Chat log from the meeting on 2011-10-11

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 15:24, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: Hi Justin
[10:01] Richardus Raymaker: oh nebadon. whats a good windows soundcard with enough line-out level
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi folks
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: been good
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: Hello Key
[10:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[10:01] Tainted Heathen666: hello Justin
[10:02] Key Gruin: hi all
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: hmm hard to say i assume you want Linux compatibility
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: i never have much luck with sound in Linux
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: no windows for now. and i stay on windows now
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: BlueWall might have some better suggestions
[10:02] Tainted Heathen666: hey rich
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: well if your only concerned with it working well in Windows, then the Sound Blaster X-Fi is a great card
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: 1.4 i have no right channel
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: looked at it , the pci-e version
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: I have sound in the SL Viewer, but not Imp 1.3.0
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats what I have
[10:03] Master Dubrovna: Good day everyone
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: the price is not bad to.
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: Hi Master
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:03] Tainted Heathen666: hey Dub
[10:03] Dutchy Daredevil: hi master
[10:03] Master Dubrovna: Howdy
[10:03] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Dubrovna
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: but is the sound level high enough ? my curent usb & onboard are low level
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: brb
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: this is what I use
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:04] Tainted Heathen666: Fatality ?
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:04] Tainted Heathen666: isnt that asking for issues :p
[10:05] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: hehe Fata1ity is a gamer
[10:05] Tainted Heathen666: ;)
[10:05] BlueWall Slade: I found out why I have no sound in Imp - the master volume was set to -0-
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: he has his own line of hardware he endorses
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: no i looked at a cheaper x-fi. relog only have left sound
[10:05] Tainted Heathen666: kewl
[10:05] Tainted Heathen666: kind of like having a mobo named broken
[10:05] Tainted Heathen666: imho
[10:06] Sarah Kline: hi all
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:06] BlueWall Slade: Hi Sarah
[10:06] Master Dubrovna: Hi Sarah
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi sarah
[10:06] Tainted Heathen666: hi Gobi
[10:06] Spike Miles: hiya Sarah and hiya everyone :)
[10:06] Tainted Heathen666: waves to Spike
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi spike
[10:07] Dutchy Daredevil: hi sarah
[10:07] Tainted Heathen666: wb rich
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting, agent time is quite high here
[10:07] Dutchy Daredevil: spikie
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: higher than physics, which is very unexpected
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: ok. looks like i have both channels now
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: might have been temporary spike
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: as someone was logging in
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: look at it now
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: no, looks pretty constant
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: very unexpected. In other scenarios physics outweights agent
[10:08] Key Gruin: agent updates/sec ?
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: no, agent time
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: I recently changed the frame time calculations to now be more accurate
[10:08] Key Gruin: hmm
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: i looked at this one nebadon.
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: or at least, what I think of as more accurate :)
[10:09] Key Gruin: ok I'm only looking at viewer stats, not console
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: me too
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: in Time (ms) you don't see agent time much higher than physics?
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: x1.5 - x2
[10:10] Key Gruin: oh at the bottom
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: psy 29.7 agenbt 52.7
[10:10] Key Gruin: I see no valuefor Time at all
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: some of them are not filled in
[10:10] Key Gruin: it's blank
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: agent higher here then psy
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: either we didn't know what they are or they don't apply to opensim
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: but previously on wp I've always had physics time much higher than agent, so I'm surprised
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting to know, thuogh
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: there are occasional spikes in physics time
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: maybe its just the sheer amount of avatars?
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, though 12 isn't a lot
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: not that there is a huge amount here
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[10:12] Key Gruin: kind of slim actually hehe
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I don't know why some weeks we get a lot of people and other weeks not many
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: ok, just psy jumped up above agent time
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: not too many issues this week :D
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: maby if someone hits something it go up
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: I just noticed that Sandbox Plaza has been up for 9 days
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: thats pretty damn good
[10:13] Key Gruin: wow
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: I still need to delve into the mysteries of ode
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: that is impressive for a sandbox
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of ODE
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: i tried my Racer couple days ago at My Sandbox
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: its pretty much unuseable
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno what changed
[10:13] Ci SenseCi Sense appears
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: nothing has been changed recently
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems like almost all Physical vehicles are broken master
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: it doesn't try to cross region boundaries or anything liek that, does it?
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: its beena while since i used it
[10:14] Sarah Kline: oops
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: no
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: it sinks into the ground
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: that's very odd then
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: and driving over prims is horrible
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: its pretty much 100% broken now
[10:14] Sarah Kline: bad road holding
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: could you give me a copy sometime? Would be heflpful in testing
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: how is it with bullet?
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: i doubt it works at all in bullet
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: bullet is very incomplete
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: huh
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: i dont seem able to give you any inventory Justin
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i get red circle with line
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: when i try to give you anything
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm verboten
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: verbotoen
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I have no idea why that would be
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya me either
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i cant give you anything
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: seems I can give you things
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I'ma ghost
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: there we go
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: weird
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: no justin. oops. gave it to key
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: majority of my inventory i cant give you it seems
[10:17] Key Gruin: lol I was wondering
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: key dont look like justin :)) latest is 0.186 nebadon ?
[10:17] Key Gruin: should I pass it on?
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: i sent it
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: i gabe one to justin
[10:17] Key Gruin: ook
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey: I have two now
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: finally found one i could give him
[10:18] Justin Clark-Casey: so thanks
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: that box has all my vehicles
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: cool
[10:18] OKC Racer v0.186X (super-lite) whispers: Hit M for mouselook, page up and down for shifting, if you flip standing will flip car back on its wheels. type /2 listcolors to see available colors and /2 color <name> to change colors.
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: hmm interesting
[10:18] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, now that causes physics time to jump massively
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: it kind of works here
[10:18] Tainted Heathen666: new drivers pfft
[10:18] Tainted Heathen666: lol
[10:19] Spike Miles: XD
[10:19] OKC Racer v0.186X (super-lite): Burn Out
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe because you're driving on a prim?
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: man, that is some shitty physics time
[10:19] Ci Sense: sorry Neb, you can't do that in here :)
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:19] Richardus Raymaker: 795ms
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats odd
[10:19] Key Gruin: don't put skidmarks on the new floor
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: it doesnt work that well on my sim
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: how odd
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: but interestingly avatar response isn't too bad
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i need to update my sandbox and try again
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: you haven't got any physics number tweaks left over?
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: my sandbox is a Mega Region
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: but thats never matter before
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: that could have an impact
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: its the sim where i developed the racer in
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, ok
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: it always worked well there
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt think to try a single sim
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i'll do some more research and let you know
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: it could be a ini setting too maybe
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to double check everything make sure nothing is wierd
[10:21] Richardus Raymaker: sounds weird that a mega would work betetr withverhicles
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: well another odd part about it
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i never actually left the SW sim
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: so its not like i saw out beyond 256m
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to go over it again and make sure everthing is proper
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i do like to experiment there
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: could be i forgot something
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: but even there i had trouble driving over prims
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: Hi Dahlia
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[10:23] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:23] Dutchy Daredevil: hi dahlia
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: oops played video on accident
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:23] Dutchy Daredevil: lol
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i was trying to cam
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:24] Sarah Kline: hi dahlia
[10:25] Dahlia Trimble: what's news?
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: not much I was just saying that i had trouble with vehicles at my sim
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems to work ok here
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: the little liar
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: so i am confused now
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: one difference though is this sim is master git
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: my sandbox is not
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't imagine your sandbox is far off
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably not
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: let me check
[10:26] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: and no ode changes have happened recently
[10:26] Dahlia Trimble: some of my regions are months behind lol
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not its updated 10/8
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i am however running mono 2.10.6
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: its correct osgrid still have the 9-24 on website ?
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: wonder if thats the problem
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: this region is 2.10.5
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: might have to test that too
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: my guess is i might have something wrong in OpenSim.ini
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't think mono version would have much impact on physics
[10:27] sim core: :-J
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya me either honestly
[10:28] Dahlia Trimble: I need to update mono too
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: especially since not much changed from 2.10.5 to 2.10.6
[10:28] Key Gruin: Neb's racer smack-dab in the middle of the meeting:
[10:28] Dahlia Trimble: still at 2.4.something
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:28] Key Gruin: ㋡
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: I saw 2.10.6 in the mono repo but no release announcement?
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: is it real?
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: i think you are missing muhc dahlia
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:28] Andrew Hellershanks: 2.10.5 seemed to be the latest when I checked a few days about.
[10:28] Andrew Hellershanks: about->ago
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: they have the source in a tar on their website
[10:29] Richardus Raymaker: i run that version. and it works fine 2.10.5
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: but its not listed as the version on their website
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: not sure whats up with that
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: they might have found some last minute issues
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: and decided not to post it
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: possibly
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: i have 2 servers running 2.10.6 though
[10:30] Dahlia Trimble: I havent been messing around with opensim much, whenever Im able to code Im usually hacking on my viewer
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: i will test my Racer at OKC Tower after the meeting
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: and see if i get same results
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: its different hardware than my sandbox
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: how is the viewer coming along?
[10:30] Dahlia Trimble: slow but nicely :)
[10:30] Dahlia Trimble: I can render all of wright plaza pretty well
[10:31] Justin Clark-Casey: key: interesting. So in a photo, do you see only certin bits of cloud avatar?
[10:31] Dahlia Trimble: lemme take a pic...
[10:31] Key Gruin: I dont think there ware any clouds in that pic Justin
[10:31] Dutchy Daredevil: aww i looking ok in it
[10:31] Dutchy Daredevil: lol
[10:32] Ci SenseCi Sense skims through the last tech meeting notes
[10:32] Key Gruin: lot of empty seats ㋡
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: no, but I thought I only saw a few bits of hair for some people
[10:32] Key Gruin: oh
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: speaking of viewer stuff
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: this is today at 2pm SLT
[10:32] Spike Miles: I am floating hair in the pic XD
[10:32] Key Gruin: ah yes
[10:33] Key Gruin: might have something to do with my graphics setting
[10:33] Justin Clark-Casey: ah ok
[10:33] Key Gruin: on high, with shadows
[10:33] VivK Lowlag: it's nothing to do with the settings Key
[10:33] Key Gruin: no?
[10:33] VivK Lowlag: no
[10:33] VivK Lowlag: your using Aswtra right?
[10:34] VivK Lowlag: Astra
[10:34] Key Gruin: ok I was only guessing
[10:34] Key Gruin: yup
[10:34] sim core: :-? Well it could
[10:34] Key Gruin: Astra
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: sometime you float sit. resit fix it
[10:34] VivK Lowlag: it also shows that way in Singularity
[10:34] Key Gruin: I see
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: be sure to pass this URL around too everyone
[10:34] Key Gruin: speaking of pics
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: we really need to get this project fully funded asap
[10:35] Dahlia Trimble:
[10:35] Key Gruin: Justin do you mind if I add a new pic to the opensimulator front page?
[10:35] Dahlia Trimble: I have code to render the avatar but its not in yet
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: did you ever try bringing any of your animated prims in to OpenSimulator Dahlia?
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: key: where on the front page? There isn't a lot of room
[10:36] Sarah Kline: I think LL should chip in
[10:36] Dahlia Trimble: not yet
[10:36] Sarah Kline: )
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: ? that picture looks like mesh stuff
[10:36] Key Gruin: where Page of the day is
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: avatars are mesh Richardus
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: I thought LL said that their early priority for the change didn't mean what eerybody thought it meant
[10:37] Dahlia Trimble: here's an example of the avatar code
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: even in V1 viewers
[10:37] Key Gruin: whichhad been there for quite a while ㋡
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: key: Image of the Moment?
[10:37] Key Gruin: yup that one
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: Please, feel free
[10:37] Key Gruin: ok ㋡
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: Justin I attended yestedays Mesh meeting, alot of people where there
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: you might want to put in any change comments that I said it was ok,. otherwise someone might revert it :)
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: and Max and I asked alot of questions to dave linden
[10:38] Key Gruin: ok will do thanks
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: LL said they can not really say yet, they are exploring all options
[10:38] Sarah Kline: it was promising the respose you got
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: and they like us would prefer an opensource option
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: really?! I'm surprised
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: and that any 3rd party projects being accepted by LL would be determined by the quality of their code
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: and being that Karl is an ex linden and wrote alot of the Mesh code for v2
[10:39] Dahlia Trimble: and by willingness of the authors to submit it under LL contrib agreement
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: i am pretty sure his quality will be up to their standards
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: Karl already said he would sign the agreement too
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: $5000 is really incredibly cheap for this kind of thing
[10:39] Dahlia Trimble: yes
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: well Karl is still pretty fond of SL
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: and its not really totally about the money for him
[10:39] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey nods
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: and i am sure his extensive knowldge of the viewer and the mesh system LL uses
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: its not as much as a up hill battle as it would be for some complete outsider
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[10:40] Sarah Kline: he gave us the sculpty
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:40] Key Gruin: really ?
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[10:40] Key Gruin: awesome
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: and he wrote most of the Mesh system too
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: nice video
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: and flexiprims too I believe
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: Karl actually did alot of effects for the Matrix movies
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[10:41] Spike Miles: did he not work on the game Riven also ?
[10:41] Sarah Kline: and he was missed by the mesh team when he was let go
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: he did the scene where the Nebachnezar explodes
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: and also the hand of god at the end of the last matrix
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: when all the flying drones break into the landing dock
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: and make a big hand
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: what is he doing now?
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: making a parametric deformer for us
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:42] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:42] Sarah Kline: hehhe
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: ha
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: honestly i dunno what else he does
[10:42] Key Gruin: he started on it already?
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: well probably not totally no
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: but he probably has already i am sure
[10:43] Key Gruin: probably has a game plan
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: he was doing some classses in SL a while back about graphics programming
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: guys like that are not good at waiting
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya i saw on his website he was doing Maya classes i think
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: something like that could be a fair bit of work 
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: Hello all
[10:44] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: I have a question
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Gennifer
[10:44] Spike Miles: hiya Gennifer :)
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:44] BlueWall Slade: maybe he will get carried away amd make a full blown in-viewer editor
[10:44] Gennifer Eros: Are there any plans to fix the mute list issue?
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: heh well
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: I think Karl is going to make it pretty rough
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: what is the mute list issue?
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: and then rely mostly on the TPVs and LL to fully integrate his work
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: there is no mute list
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: It only lasts until you relog
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: correct
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: no one has ever made a mute list php system
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: Well IMO that sucks neb
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: so do many things
[10:45] Sarah Kline: who have you upset this time lol
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: Ahh ok
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: we accept patches :P
[10:45] BlueWall Slade: do you know if the OSD side supports it?
[10:45] BlueWall Slade: OS*
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i think so
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: were just missing a mute.php
[10:45] Gennifer Eros: I never upset people, they upset me sarah :)
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: thats functional
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: there is a setting in OpenSim.ini
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: and if you do not set the mute url offline messageing will not work
[10:46] BlueWall Slade: need to dump whatever is being sent there to see what it wants
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: so im pretty sure all the wiring is there
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Ok, another question
[10:46] BlueWall Slade: the answer is no
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Why do intra server tp's fail?
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: or not implemented?
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: no with a chance of maybe
[10:47] Ci SenseCi Sense gets hauled back to rl
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: heh thats not an easy question to answer without knowing a lot more info
[10:47] BlueWall Slade: hmm, I haven't seen troubles with TPs
[10:47] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey wonders why his typing animation no longer appears
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: its cause the sit script
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: ah ha!
[10:47] BlueWall Slade: what type of trouble do you see?
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: and the priority of the animation in that seat
[10:47] Key Gruin: hehe
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: it over rides the typing animation
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: but your typing works...
[10:47] Gennifer Eros: I cant tp between my regions without going somewhere else first
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: different pose
[10:48] Spike Miles: yay for invisible keyboards :D
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: are all your regions on the same host?
[10:48] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          f138a20: 2011-10-11 00:29:41 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[10:48] Gennifer Eros: Yes, all on the same server
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: different instances?
[10:48] Gennifer Eros: Nope
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: all in one instance?
[10:48] Gennifer Eros: Yes
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: how many regions?
[10:49] Gennifer Eros: 35
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: pfffffff
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: bzzzzt Wrong Answer!
[10:49] Gennifer Eros: lol
[10:49] Tainted Heathen666: lol
[10:49] Key Gruin:
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: justin, you can disable the typeing in most viewers
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: try running about 5 or so
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: see if that clears it up
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: gennifer: tbh, I'm not sure opensim handles that number at all well
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, try fewer regions
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: if so, then split out the other regios
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: see if that makes a difference
[10:50] BlueWall Slade: run about 6 instances
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: ya 35 in one instance is probably way to many
[10:50] Key GruinKey Gruin feels like dancing
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: eheh
[10:50] Gennifer Eros: The only problem with that is losing my place on the map, I did that once already and am not keen to do it again
[10:50] Key Gruin: the dubstep
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: your 35 places on the map?
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: crashe them
[10:51] VivK Lowlag: of 16.7 million
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: dont' shut down
[10:51] Gennifer Eros: Well it only needs one to be taken for the server tyo crash
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: running Linux?
[10:51] Richardus Raymaker: wow 35. does that run ?
[10:51] Gennifer Eros: I will try splitting them and see if that helps
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: cool i bet it does
[10:51] Gennifer Eros: Yes and it runs quite well
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: use kill -9 on the opensim instance
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: i personally do not like running more than 1 sim per instance
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: unless its a mega
[10:52] BlueWall Slade: that will reserve your spost
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: otherwise i would never myself run more than 1 region per simulator
[10:52] BlueWall Slade: then bring up 5 at a time
[10:52] Gennifer Eros: I normally just close the opensim window
[10:52] Richardus Raymaker: yes. still not sure how you ever would monitor more regions in 1 instance and only restart the 1 crashed region.
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: well, that's effectively crashing it
[10:52] BlueWall Slade: window?
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: you really want to shutdown by typing quit on the command line first
[10:52] Gennifer Eros: My serer runs windows
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: you would lose any unpersisted data just by closing the window
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: that will clear out the region entry in the grid database
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: then someone else can take them
[10:53] Gennifer Eros: Hey dont blame me, blame neb, he told me to do it that way lol
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: Gennifer if your handy with command line hacks there is a trick you can do in windows to allow OpenSimulator to access a little more memory
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: can force a backup, then crash them
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: neb!
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: we always blame neb :)
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: yoooo
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: what i do?
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:53] Gennifer Eros: I am quite familiar with the command line
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: well you need to install Visual Studo C++ Express
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: are you telling people to shutdown opensim by just cloing the window ;)
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: well yes
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: if they dont want to loose their region
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: they have to
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: mmm, I guess so
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: otherwise people steal their spots
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: they're going to lose any unpersisted data though
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: you guys really need a better reservation system
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: well
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: type backup
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: on the console
[10:54] Gennifer Eros: I bitched when someone took one of my spaces and meb said it was my own fault because I shut down rather than crashe out
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: something that holds onto the spot for at least a day or something
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: honestly it depends on how long since you waited
[10:55] BlueWall Slade: people used to steal the plaza sposts
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: we never shut the plazas down proper
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: and do not recall loosing any data
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: it would only happen for vert recent changes
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: most of the time when people loose data
[10:55] Gennifer Eros: My server was down for 24 hours for hardware upgrades
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: within the last 60 seconds
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: its because they are using Sqlite
[10:55] Gennifer Eros: I am using mysql now
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i have heard a lot of people report loosing work with sqlite
[10:56] Gennifer Eros: Since the 7.2 upgrade
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: but if you are worried about it
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: always type "backup"
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: or memory cache
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: on the sim console before ending the window
[10:56] Dahlia Trimble: how often does it sync the region datastore?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: or doing ctrl+c
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: it depends, but 60 seonds is the standard from the last change of a particular prim
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: if it's being changed continuously it does eventually get persisted anyway, but only after about 10 mins by default
[10:57] Dahlia Trimble: seems sometimes it takes a long time after loading an oar
[10:57] Gennifer Eros: I just did that and it looked like it didnt so anything
[10:57] Gennifer Eros: do*
[10:57] Dahlia Trimble: especially with sqlite
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: there's probably nothing to do then
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: ah yea on Sqlite it sucks
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: would be nice if you could lock the plaza coorinates. so nobody else can take it. only 1 ip have access to that coordinate as exampel.
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: sqlite is dog slow for that kind of thing
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, sqlite is not nice to work with
[10:57] Gennifer Eros: I agree
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: we recently fixed the long oar persistance on MySQL though
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: if you get it started with it anyway
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: by changing the table formats
[10:58] Gennifer Eros: Sqlite sucks
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: sqlite is great for certain things
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: it should only take a few seconds now
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: for even large oars
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: but not so much for opensmi use
[10:58] Dahlia Trimble: I like sqlite most of the time for region store because its convenient to have the .db files
[10:58] Sarah Kline: its what it says it is lite ^^
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: previously before the changes we did to mysql tables, Wright Plaza OAR took like 6 hours to load
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: how long now?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: now it takes like 5 minutes
[10:58] Gennifer Eros: LMAO
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: if i do no-assets option
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: it takes like 60 seconds or less
[10:59] Gennifer Eros: Anyway, thanks for the help and the advice to never EVER listen to neb again lol
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: no neb's advice is fine
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: blame him anyway :)
[10:59] Gennifer Eros: Just kidding neb
[10:59] Spike Miles: XD
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: but crashing the sims just to keep places disturbs me quite a lot :)
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: unfortunatly right now its kind of the only option
[10:59] Dahlia Trimble: I do it too lol
[11:00] Key Gruin: it's very common Justin
[11:00] Gennifer Eros: Well yea me as well but it seems shutting down releases the map place
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: but ya back to the getting opensimulator to use more than more memory on windows
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: 5 minutes for oar. uhmm thats lightspeed fast
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks: IIRC, shutting down removes the entry from the regions table
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: you basically need Visual Studio Express C++
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: because C++ has the Visual STudio console
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: and for some odd reason C# does not
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: besides if you have a crashed sim as neighborn you can get lag on your sim...
[11:01] Dahlia Trimble: Ive had regions near 1024,1024 for years but when diva published her request to move regions under 4096 people started encroaching
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: C++ ? not C# ?
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: I've had a few more people have a crak at the 4096 bug
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: Start > Programs > Visual Studio 2008 > Visual Studio Tools > Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: no success so far, but I am aware of a 'patch' which apparantly weakes the effect
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: it will bring up a dos like window
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: you need to cd /path/to/opensim.exe
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: wherever you keep it
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: then type
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE OpenSim.exe
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: this will allow opensimulator to use up to 3gb
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: i decided windows as dektop ok. as server it terrible to manage :O
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: instead of the 2gb default
[11:03] Gennifer Eros: I love windoze lol
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: this can actually help quite a bit
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hmm means still stuck at 32bit
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: honeslty i am shocked you can run 35 simulators in 1 instance in windows
[11:03] Dahlia Trimble: ya I like windows desktop and linux server
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: wow
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: i could see 35 empty sims
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but not 35 sims full of stuff that is for sure
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, you'd hit out of memory issues pretty quickly
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: windows server works nice but I prefer command line to gui
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: the hack i show above can help a little
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: I have discovered VirtualBox
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go very shortly
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: virtualbox is awesome
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ok Justin
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: linux have some tools you not have in windows with opensim...
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: btw, I was wrong about the time shifts - that doesn't start happening until end of october
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: I have never used it until now
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: yes, virtualbox is good
[11:04] Dahlia Trimble: <3 virtualbox
Personal tools
About This Wiki