Chat log from the meeting on 2011-08-23

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 15:21, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[10:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: takes to long to find cnn on tv.
[10:05 AM]  Dutchy Daredevil has entered chat range (3.0m)
[10:05 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu has entered chat range (19.9m)
[10:05 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks has entered chat range (20.0m)
[10:05 AM]  Master Dubrovna has entered chat range (19.9m)
[10:05 AM]  Void Pipe has entered chat range (20.0m)
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi has entered chat range (19.9m)
[10:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker has entered chat range (19.5m)
[10:05 AM]  VivK Lowlag has entered chat range (19.8m)
[10:05 AM]  SinSeer.Discordia has entered chat range (20.0m)
[10:05 AM]  Nalates Urriah has entered chat range (19.8m)
[10:05 AM]  SinSeer.Discordia
[10:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[10:05 AM]  SinSeer.Discordia first report from cnn i think
[10:05 AM]  SinSeer.Discordia but not much info heh
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: all the phones are out
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: crazy
[10:05 AM]  Master Dubrovna: Update at 2p.m. ET: Reuters reports a 6.2 magnitude earthquake centered near Mineral, Va., rocked the mid-Atlantic states and was felt as far north at Manhattan and as far south as North Carolina.
[10:05 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu: It's starting to show up in news stuff on GOogle now
[10:05 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi richardus, folks
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: my dad said it lasted 30 seconds
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: and he was in New Jersey
[10:05 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: ok. if the network get screwed tonight we know nwhy
[10:05 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: many miles away
[10:06 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: said they had plants in the house swinging
[10:06 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu: Probably more bedrock going up towards New York area than down to here.
[10:06 AM]  Sarah Kline has entered chat range (9.6m)
[10:08 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Pentgon being evaculated
[10:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: heh sorry little distracted
[10:08 AM]  Sarah Kline: hello everyone
[10:08 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: np, I'm in the UK so first I've heard about this
[10:08 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: hello sarah
[10:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it literally just happend
[10:08 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: just as meeting was starting
[10:08 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: First I'm hearing about it too. :-)
[10:09 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[10:09 AM]  Sarah Kline: cyrus vance was starting his conference and everything shook
[10:09 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[10:09 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: scary stuff for sure
[10:10 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu: That'as the deadly thing about the east coast. There's tons of rock and earthquakes travel very well.
[10:10 AM]  Nalates Urriah:
[10:11 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Richardus
[10:11 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: heh so what else is going on
[10:11 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks tries to remember the channel number for CNN
[10:11 AM]  Sarah Kline: not even on google yet lol
[10:11 AM]  Nalates Urriah: try Twitter
[10:12 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu: Search for virginia earthquake
[10:12 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu: There's stuff in the news results
[10:12 AM]  Sarah Kline: k
[10:12 AM]  Nalates Urriah: #earthquake works
[10:12 AM]  BlueWall Slade has entered chat range (10.0m)
[10:13 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Ryan Lawrence 
I thought my upstairs neighbor invited an elephant over to play with her dog
[10:13 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: so Justin you pinged me yesterday didnt get it until you were gong
[10:13 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: gone*
[10:13 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: whats going on?
[10:14 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: CNN reports it was a 5.9 that hit Virginia
[10:14 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I was just going to ask you something. It can wait
[10:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ok well no worries
[10:14 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: brb
[10:14 AM]  Nebadon Izumi whispers: im ready when you are :)
[10:15 AM]  Nalates Urriah: How is the NPC stuff going?
[10:15 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: Nalates I just discovered an oversight when it comes to npc attachments
[10:15 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: which unfortunatley is going to be a pain to resolve
[10:15 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Bummer
[10:15 AM]  Puppet.Monster has entered chat range (19.8m)
[10:15 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: what did you find Justin
[10:15 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Do we know work-around?
[10:15 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: the npcs still use the item ids from the original clone
[10:15 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks has entered chat range (10.2m)
[10:16 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: so if the original avatar changes the avatar pos it also changes when you next rez the saved npc appearance. urgh
[10:16 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: the trouble it it's all tied in with the item system, which npcs don't have
[10:16 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ah ya
[10:16 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: that makes sense
[10:16 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: and so is the code, which is a massiv epita
[10:16 AM]  Nalates Urriah: sounds like
[10:16 AM]  Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:17 AM]  sim core has entered chat range (15.9m)
[10:17 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: it's fixable
[10:17 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: Earthquake was felt in DC, NY, OH, NC, Martha's Vineyard, and Toronto.
[10:17 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi sim
[10:17 AM]  sim core: Greets, Richardua and everyone!
[10:17 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: btw I tried your rock but it was fine for me
[10:17 AM]  sim core: *Richardus
[10:17 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: I think you are experiencing some meshing race condition
[10:18 AM]  Mell.Gothly has entered chat range (19.9m)
[10:18 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i think right now its fine for me to. need to recheck. maby last version fixt it
[10:18 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: and how is the race condition created ?
[10:18 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: i fI knew that I would fix it :)
[10:18 AM]  Dahlia Trimble has entered chat range (14.1m)
[10:18 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: possible the sculpt texture isn't properly loaded when the mesher wants to mesh
[10:18 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: fully loaded, that is
[10:19 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:19 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[10:19 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[10:19 AM]  Sarah Kline: hi Dahlia
[10:19 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Dos it make any diff which viewer uploads the mesh?
[10:20 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: in this case it's actually a sculpt
[10:20 AM]  Nalates Urriah: oops sorry
[10:20 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: so no, since everything uploads sculpts the same way
[10:20 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: anyway, a race would almost certanly not be a viewer issue
[10:20 AM]  sim core: ( Many sculpts seem to cause me some kind of difficulties indeed!
[10:21 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: maby thats why LL dont do meshing. :O
[10:21 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: is the resolution low on them?
[10:21 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: there are problems with sculpt that have atleast 1 dimension thats 32px
[10:21 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: you need 64x64px
[10:22 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: minimum
[10:22 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its a problem with OpenJpeg decoding
[10:22 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: which means physics wont work right
[10:22 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: cant see. dont have the map
[10:22 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: that could be the issue
[10:22 AM]  Nalates Urriah: So, in OS all the sculpty maps need to be min 64x64?
[10:22 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:22 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: i want to make new rocks btw. as soon i know the program better
[10:23 AM]  Sarah Kline: any more data than that is wasted
[10:23 AM]  sim core: :-J Good to know, thanks Nebadon
[10:23 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: btw, I put in a possible fix for the "inconsistent attachments" problem but that whole area of code is a mess
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: I saw that
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: havent had a chance to update yet
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: will soon though
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: not that i have any way to test
[10:24 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: you mean the plazas?
[10:24 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: you should ve ableo to sue smaller than 64x64 but there may be some discrepancies in plane mode compared to viewer
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i have not seen that occur in ages
[10:24 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:25 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: *use
[10:25 AM]  Sarah Kline: I have not had a problem since
[10:25 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: I think one cause is when one attempts to attach an object with a corrupt asset
[10:25 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: it seems some ppl see it a lot
[10:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: well i have found that OpenJPeg has trouble with 32pixel textures
[10:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: any viewer that uses OpenJpeg
[10:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the texture gets distored
[10:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: distorted*
[10:25 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: I think there might be an OpenJpeg dll update
[10:25 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: would not suprise me
[10:26 AM]  UUID Speaker: Penny Doyle: 2c78d33d-6dd2-4c3f-99c5-97ba70c2291d
[10:26 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its been a while since we updated that
[10:26 AM]  UUID Speaker: Penny Doyle: 2c78d33d-6dd2-4c3f-99c5-97ba70c2291d
[10:26 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: the current openjpeg doesnt decode alpha layers properly for sculpties
[10:26 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ah so sculpties with that security layer could be a problem then
[10:26 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: yep
[10:27 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: security?
[10:27 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: Oh, phooey!
[10:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:27 AM]  Adelle Fitzgerald is Online
[10:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: some people put an alpha layer
[10:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: so you can not screenshot the sculpty map on the object tab
[10:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: on the prim tools
[10:27 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: And I was just starting to do that with my sculpty textures
[10:27 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: huh
[10:27 AM]  Sarah Kline: lol what are those doing in osg?
[10:27 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: bad idea if you want sculptie physics
[10:27 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: justin, hang on... i'll find you a link for that.
[10:27 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya its silly in OpenSim to do that
[10:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: unless you plan on not havinv the sculpty leave your sim
[10:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: then it makes sense
[10:28 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: one might just be porting stuff straight from sl
[10:28 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if your sharing the objects, its silly
[10:28 AM]  Sarah Kline: yep usually you do it if your paranoid
[10:28 AM]  Penny Doyle has entered chat range (20.0m)
[10:28 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: Adding protection to sculpt maps -->
[10:28 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: it will probably migrate to neighboring region caches when viewerd by epople in neighboring sims
[10:28 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: *viewed
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i was told that doesnt happen
[10:29 AM]  Sarah Kline: its more an SL thing
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: I think Justin said that didnt happen
[10:29 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: oh ok
[10:29 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: I thought it sis
[10:29 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: did
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the viewer might get it though
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but it probably wouldnt be that easy to find it
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: textures are really hard to fully protect
[10:29 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: Ive seen textures in my cache from neighboring sims
[10:29 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: its sort of a waste of time
[10:30 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it will stay in the source sims since it's the child agents that fetch
[10:30 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: the root agent can't fetch things outside its sim
[10:30 AM]  Dixie Love has entered chat range (16.6m)
[10:30 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: Im not sure the viewer is smart enough to know which sim to ask for the asset
[10:30 AM]  Nalates Urriah: If someone wants a texture they get an OpenGL debugger and collect them.
[10:30 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: that's a good point
[10:30 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the root agent would be a child though
[10:30 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: in all the nieghbors
[10:31 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: if it just asks through the root agent for all assets then you would see it in the root region asset cache
[10:31 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: even if the thing is in a neighbour
[10:32 AM]  OtakuMegane Desu has entered chat range (7.4m)
[10:32 AM]  Nalates Urriah: How is Bullet doing?
[10:32 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: not been much if any progress in the last few weeks
[10:32 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: most viewers dont snow the sculptie map if you dont have permission to change it
[10:32 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but we'll probably see some updates soon
[10:32 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: but if someone wants it, theres plenty of ways to get it
[10:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya its almost impossible to fully protect a texture
[10:33 AM]  Nalates Urriah: \o/ I asked some questions in the forum but no answers. Is it rady for use or not yet?
[10:33 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: It will just stop those who don't know how to get around things.
[10:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: at best your just blocking screenshot
[10:33 AM]  Puppet.Monster has entered chat range (17.7m)
[10:33 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: hopefully we have full mesh soon
[10:34 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i heard yesterday that LL has moved all of SL forward
[10:34 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the entire Grid is now mesh enabled
[10:34 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: SL started mesh today grid wide
[10:34 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: the servers are updated but not the viewer yet?
[10:34 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: viewer is updated too
[10:34 AM]  VivK Lowlag: Dutchy please stop with the friend offers
[10:34 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: the sl v3 viwer has the mesh upload capability?
[10:34 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: beta viewer
[10:34 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: still waiting for a viewer
[10:34 AM]  Nalates Urriah: I'm looking into that all regions enabled. The code rolled. I'm not sure it is enabled in all regions yet.
[10:34 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: :))
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Nalates it will be today
[10:35 AM]  Dahlia Trimble: Im wearing a mesh avie in SL right now
[10:35 AM]  Sarah Kline: they seemed to say last night it muight be this week
[10:35 AM]  Alf Hawker has entered chat range (16.3m)
[10:35 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Justein, yes I'm using 3.0.2 and it has it. I think the 3.0.0 has it too.
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: on a bad news Note
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: since 3.0.1
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i have not been able to log into my mesh sim
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: it just crashes the viewer
[10:35 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: if i log into a sim with no mesh or is emtpy though its fine
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i can even upload new mesh no problem
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but anything uploaded between 2.8 and 3.0.0
[10:36 AM]  Sarah Kline: i have had probs too...its a video driver thing i think
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: seems to crash 3.0.1+
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i tried 3.0.3 last night
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya i dont know what to think
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: thing is Sarah
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i do not crash in SL
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: only OpenSIm
[10:36 AM]  Sarah Kline: nvidia
[10:36 AM]  BlueWall Slade: Nebadon, is it particular meshes that cause it?
[10:36 AM]  Sarah Kline: ah
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:36 AM]  Sarah Kline: i had probs with 3.0 also
[10:36 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i have about 13 or 14 meshes lisolated
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: isolated*
[10:37 AM]  Sarah Kline: i went back to developer verion
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: but ya i went back for now too
[10:37 AM]  Nalates Urriah: There is a driver/OpenGL glitch that LL is working on. A number of people have had to roll back their driver versions. But, I haven;t heard that mesh was crashing them.
[10:37 AM]  Sarah Kline: version*
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: waiting to see if the viewer improves
[10:37 AM]  BlueWall Slade: if you upload new versions of them, then it's ok?
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: before getting to drastic
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i didnt go that far yet BlueWall
[10:37 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, need to wait to see if it's a viewer issue
[10:37 AM]  Sarah Kline: its a viewer issue
[10:37 AM]  BlueWall Slade: ohh, hello everybody - I was on a phone call.
[10:37 AM]  Nalates Urriah: The working version for nVidia is 260.99
[10:37 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: Hello :)
[10:37 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, what I'm reading is that SL is supporting mesh in main grid but only in some regions as a trial.
[10:38 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: Hi BlueWall
[10:38 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ah so its the new drivers?
[10:38 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hi bluewall
[10:38 AM]  BlueWall Slade: I think they (LL) are deploying mesh to the whole grid, so it shoudl be pretty stable form now on.
[10:38 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: my drivers are newer than 260.99
[10:38 AM]  dan banner has entered chat range (16.3m)
[10:38 AM]  Andrew Hellershanks:
[10:38 AM]  Richardus Raymaker: hmm still on 195
[10:38 AM]  Sarah Kline: 260.99 WHQL are meant to be ok if you roll back to them
[10:38 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i am on 280.26
[10:38 AM]  Majnoon John has entered chat range (19.9m)
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll try that
[10:39 AM]  Nalates Urriah: Everything over 260.99 is causing some people problems. Others can use the newest. So, it is the video driver OpenGL combination I suspect
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: ok thats good to know
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i hope that is it
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: i'll test after the meeting
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: the 3.0.0 viewer works fine
[10:39 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: 3.0.1 i have not once been able to log into my Mesh Sandbox Reticulation
[10:40 AM]  Majnoon John: wow most people seen in one place :)
[10:40 AM]  Justin Clark-Casey: any thing in the viewer log?
[10:40 AM]  Nebadon Izumi: nothing that made any sense to me

... At this point the sim crashed with the following exception

18:40:47 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: srcOffset
  at System.Buffer.BlockCopy (System.Array src, Int32 srcOffset, System.Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count) [0x000b7] in /home/osgrid/install/mono2104/mono-2.10.4/mcs/class/corlib/System/Buff
  at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.ReadAll () [0x00183] in /home/osgrid/install/mono2104/mono-2.10.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnectionStream.cs:263
  at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.CheckResponseInBuffer () [0x0002f] in /home/osgrid/install/mono2104/mono-2.10.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnectionStream.cs:124
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebConnectionStream:CheckResponseInBuffer ()
  at System.Net.WebConnection.ReadDone (IAsyncResult result) [0x001bc] in /home/osgrid/install/mono2104/mono-2.10.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:486

Application is terminating: True

... This could be a mono 2.10.4 issue.

[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: heh guess eh crashed again
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: you seem to be stuck as a cloud today Justin
[10:52] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey switches to an old viewer 2 beta
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: was I a cloud before?
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: you have been a cloud the entire meeting for me
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: oh
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: there you are
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: yes, a bright pink in my Kirstens
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: the wright plaza console certainly goes like buggery
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: i call that "Normal"
[10:53] Nalates Urriah: and Imprudence now... can't remember which viewer I'm in... sad
[10:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Thanks, dan.
[10:54] dan banner: yw
[10:54] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks rarely makes batch scripts for Windows
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: oh you need one for windows?
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: that one is linux
[10:55] Richardus Raymaker: try to write a tool for windows. but now on the hard point. lol. need to puzzle a bit
[10:55] AnnaKarenina Tolstoy: Hiya Maxim
[10:55] Dixie Love: Nina?
[10:55] Dixie Love: Is that you?
[10:56] AnnaKarenina Tolstoy: Yes
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, oh. ok. np. yeah, I run regions under Windows in the grids I'm involved with.
[10:56] dan banner: problem with crashes in windows it pops that stupid box up asking if it should send a report
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Should be easy to do same in Windows
[10:56] dan banner: hi nina
[10:56] dan banner: upstairs
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: dan, yah, thats a pain
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: actually, I wonder if anybody ever does see those HttpServer errors in windows
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: any idea?
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: i first need to find a way to crash a region. would be handy with testing
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Justin
[10:57] BlueWall Slade: this region with all the content + avatars + neighbors is probably pushing the edsges a little
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i dont have any windows servers
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: the only place I ever see that happen is here
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, just wondering if you head nay reports
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: not seen it happen on any other plazas
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: absolutely, which is why it's so valuable :)
[10:58] Richardus Raymaker: but yes, that popup window. forgot that one to.
[10:58] BlueWall Slade: yes
[10:58] BlueWall Slade: has anyone been able to see if diva kept the changes to the http server in her repo ?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: i personally have not head anyone else report the issue
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: seems to be isolated to here at Wright Plaza for me
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: changes to the http server?
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ok. perhaps it is mono
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: I think she made some changes a few months ago
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: all the plazas are running mono 2.10.4 now
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: I hope all changes are in the opensim-libs svn repo
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: if not, we would have to ask her direct
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: where is that?
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: you can btw disable the debugger , so the window dont appear. but not sofar for that
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: is it on the opensim sercver?
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: *server
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: 2.10.4 already ? hmm thats fast
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i was expecting 2.12 by now honestly
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: they seem to be dragging their feet
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall:
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: Attachmate fireing everyone though caused some setbacks
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: that repo is a mit of a mess
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: sometimes I really wish this was all in java
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: hehehe
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: even if it's not as nice a language as c#
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: at least the jvms are extremely well tested
[11:02] BlueWall Slade: we would probably have other issues, lol
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: I doubt it
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: anyway, that's all academic
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go and work out what the hell to do about this npc attachment issue
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: ohh
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: the attachments
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh well just look at Open Wonderland
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: its horrid
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: nothing to do with java
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: have you run across things related to llAttach/Detach in there?
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: horrid is a bit strong :) I think they're v popular with education people
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: no, but I hear bad things about those
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i just can not imagine why
[11:04] Nalates Urriah: Just add a popup that says one has to be nude to save an NPC
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: the attachments code is a mess
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: it has some good stuff, like sound cones
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: I dug in there about a year ago
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: made my head spin
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: of course just my own personal opinion and experience with it
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: I got them th half work in 0.6.9
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: you mean the ll attachment functions are broken?
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: last time I checked, yes
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: urgh
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: 1 sec
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: ahh, never mind
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: my other session is dead
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I'm off now. See you guys later
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: I'll make a check and tell you in IRC
[11:05] Nalates Urriah: bye Justine
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: see you Justin, give a shout you need anything
[11:06] Spike Sol: Hello everyone together
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks! take care
[11:06] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey waves
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Cya, Justing
[11:06] Sarah Kline: bye
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: -g
Personal tools
About This Wiki