world clock" object for in here?
[11:06] Mic Bowman: :-)
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: *-* Mmm ByE ByE *-*
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: spike
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: keep it the same for us
[11:06] Nalates Urriah: Just arrive early and clean until the meeting starts :p
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: USA
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: pffff
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: if only I had that kind of time :)
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ouch
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: atleast it will only be 1 week
[11:06] Mic Bowman: ;-)
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: moap clock
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: ok I need to bounce, buy folks
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: er, bye
[11:07] Mic Bowman: bye
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Justin
[11:07] Nalates Urriah: bye
[11:07] Sarah Kline: bye justin
[11:07] Mic Bowman: gotta leave too
[11:07] sim core: :-J
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: yeaa or set some clocks in lbsa
[11:07] Dutchy Daredevil: in diff times zones
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki