Chat log from the meeting on 2011-10-04

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: <pre> [10:03] Andrew HellershanksAndrew HellershanksVideos work too well here but Imprudences lets me prevent them from starting to play [10:03] Dutchy Daredevil: latest firestorm beta mes...)
 
m
 
Line 430: Line 430:
 
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: and consider using it
 
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: and consider using it
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 14:24, 24 October 2015

[10:03] Andrew HellershanksAndrew HellershanksVideos work too well here but Imprudences lets me prevent them from starting to play
[10:03] Dutchy Daredevil: latest firestorm beta mesh
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: you need Imprudence 1.4 or a V2/V3 viewer
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: dunno Dutchy
[10:03] Justin Clark-Casey: Hello gentlepeople
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: it should work
[10:03] Sarah Kline: Hi Justin
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: you must nnot have flash installed maybe?
[10:03] Douglas Maxwell: Hi Justin, good to see you
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi jcc
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Justin
[10:04] Dutchy Daredevil: will check that later
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: hey Justin some good news
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: i get adobe flash error to
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: i think you or someone might have inadvertantly or possibly purposefully fixed the memory leaking here at Wright Plaza
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: woah
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: not on purpose if from me :)
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: its been running for 2 1/2 days now
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: and im 100% sure i have flash imprudence 1.3.2
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: and with all these people
[10:05] Bri Hasp: hehe 'inadvertain"
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: its showing about 900-1000mb memory on show stats
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: its normally twice this much by now running this long
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: and with this many folks
[10:05] Key Gruin: hiya Spike
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: nice - since when has that changed?
[10:05] Spike Miles: hiya :)
[10:05] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.2 Dev          56dbab3: 2011-10-01 01:26:50 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: we updated on the 1st
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: I didnt do the last updates Dan Banner did
[10:06] Bri Hasp: the RC has been very very stable
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: to be honest im not sure what the heck did it
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt even notice until about 15 minutes ago
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: Will probably go gold on 0.7.2 this friday
[10:06] Bri Hasp: at least on Net it is
[10:06] Dave.Coyle @onefish.coyled.com:8002: great
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya im going to push a new release out today
[10:06] Richardus Raymaker: i hope the TP problems are fixt then
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus, honestly
[10:06] Richardus Raymaker: ducks
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: OSgrid will probably always have TP problems
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: the nature of this network
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: not seen it in this way.
[10:07] Bri Hasp: no TP issues for mine that I've seen
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: it would be very difficult to prevent all issues with TP's
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: its not like all sims on this grid are professionally run or in high speed data centers
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: it most go only wrong when i get a TP request
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: so much experimenting
[10:07] Bri Hasp: mesh work has been wsmooth too
[10:08] Douglas Maxwell: Is there a recommended HW configuration and network profile?
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya been working pretty good for me too
[10:08] Douglas Maxwell: or minimums?
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: not the only one that seems to have more TP problems. thats what i noticed
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: though the latest Developer versions of mesh viewer are crashtastic
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: 3.0.0 seems very stable though
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: 3.0.6 not so much
[10:08] Charlotte Lagan: goodevening
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: its viewer issues though
[10:08] Douglas Maxwell: we've had good luck with Mesh imports, knock on wood
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: douglas: not really - very dificult to judge these things
[10:08] Bri Hasp: but I thinl maybe 3 - 4 users even try mesh building :(
[10:08] HayLee Aura: cries I hate being newbie
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: not much we can do about it
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: though some people do say you really need at least 1 core per region
[10:08] Douglas Maxwell: I understand, each of the sims is different
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: dont worry thats a sl viewer dont touch it
[10:09] Spike Miles: 3.0.0 seems stable for me also for mesh import :)
[10:09] Sarah Kline: same here
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: 3.0.3 crashes occasionally for me on linux, on both opensim and the linden grid
[10:09] Douglas Maxwell: I am deployed in a virtualized environment, so its more like 0.75 cores per region....
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: and if I switch screens it is far more likely to crash out
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: it crashes a lot for me on Windows too Justin
[10:09] Bri Hasp: I use LL 3.. since Kirsten retitred
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: i still mostly use 3.0.0 it almost never crashes
[10:09] Bri Hasp: quit .. rather
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: ppl might be interested to know I updated the mumble ovice module for 0.7.2
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: be carefull what you say nebadon :)
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: and got the client to compile and work on linux
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: nice Justin
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: great
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: now i just need a microphone
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: only works with viewer 1/imprudence still though
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: it builds in Linux now?
[10:10] Douglas Maxwell: I'm very interested. We have mumble channels for various project, but OS is the only one that gives us trouble
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi corn
[10:10] Cornflakes Woodcock: Hello all Is this a private meeting?
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: dpig: in what way?
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: dev meeting
[10:10] Sarah Kline: hello mr cornflakes
[10:10] Cornflakes Woodcock: Hi Rich
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: cornflake: no - public!
[10:11] Cornflakes Woodcock: Cool
[10:11] Cornflakes Woodcock: Did you find anything interesting on my sim yesterday rRich?
[10:12] Douglas Maxwell: Justin, would you recommend waiting until Fri to update our grids?
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: not looked anymore corn. fighting to get linux right as desktop. but it dont see my display right
[10:12] Cornflakes Woodcock: Okey
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: yes. In fact, if you want to be cautious you might want to wait for a while after 0.7.2
[10:12] Sarah Kline: I read SL are going to have NPCs now )
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: sometimes a major bug comes up which is fixed, though I suspect that won't happen this time
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. not good ^
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: yes - that will be interested to see. They are talking about sophisticated pathfinding I think
[10:13] HayLee Aura: hell can you point me in the right direction for bodys and such
[10:13] Douglas Maxwell: we went to 0.7.2 dev a few weeks back on your recommendation and it really helped with our stability
[10:14] Richardus Raymaker: what did you used before ?
[10:14] Sarah Kline: i can give you some LMs Haylee
[10:14] Douglas Maxwell: 0.7.1
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: heh NPC's in SL should be interesting
[10:14] Richardus Raymaker: thats long time ago, cant remeber how that worked :)
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: 0.7.1.1?
[10:14] HayLee Aura: ty
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: see how many Fashion / Pose bots drop off the grid and lower conccurent user levels
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: i bet it is a lot of users
[10:14] Douglas Maxwell: yes, sorry
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, thats good news nebadon
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: yes - 0.7.2 is another step - and has the latest mesh implementation, of course
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: oh yes. i know a storye with 3-5 of them
[10:15] Bri Hasp: is there a technical reason why D2 has not updated to 7.2 ?
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: though I've seen some worrying stuff about corrupt textures
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: bri: I know diva is super-busy atm
[10:15] Bri Hasp: oki
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: and she would probably wait for 0.7.2 to actually be released first anyway
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: justin, i see a bit more the colored texturs back yes. for now only on avatars
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: colored textures?
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: like rainbow pattern?
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: seen once or twice sofar i remebred, the rainbow like textures yes
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: probably a openjpeg issue
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: c'est la vie
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: its likely more a viewer issue would be my guess
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: possible use 1.3.2 1.4 not stable. especially with sound
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: and no, right now on windows
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: any other opensim issues this week?
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: hmm nothing off the top of my head
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: Does anyone have issues with eyes in LL viewer3?
[10:20] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, im empty now. :)
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: the Iris texture?
[10:20] Douglas Maxwell: We'd like to speak to you further about mumble
[10:20] Tainted Heathen666: besides there being none ?
[10:20] Tainted Heathen666: nope
[10:20] Cornflakes Woodcock: I got one but i don't know if this has ben spoken about?
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: on all avatars or just new avatars BlueWall?
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: is that with the 'default' avatar?
[10:20] Cornflakes Woodcock: Animations.
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: My avatar
[10:20] Key Gruin: I never look at my eyes
[10:20] Tainted Heathen666: mine isnt default
[10:21] BlueWall Slade: I have an Iris in Imp
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: douglas: sure, though I'm not the expert. Volker and Neil know more than me
[10:21] Bri Hasp: only when you don't built the Avie
[10:21] Cornflakes Woodcock: I create some objects somtimes with animations
[10:21] Cornflakes Woodcock: But all of a sudden it's stops working
[10:21] Richardus Raymaker: whats a default avatar ? i always make body parts first
[10:21] stiofain nbmcmedia: hi folks
[10:22] BlueWall Slade: there doesn't seem to be a default iris texture
[10:22] Cornflakes Woodcock: Is that a bug?
[10:22] BlueWall Slade: I can look into it
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: hello stiofain
[10:22] Mormo Davies: hi
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: there's a race condition with creating body parts/clothing I believe
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: hello Mormo
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: sometimes it fails. I'm actually fairly sure I know where it lies but I simply haven't had time to investigate
[10:22] Key Gruin: yeah now that you mention it Bluewall
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: hi mormo
[10:22] Mormo Davies: I'm a new player
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: there is now for new avatars
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: hello mo
[10:22] Charlotte Lagan: :)
[10:22] Cornflakes Woodcock: No one?
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: I guess because I have been using the default iris texture
[10:23] Mormo Davies: =)
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: it's under "Default Iris Texture" in the Texture Library folder in OpenSim Library
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: hee key
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: I did use a texture as a test and it was still applied - just not the default one
[10:23] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks. I'll poke around in there a bit to see what's up
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: it's only used for new avatars
[10:24] Douglas Maxwell: Justin, do you think they would want to come to the MOSES office hours and chat with us?
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: probably not - they sound very busy atm
[10:24] Bri Hasp: hasn't the whats default n ruth changed with LL2 / LL3?
[10:24] Douglas Maxwell: we have cookies
[10:24] BlueWall Slade: need milk too :)
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:25] Douglas Maxwell: I'll see what I can do. Congress is getting tight on us these days.
[10:25] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:26] Key Gruin: no Got Milk?
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: bri: it's still ruth, but we actually have to create the body parts/clothing now
[10:26] BlueWall Slade: req. some cows to handle the lawn
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: since viewer 2/3 has no built-in ruth, unlike viewer 1
[10:26] Bri Hasp: yep.. thtas what Ive noticed
[10:27] BlueWall Slade: has anyone looked in the viewer code yet?
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: ironically, I don't have any time to do so at all :)
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: and that's unlikely to change in the near future
[10:27] BlueWall Slade: I got the source and looked in the directories
[10:28] BlueWall Slade: it's a maze so far
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:28] Bri Hasp: maybe we have to act like SL ans assign an Avie to noobs
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not really one of those things you can just look at and understand
[10:28] Mormo Davies: please know you someone that speak french?
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: find the cheese bluewall, find the cheese
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: I hear that it's pretty bad
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: hehe most people cant even get it to compile
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: let alone understand the mess in the code
[10:28] Sarah Kline: oui moi
[10:28] BlueWall Slade: I want to see what is happening in the telehub dept.
[10:29] Charlotte Lagan: oui je parle francais, mais c 'est compliqué pour traduire
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: ya that would be nice to get telehubs working
[10:29] Mormo Davies: cool =)
[10:29] Sarah Kline: new users still landing outside
[10:29] Sarah Kline: i talk to them in im
[10:29] BlueWall Slade: if we can do thos, it shoudl be interesting
[10:29] BlueWall Slade: esp. with HG and osTeleportAgent
[10:29] Bri Hasp: D2 covers that well by the 3 created Avs
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm wondering what the rea,listic sim limit is right now. Thinks seem to be rubberbanding a bit here with 23 main agents
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: almost 30K prims here to...
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: seems ok
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: i think what your seeing is people logging in and out
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: for the main part but jerks a bit for me walking around
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: it will rubberband for a moment everytime someone logs in
[10:30] BlueWall Slade: how long has the next door region been gone?
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: which one BlueWall?
[10:31] BlueWall Slade: the one that had all the flying things
[10:31] Richardus Raymaker: thats the sort of lag i see with a dead neighborn sometimes
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: couple days
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i ended up banning them
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:31] BlueWall Slade: wonder if that has any bearing on the memory issue
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think so
[10:31] BlueWall Slade: they were heavy on particles and spinning things
[10:31] Tainted Heathen666: lovely crash :)
[10:31] Douglas Maxwell: I see memory leaks in our servers
[10:32] Douglas Maxwell: need to periodically restart the sims every 12-14 days
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: 12-14 days is pretty darn good
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: fjustin, i see only sometimes a short hick when you walk..
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: were lucky to get 4 days here
[10:32] Key Gruin: yes it is
[10:32] Douglas Maxwell: I am impressed too, especially with all the varied uses
[10:32] Bri Hasp: very if Linux / mono
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: yeah, that's when I experience a rubber band
[10:32] Douglas Maxwell: We are deployed on Linux, yes
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: this region gets 100's of unique visitors every day though
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, having to restart servers isn't that unusual with commercial gaming stuff either
[10:33] Richardus Raymaker: i stay on linux to, offcorse windows fly more smooth, cant work with it
[10:33] Douglas Maxwell: my entire grid only gets about 100 unique visits, though - this is much higher traffic
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: I have restarted as much as 2x/day
[10:33] Andrew Hellershanks: < fr
[10:33] Bri Hasp: WP has - is very sane of late
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: things are much better now though
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: that was 0.6.9 days
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: heh about a year ago or so, we were restarting Lbsa Plaza probably 6-10 times a day
[10:34] Douglas Maxwell: yes, I recall having lots of stability issues back then
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: now it runs for days
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: hehe
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: 0.6.9 it crashed soemtimes daily. or shorter.
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: we still see the ode crashes
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: btw, intel still need people for bullet testing
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i did a bunch of testing
[10:34] BlueWall Slade: i'll send my neighbors
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: it still needs some major tuning
[10:34] Sarah Kline: will we get shot up?
[10:34] Douglas Maxwell: I'm meeting again with Mic Bowman this month. We'll be deploying DSG upgrades soon
[10:35] Dutchy Daredevil: call e by time Justin for testings
[10:35] Douglas Maxwell: I am going to upgrade our network service first
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: doug: cool - you wil officialy be beyond the bleeding edge?
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[10:35] Douglas Maxwell: the networking killed us with the original DSG deployment
[10:35] Douglas Maxwell: I only have 20Mbs up/down here
[10:36] BlueWall Slade: internal net?
[10:36] BlueWall Slade: ahhh
[10:36] Andrew Hellershanks: The one object I have that uses physics which I would like to see working is a firework object
[10:36] Douglas Maxwell: no, internal is GigE
[10:36] Douglas Maxwell: when external users would connect and look at the 700 avatars running about, our network would crawl
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting
[10:36] Sarah Kline: lol neb
[10:36] Douglas Maxwell: it looks like a DDoS
[10:37] BlueWall Slade: it would be interesting to see what Intel does
[10:37] BlueWall Slade: <as far as network provisions>
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: lol thats becasue 700 users is pretty much a DDoS with OpenSim
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: nice duaglas 20 up
[10:37] Bri Hasp: more like cement Neb
[10:37] Spike Miles: silly walk XD
[10:38] Douglas Maxwell: we are upgrading to 60 up/down this quarter and redo the testing
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: we need the ability to crash regions from under users and slide a running instance under them
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: pff, very difficult with the udp protocol
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: still :)
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: i have already problem to crahs a sim :P
[10:38] Tainted Heathen666: hmm
[10:38] Douglas Maxwell: Bluewall - isn't that where the frogmen live?
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:39] BlueWall Slade: I think I remember Dan saying that they could almost do it
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, that would be new
[10:40] BlueWall Slade: something about the viewer and the running session
[10:41] BlueWall Slade: I think he said the viewer could be tricked into thinking that the user teleported
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya i imagine DSG is one step closer to that
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: oh god, don't start telling me about tricking the viewer
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: that way madness lies
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: might get tricky on the viewer side
[10:41] BlueWall Slade: hehe, yeah
[10:42] stiofain nbmcmedia: i wanted to ask would it be ok to put the osgrid signup form for new users on our own website just to save ppl an extra click?
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: i dont see how that would be possible stiofain
[10:42] BlueWall Slade: I remember looking at some of the old code for the multiplexed region stuff once and it looked like they might have been going for something like that for crash recovery.
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: none of that suff ever worked
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: afaik
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: yeah, I thihnk
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: at least it wasn't publicly used.
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: And I think I ripped out the last traces of it just yesterday....
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:44] BlueWall Slade: that's good
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: any other topics?
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I tell you what, running viewer 3 on my linux box positively eats memory
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, dont drown in the bits.
[10:45] Charlotte Lagan: Uhmm, sorry to interrupt
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: please go on, Charlotte
[10:46] Charlotte Lagan: why would you want to crash a region ?
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: to make tools or test it to see it comes back automatic
[10:46] BlueWall Slade: what we were talking about was DSG - an Intel project
[10:46] Sarah Kline: to see how much it can take
[10:46] Gennifer Eros: Hello all
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Gennifer
[10:46] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Gennifer
[10:46] Jess Relait: HI Gennifer and all
[10:46] BlueWall Slade: it can use multiple servers
[10:46] Spike Sol: Ello Genni
[10:46] Andrew Hellershanks: Has anyone signed up with the CLA thing yet?
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Jess
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: no
[10:46] Jess Relait: Hi Justin
[10:46] Spike Miles: hiya Gennifer :)
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: what you mean Signed up?
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: apart from core members
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: new devs?
[10:47] Richardus Raymaker: CLA ?
[10:47] BlueWall Slade: so - if you have a region that is getting loaded, then you coul dcrash it out from under the current users and slide a larger running insance under them
[10:47] Richardus Raymaker: aha
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: I think crash it out would be the wrong terminology :)
[10:47] BlueWall Slade: a way to dynamicaly scale a region
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: that kind of things is really complicated
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: sort of Like Load Balancing
[10:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, the 6 month reetriction on development has been lifted as they now have an agreement that you can sign.
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: hehe, it does soud pretty harsh
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: yes andrew i have seen. but CLA where new word
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: migrate running session to another intance -how's that?
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: I was on the phone yesterday with Maxwell Graf from SL
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: after the LL Mesh meeting
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: you would have to pause the instance entirely
[10:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, Ah. I think that is how it was referenced in an email
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: the big topic was the Parametric Deformer Jira
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: LL put the discussion off for another 2 weeks
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: but they sound open to it
[10:49] Spike Sol: good evening Ladys and Gentlemen
[10:49] BlueWall Slade: hi Spike
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: hello spike
[10:49] Dave.Coyle @onefish.coyled.com:8002: neb: that's good to hear
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: I did a skype conference with Max and another guy from SL for about an hour after the meeting
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm not even going to ask what a parametric deformer is
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: they are going to start a kickstarter project
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: to raise 5000$ USD to pay ex Carl Linden to implement it
[10:50] BlueWall Slade: so clothing can fit an avatar of different sizes
[10:50] Sarah Kline: wow
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: or Qarl?
[10:50] Dave.Coyle @onefish.coyled.com:8002: implement it where?
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: i forget how it spells it
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: in the viewer
[10:50] Jusden Jonstone: i was that other guy you did the skype conference call with max, neb
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: its a viewer side thing
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: oh hey
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: lolz
[10:50] Jusden Jonstone: hey :)
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: well hey there Jusden
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: did qarl estimate 5000 USD?
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: implement what ? dynamic regions ?
[10:51] Jusden Jonstone: yes qarl estimated the 5000USD
[10:51] Gennifer Eros: Hello again devil
[10:51] Justin Clark-Casey: psssh, cheap :)
[10:51] Sarah Kline: no its so sliders can alter mesh clothing
[10:51] stiofain nbmcmedia: @neb do u mean not allowed or not doable? i just copied the form fields and left the post to osgrid and it works no prob
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: well since your here why dont you talk about what your plan is
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:51] Jusden Jonstone: well actually its more Maxwell Graf's plan as he got the discussion going with qarl
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:52] Jusden Jonstone: and then max asked me about how to best go about implementing it viewer side
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya Max seems pretty determined to get it done
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: its a real motivated guy, always has been
[10:52] Sarah Kline: his argument is convincing
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: don't you almost have to make the avatar with the clothing now?
[10:53] Jusden Jonstone: the idea is essentially to have qarl implement it using LL snowstorm code such that then any TPV could implement in there version of v2/v3
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: LL seemed 50/50 on the subject matter at the mesh meeting
[10:53] Sarah Kline: grr missed that meeting must have been lively
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: i have a feeling LL wants to implement it using Havok libraries
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: which would sorta be bad for OpenSim
[10:53] Dave.Coyle @onefish.coyled.com:8002: ( background for anyone who has no idea what we're talking about: http://rusticahomefurnishings.blogspot.com/2011/09/mesh-jira-sh-2374-downgraded-to-maybe.html )
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, another thing that cna't go in open-source viewers
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully Qarl can work it out not using anything from havok
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: that would be pretty good
[10:53] Douglas Maxwell: I need to run - thank you for your help everyone. Be good
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: anyway once the Kickstarter project is up
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: bye doug
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: i'll post the details
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: anyone who has the means can donate a few bucks
[10:54] Sarah Kline: great
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: help get things rolling
[10:54] BlueWall Slade: if the 5K is coming from users, then it should
[10:54] Jusden Jonstone: yes that would be great
[10:54] BlueWall Slade: if LL pays, then maybe use Havok
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: and if you havent already
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: vote on that Jira
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: details are in the link Dave posted above
[10:55] Jusden Jonstone: even if LL uses havok libraries as i suspect they will do to implement the feature any solution qarl develops still could be useful in opensim etc
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: its a win / win either way
[10:55] Jusden Jonstone: nods
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: jusden: true to some extent, though it's far better if the code can also be included in tpvs
[10:55] Richardus Raymaker: i heared someone complaining about mesh clothinbg problems yes
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:55] Andrew Hellershanks: I need to head out a bit early. Cat is making a fuss since another family member went out for a while.
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: I think LL is just trying to do the easiest and cheapest path
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: which is use some predone havok stuff
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, that makes sense
[10:55] Sarah Kline: bye andrew
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: but i have no doubt if someone did the work for LL they would look at it
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, everyone.
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: and consider using it
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki