Chat log from the meeting on 2010-10-26

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 18:47, 3 March 2012 by MakoBot (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

[17:24] Dream Catcher is Online
[17:26] Dorothea Lundquist is Offline
[17:27] Gennifer Eros is Online
[17:28] Script saved
[17:35] Lalinda Perhaps is Online
[17:35] Entering god mode, level 255
[17:36] Gennifer Eros is Offline
[17:39] Dream Catcher is Offline
[17:41] Dream Catcher is Online
[17:41] Key Gruin is Offline
[17:43] Key Gruin is Online
[17:47] Penny Lane is Online
[17:54] paulie Flomar is Online
[17:56] Playing: psilodump - leaves morphyk
[17:56] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[17:57] Playing: media_error.320k
[18:01] BlueWall Slade: Hey Nebadon - Fly Man
[18:01] Fly Man: Hey Blue
[18:01] Lurch Swindlehurst: ach Klassentreffen hier?
[18:01] Nebadon Izumi: hello everyone
[18:02] Bri Hasp: ciao one n all
[18:02] Lurch Swindlehurst: Klassentreffen hier?
[18:02] BlueWall Slade: Hi Bri
[18:02] Playing: GoOn / Muttonheads records - open your mind
[18:02] Friendly Harbour: hello everyone
[18:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Lots of people here. Must be Tuesday. :-)
[18:02] Bri Hasp: neb just watched a youtube Hail in Phoenix... amazin
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: it was crazy
[18:03] Penny Lane: Hey peeps :-)
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: i thought the world was ending
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Penny
[18:03] Teravus Ousley is Online
[18:03] Bri Hasp: scary
[18:03] Penny Lane: How goes Andrew?
[18:04] Nebadon Izumi: heh man mass logins are terrible
[18:04] WhiteStar Magic: phew,,, arrived in one piece
[18:04] WhiteStar Magic: Good Day everyone
[18:04] BlueWall Slade: Hi WS
[18:04] Adelle Fitzgerald: hello WS, all :)
[18:04] Bri Hasp: huggers WS
[18:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, WS
[18:05] Kitsune.Kyomoon hm stuck
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya hopefully it comes back
[18:05] Armin Weatherwax is Online
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: its trying one logins settle it probably will
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: there it goes
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: like 15 people all logged in at the same moment
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:05] Armin Weatherwax: hi :)
[18:06] BlueWall Slade: Hi Armin
[18:06] Bri Hasp: hehe tell peeps to use Hippo for login.. keep the count low
[18:06] WhiteStar Magic: better with the Logging quietened down too though, recovers faster it seems
[18:06] Gennifer Eros is Offline
[18:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya its a bit better for sure
[18:06] Gennifer Eros is Online
[18:06] Richardus Raymaker: Yuck, jippo
[18:06] Nebadon Izumi: give it a second it will settle down
[18:06] Nebadon Izumi: cam to a seat and sit
[18:06] mat mahogany: okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkay
[18:07] Penny Lane: Something's happened ... OSgrid looks utterly stunning in the latest Impy weekly, gorgeous smooth coloring, very saturated (perhaps unreal, but lovely). You all look brilliant. :-)
[18:07] WhiteStar Magic: Log4Net can be like Oil through a Coffee Filter
[18:07] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[18:07] Nebadon Izumi: ive been doing a lot of work to adjust the lighting on the plazas
[18:07] Mojito Sorbet: It isn't all rezzed for me yet
[18:07] Nebadon Izumi: so it looks good in V2 viewer
[18:07] Penny Lane: SL still looks like crap though. Is this Lightshare?
[18:07] Bri Hasp: yeah looks super
[18:07] mat mahogany: i saw lbsa is nice and misty
[18:07] Nebadon Izumi: no Penny this is standard
[18:07] Mojito Sorbet: The new Impy has not crashed for me (yet)
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: <no suprise for you> I just found out yesterday that linux really sucks. so bye bye for linux
[18:08] WhiteStar Magic: SL will always look like that Penny... LOL
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: if your stuck at landing point just cam upstairs
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: and sit
[18:08] Mojito Sorbet: Linux sucks less than the alternatives
[18:08] Armin Weatherwax: yay Moj
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: run my 4 region on serverat hom windos and no lag
[18:08] Penny Lane: Lbsa looked really nice just now, gorgeous lighting on the seats
[18:08] Gennifer Eros is Offline
[18:08] Playing: 4tthieves - dreamflight
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya Lbsa has lightshare set
[18:08] Penny Lane: WhiteStar: hehe, you're probably right
[18:08] Mojito Sorbet: I will go back there later. Do I have to do something to enable LightSabre?
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: I havent played with it here yet
[18:09] Mojito Sorbet: LightSHare?
[18:09] Justin Clark-Casey: hi folks
[18:09] WhiteStar Magic: I wonder when LL will try to pillage LightShare and implement it on their systems, People have only been asking for it since 2005
[18:09] Teravus Ousley isn't currently able to wear anything.. so stays cloudlike for a while.
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[18:09] BlueWall Slade: it will be nice when we can have lightshare, lightmaps and mesh all in one viewer :)
[18:09] Fly Man: Wow, Justin is NOT on holiday ;) ?
[18:09] Penny Lane: Hi Justin
[18:09] Bri Hasp: g'morn JCC
[18:09] Justin Clark-Casey: I know, rare eh?
[18:09] Gennifer Eros is Online
[18:09] BlueWall Slade: Hi Justin
[18:09] Fly Man: Justin, rare ;)
[18:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Mojito, its some sort of enhanced lighting system for OS IIRC.
[18:09] Mojito Sorbet: I mean, in my viewer
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: its under Advanced
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: in preferences
[18:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Supports things like Global Illumination and some other things.
[18:10] Richardus Raymaker: hi all (to keep short)
[18:10] Mojito Sorbet: ah, ok
[18:10] Snoopy Pfeffer is Offline
[18:10] WhiteStar Magic: LightShare allows a Region to send Windlight Settings to the Viewer for More Envirnmental Control
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: Allow Region Windlgiht setting (lightshare)
[18:10] Mojito Sorbet: I found it
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: set it to always
[18:10] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: thats what i use
[18:10] Richardus Raymaker: sorry moj, but windows server works nice and smooth
[18:10] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[18:10] WhiteStar Magic: Top of the Day JCC
[18:10] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: i remade the couch here
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: little more comfy now :)
[18:11] Bri Hasp: (bounces) yup
[18:11] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:11] Penny Lane: Heated seats, thanks Neb :P
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: ive been doing a little bit of cleanup on Wright Plaza and Lbsa Plaza
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: put some new plants out here
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: im gonna make these plants available in my store here soon
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: just have not had the time yet
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: cool plants neb
[18:12] Penny Lane: Yeah, those are nice
[18:12] WhiteStar Magic: These sofa's still need a massage script to calm agitated avatars
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: new_plants_01.png
[18:12] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, Do you have an LM for your store that you can pass me?
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: new_plants_02.png
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: new_plants_03.png
[18:12] Friendly Harbour: hehe
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: new_plants_04.png
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: that is the whole collection
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: or like someone side, prison sim. for bad ones
[18:12] Andrew Hellershanks: I would have checked profile picks but its not there
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: just gotta pack em up
[18:12] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya we are working on porting everyones profiles over
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: from 0.6.9 grid
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: should be this week i hope
[18:13] Bri Hasp: ohhh not looked
[18:13] Richardus Raymaker: OMG, did you robbed a garden center neb ?
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: so best to hold off right now on setting new profile
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: it will just get reset
[18:13] Katronix Serf: So will profiles be part of .7 again soon?
[18:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Oh, right. I'm almost finished the README for ossearch. I'll get that commited soon then I'll be commiting the other pending changes for osprofile.
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: heh i found some nice plant models on the web
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: that are Creative Commons
[18:14] Andrew Hellershanks: After that I'll finish up the Classifieds part of osprofile
[18:14] mat mahogany: nice plants neb
[18:14] Fly Man: Andrew, isn't it ready yet :P ?
[18:14] WhiteStar Magic: Kirsten apparently released her first Viewer with Mesh Support now
[18:14] Fly Man: You have been working on them for ages now ;)
[18:14] Playing: iermoc - dole
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya i heard someone mention Kirstens viewer
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: thats cool, glad someone is playing with it
[18:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Fly: I told myself to not do anything more on osprofile until I do the doc work for ossearch. I just haven't felt like working on the doc that much so it delayed things.
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: I attended the LL Mesh Meeting yesterday
[18:14] mat mahogany: sorry need to fly
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: they claim the opensource Mesh code is broken
[18:15] Bri Hasp: i have since kLee started the v2 venture
[18:15] Justin Clark-Casey: in what way?
[18:15] WhiteStar Magic: seems that JHurliman has a solution for the LL HoldBack resulting from their use of the HAVOC stuff
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: but a new Mesh viewer is coming next monday
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: they just said they rushed it out
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: because of demand
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: figured it was better to have broken source then no source
[18:15] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[18:15] Penny Lane: Oh, what's Hurli saying WhiteStar?
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: they are working hard to get it right
[18:15] Andrew Hellershanks: Its still impressive what can be done with meshes as it stands now
[18:15] Hiro Protagonist: actually I agree with that posture
[18:16] Hiro Protagonist: I think it was fairly big of them to do it
[18:16] Bri Hasp: James !!!! :)
[18:16] WhiteStar Magic: Just somthing that flew past in #openmetaverse
[18:16] Hiro Protagonist: Hey Bri ;)
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully the new beta this monday is a little better
[18:16] Justin Clark-Casey: is 100-200 agent updates per sec usual?
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: my understanding is that even on LL grid uploading mesh+textures combined is broken
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: lots of people were complaining about that
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: and also complaining about Physics Hulls killing uploads
[18:17] Andrew Hellershanks: Seems their new way of doing things code wise really has been put in place with that 2 week release cycle
[18:17] Justin Clark-Casey: is it just me or is the floor completely grey in here?
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: no looks ok
[18:17] Andrew Hellershanks: Its just you
[18:17] Bri Hasp: you
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: let me force update
[18:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: 1 sec
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: this should fix
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: there ya go
[18:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ah yeah, there we go
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:17] Andrew Hellershanks: How do you force an update of objects?
[18:17] Teravus Ousley: no, that's a lot of agent updates per second if we're all sitting down.
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: type "force update" on console
[18:17] Andrew Hellershanks: ah
[18:17] Justin Clark-Casey: if I get time, I'm going to try and look at efficiency on friday, maybe merge mic's appearance changes in
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya login lag was horrid today
[18:18] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it's really beginning to annoy me :)
[18:18] WhiteStar Magic: HERE from the LOGS: "<jhurliman> they are screwing over third party viewers by using the convex decomposition code out of havok instead of the original library ( but that won't affect us. the omf will work it out :)"
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: it was at 0fps for several minutes
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: but it recovered nicely
[18:18] Justin Clark-Casey: I suspect the scene loop is dying and restarting
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya it seems its broken in LL too though whitestar
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: so were not missing out on much
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Wasn't there another stat that was broken?
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: most everyone who knows about that that i spoke to thinks it wont be hard to fix it
[18:19] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, right. Time dilation
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya time dilation doesnt work here
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: its hard coded to 1.0
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: pretty sure
[18:19] WhiteStar Magic: it's locked at 1.0
[18:19] Justin Clark-Casey: huuuh
[18:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Viewer is showing me 0.0
[18:20] Teravus Ousley: yep
[18:20] Justin Clark-Casey: two steps forward one step back :)
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: there are 2 options for time dilation
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: 1.0 and 0.0
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:20] Teravus Ousley: 1.0 or 0
[18:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Its binary
[18:20] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: I thought that used to be calculated?
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: actually I think its my fault its broken
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:20] Teravus Ousley: It did
[18:20] Penny Lane: If y'er gonna hardwire Time Dilation, make it 1.337 at least :P
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: i asked Jhurliman to pin it to 1.0
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: for a test
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: and it never got undone
[18:20] Adelle Fitzgerald: lol
[18:20] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, and I thought you usually just found breakage rather than cause it.
[18:21] Key Gruin is Offline
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: last Nov, Oct
[18:21] OtakuMegane Desu: That's cause it unbroke the rubberbanding and such
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: at the time we were testing a theory
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: to see if the Viewer responded differntly with differnt time dilations
[18:21] OtakuMegane Desu: That was like a year ago though now lol
[18:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, did the theory hold up?
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: kicked the user hanging the sim
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: should be recovered now
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: Noelani Kohime
[18:22] Teravus Ousley: yeah, nixing time dilation isn't really the right solution though. the right solution is to make physics and object updates line up with dead reckoning.
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: soon as i kicked them it came back
[18:22] Justin Clark-Casey: I drifted out the building a hella time just there
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:22] Armin Weatherwax: whats the most important feature missing from viewer2 (apart of a grid manager)?
[18:22] BlueWall Slade: lightshare
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:22] Hiro Protagonist: thats a good one
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, dahlia
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: that and the ability to deal with Side Bar better
[18:23] Hiro Protagonist: something else at the back of my mind though
[18:23] BlueWall Slade: water heightmaps
[18:23] Dahlia Trimble: like my new avatar? ^.^
[18:23] BlueWall Slade: :)
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[18:23] Playing: 195_95_final.320k
[18:23] Key Gruin is Online
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: Streaking today dahlia?
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: I can't figure out how to get the camera view thing to work the same in 2 as it did in viewer 1
[18:23] Justin Clark-Casey: scandalous!
[18:23] Dahlia Trimble: all I see is a cloud
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:23] Justin Clark-Casey: you're nekkid here :)
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: We see a bit more than a cloud, dahlia
[18:23] Friendly Harbour: hehe
[18:23] Hiro Protagonist: I see a nekkid ruth
[18:23] Dahlia Trimble: oops
[18:23] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I seem to have lost my appearance too
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: its reset dev's apperance day
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:24] Richardus Raymaker: ALready some idea how to fix the TP login free everything ?
[18:24] Dahlia Trimble: cant seem to weay anything in my inventory
[18:24] Dahlia Trimble: *wear
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably something not loading dahlia
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: i suggest relog
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: you probably logged in when sim was hung up
[18:25] BlueWall Slade: typical woman -looking for a good excuse to shop
[18:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Probably telling you to wait until it finishes downloading your appearance and shape
[18:25] Dahlia Trimble relogs
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: ya if we can get this login nonsense worked out
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: i think opensim will be running extremely better than 0.6.9 did
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: we sorta went backwards with the login lag though
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: that should be a priority right now
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: figuring that out
[18:26] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yeah, I'll put it up my priority list - might ask you to run experiments on friday
[18:26] Justin Clark-Casey nods
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: anything you need
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: just give me a shout
[18:26] BlueWall Slade: it's running very good in my tests so far
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya the uptimes have been great
[18:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Did you confirm if appearance is being sent to all on friends list during login?
[18:26] Richardus Raymaker: under windows i agree nebadon. under linux i keep silent. to bad
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: there seems to be a few bugs
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: i have mantis on
[18:26] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, does anybody else experience bad login lag on any other grid running master?
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: here is a nasty one
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: this spams the console constantly
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: and also this one
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: this one is a hard crash
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: seen about 1/2 dozen times now here on Wright Plaza
[18:28] Key Gruin is Offline
[18:28] Playing: stargazer.320k
[18:28] Fly Man: Justin, at this moment the loginserver for my private grid has no issues with people logging in at the same time
[18:28] Fly Man: so, that's a No for me
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: its not a login server issue
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: its a simulator issue
[18:28] Fly Man: Well, the login server sends them to 1 of the 10 Welcome Islands
[18:28] Fly Man: so the balancer works
[18:28] Andrew Hellershanks: Someone logs out and takes the sim with them?
[18:28] Justin Clark-Casey: 5128 is with mono 2.8?
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is running mono 2.8
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: all the plazas are now
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: its the new mono release
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: 5128 ends with a mono assertion, which is always a bad sign
[18:29] OtakuMegane Desu: Working well then, I take it?
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: diva said she thinks she knows why
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: at least, in the last of your cases
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: ah ok
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: she says its a bug in the HTTP server
[18:29] CarpenterSon Cooperstone: My sim seems never to be up now that tghey updated osgrid
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: she makes a note for Teravus in the notes
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: of what she was seeing
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: she wasnt sure how to compile and update the http server though
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: or something
[18:30] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:30] Richardus Raymaker: carp, and you run version 0.7 ?
[18:30] Dream Catcher is Offline
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi:
[21:33] <diva> ter_afk if you're around, that crash is because the post requests that come in with no content-type defined all go to the same static object called EmptyForm (in HttpForm.cs). Therefore that iteration in the Clear method sometimes chokes.
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: teravus is sleepy
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: wakey wakey teravus
[18:31] CarpenterSon Cooperstone: yes justin I think I am My landlord is Enrico
[18:31] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[18:31] Richardus Raymaker: eep
[18:31] Justin Clark-Casey: flick the lights on an doff
[18:31] Bri Hasp: my D2, mega on Net is now very solid since I switched cache to flotsam
[18:32] WhiteStar Magic: FYI: I updated these scripts on the OpenSim WIKI for Upgrading:
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: cool, thanks WhiteStar
[18:32] Key Gruin is Online
[18:32] Playing: second_reality.320k
[18:32] WhiteStar Magic: Thanks tyo you nebadon for fixing the tools used
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: no problem
[18:33] Teravus Ousley: meh, scheduling conflict
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: hehe welcome back :)
[18:33] Teravus Ousley: not actually back.. need to go across the street
[18:34] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: you're still using stock robust services for osgrid?
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: we are running 3 inventory server instances
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: using nginx to balance the load
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: other than that pretty stock
[18:35] Justin Clark-Casey: do you know if the mantises you referenced always appear on login, or are they occasional?
[18:35] Snoopy Pfeffer is Offline
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: the 1st one 5139 is always
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: anytime an avatar moves
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: the 2nd one is random
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: i cant pinpoint it to any single action
[18:36] paulie Flomar is Offline
[18:36] Justin Clark-Casey: 5139 is occurring all the time, even now?
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: actually not seeing this very moment
[18:36] paulie Flomar is Online
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect it only happens when a nieghbor sim cant be reached
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: but is still in the database
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: its depentand on the nieghbors i beleive
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: Teravus mentioned that previously in opensim
[18:37] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it looks like that kind of problem
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: after a few attempts the sim would stop trying
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: but that doesnt seem to be the case anymore
[18:37] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: the sim seems to never stop when it starts
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: he might have more insight into the problem
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: oh and there it is
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: now i see it
[18:38] Richardus Raymaker: why do i still see ghosts from neighborn regions ?
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: so yes
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: its still happening right now
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt want to scroll the screen back
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:38] Justin Clark-Casey: ok. I wonder if that's related to the login lag
[18:38] WhiteStar Magic: ghosts are really nasty, seems the who is logged in is also not updating well (might just be OSG setup)
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: my guess is its part of it
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: but not all of it
[18:38] Justin Clark-Casey: the messages itself probably doesn't indicate lag, but maybe something in the login process pauses when the neighbour can't be contacted
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: we probably have several contributing factors to the log in lag
[18:39] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, could be a complex set of causes :(
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: i can tell you that minimizing the console and loggin in OpenSim.exe.config
[18:39] Justin Clark-Casey: whitestar: I hear that some of the appearance work mic has been doing could relieve that
[18:39] Hiro Protagonist: maybe there is a nig delay as there is a timeout when it tries to establish a child agent
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: to INFO
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: has helped a lot
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: in how fast it recoveres
[18:39] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yeah, logging so much stuff does have an impact
[18:40] WhiteStar Magic: I'm testing on Master Head now and it seems better behaved in some respects, I am still concerned ove rteh random ossl function issues but ... ces't la vie
[18:40] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I haven't seen lag problems on fairly recent master, but that could be because my regions are standalone
[18:40] paulie Flomar is Offline
[18:41] WhiteStar Magic: neb, feel free to send out those CONFIG files
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is only 3 revs back from master
[18:41] Richardus Raymaker: i go test head on linux, hope lag is gone. go windows anyway
[18:41] WhiteStar Magic: I can also post them up to the FTP again
[18:41] Justin Clark-Casey: and I simply don't see the kidn of traffic that osgrid does :)
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: i honestly dont think anything after this rev is going to help performance
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:41] paulie Flomar is Online
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: this sim see's literally 100's of visitors a day
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: and most are wearing heavy attachment loads
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: and have huge inventory
[18:41] Justin Clark-Casey can tell when someone logins in because he suddently drifts out the buliding :)
[18:41] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: its not easy to replicate
[18:42] Justin Clark-Casey: bah, that's opensim all over :)
[18:42] Justin Clark-Casey: it's a wonder it works at all
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: ya all considering it does fairly well
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: we can Rule over use of CPU
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: right now this sim is using 57% of 1 core
[18:42] Armin Weatherwax: I had issues doing HG jumps - I always get region Jenn not found
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: thats very good
[18:43] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, quite possibly network delays
[18:43] Mojito Sorbet: Does inventory download still go through the sim you are in?
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: and only showing 1.3gb on memory usage
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: so memory is also quite load
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: low* considering the load
[18:43] Justin Clark-Casey: mojito: yes
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya I actually froze the sim few days ago
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: with inventory
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: im sure it plays a factor
[18:43] Playing: tripfiss.320k
[18:44] Hiro Protagonist: well y'all I gotta bail :)
[18:44] Richardus Raymaker: 1.3GB 1 region right ?
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: yes Richardus
[18:44] Justin Clark-Casey: bye hiro
[18:44] Hiro Protagonist waves
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Hiro
[18:44] Hiro Protagonist: See yas!
[18:44] CarpenterSon Cooperstone: humm are you saying we need to keep inventory to a minum?
[18:44] Hiro Protagonist is Offline
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: no CarpenterSon
[18:44] Teravus Ousley: okay.. whaddimiss?
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: thats pretty much an impossible request
[18:44] Richardus Raymaker: thats always good to keep inventory small
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: ya it cant hurt
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: but we cant make that a requirement by any means
[18:45] Mojito Sorbet: Eventually, there is no reason a sim has to be involved in thelling the viewer about anything not happening IN that sim
[18:45] Justin Clark-Casey: mojito: ultimately
[18:45] Mojito Sorbet: Inventory is just an example of that
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: its my understanding its because of teh viewer its done that way
[18:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, we can't do anything much about it without viewer changes
[18:46] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon, it seems opensim refuse to run with old mysql.dll under windows
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: im sure we can improve it though
[18:46] Mojito Sorbet: Texture download got moved. Inventory could too. Maybe eventually they get there
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: then use the new one Richardus
[18:46] Playing: paniq - black 2000
[18:47] Justin Clark-Casey: mojito: direct inventory is more tricky because of security issues involved
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: all the plazas are using the new one now
[18:47] Richardus Raymaker: i did after some big search
[18:47] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: oh yes, I think there are major improvements one could do with inventory
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya we should probably exhaust all of those improvments
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: before re-inventing the wheel so to speak
[18:47] Mojito Sorbet: Im not saying Inventory does not have to be controlled. I am just sayng it does not have to happen in the same process that is busy doing Physics
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: threading is a problem for sure in opensim
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: lots of optimizing is still needed
[18:48] Mojito Sorbet: Or even on the same box
[18:48] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: inter-region im still broken?
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: well it was never 100% broken
[18:48] Andrew Hellershanks: I plan to do some tests regarding optimizing prim linking
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: thats the odd part justin
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: i need to test it more
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: ive seen some big Group IM's happening
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: but ive had times where my own avatars couldnt IM each other
[18:49] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: cool
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: or its only 1 way
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: which is really odd
[18:49] Richardus Raymaker: friends online list is not correct to.
[18:49] Andrew Hellershanks: still?
[18:49] Playing: WirSindEinstein.320k
[18:50] Justin Clark-Casey wonders why friends is so tricky to get right :)
[18:50] Andrew Hellershanks: I thought friends list was fixed as of 0.7 with the whole presence refactoring thing
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: there really is no way to make online list work 100%
[18:50] Mojito Sorbet: There is some problem in SK about the friendsonline list
[18:50] Mojito Sorbet: in SL
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: Robust has no way of polling sims
[18:50] Mojito Sorbet: They just broke it
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: to see if a person is still connected
[18:50] Richardus Raymaker: 99% is fine :)
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: so if someone crashes they will stay logged in indefinatly
[18:50] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ah ok
[18:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Can't you just check the database the same way it show the count of who is logged in?
[18:50] CarpenterSon Cooperstone: thanks all for your chat I need to read this for myself I left Sl because I couldn't build in there
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: no
[18:51] Mojito Sorbet: Info about whether an avatar is connected should be separate form which sim they are in at the moment
[18:51] Justin Clark-Casey: but isn't one issue with people not showing up, rather than false positives?
[18:51] Richardus Raymaker: why does viewers not send heartbeat. no beat logout avatar on server
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: we our online user count is not accurate
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: we filter out anything over 24 hours
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: if i didnt it would show about 500 users online right now
[18:51] Fly Man: nebadon, still ?
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: yes still Robust has no way to check
[18:51] Fly Man: griduser should have the correct info
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: there is no way to poll sims
[18:51] Fly Man: at least, normally
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: to see if a user has crashed
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: no it doesnt
[18:51] Dahlia Trimble: so if I stay logged in I wont count?
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: if a user crashes
[18:51] WhiteStar Magic: OSG currently seems to have a flood of dead regions to clean out too
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: right Dahlia
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: unfortunatly its the best we can do
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: there is absolutly no way to verify right now
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: you could with a closed grid
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: where the grid ops control everything
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: but not in a open grid like osgrid
[18:52] BlueWall Slade: you have the json simstats
[18:52] WhiteStar Magic: Thjis is still happening to current Master:
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: yes Bluewall but not everyone has it enabled
[18:53] BlueWall Slade: that won't poll the avatars
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: and i cant force everyone to
[18:53] BlueWall Slade: you have it
[18:53] WhiteStar Magic: that Mantis is for Prim Shapes... sorry
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: also from what Dave was saying
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: it wasnt working it seemed
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: but maybe he had something wrong
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: we had to shut off our automated restart system
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: cause dave couldnt get the json stats working in 0.7
[18:53] BlueWall Slade: hmmm
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: we just havent had the time to look at it though
[18:53] Playing: hjb-elements.320k
[18:53] BlueWall Slade: I have it here
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: like 8000 things to do still
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: we just need to go over it again
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: we were in a rush at the time
[18:54] BlueWall Slade: are you using the ini uri?
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: to get grid back online
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: no idea
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: dave did it
[18:54] paulie Flomar is Offline
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt even try
[18:54] BlueWall Slade: or getting the hash from the region data
[18:54] BlueWall Slade: ok
[18:54] Dahlia Trimble: whitestar that is most likely a problem with llSetPrimitiveParams()
[18:54] Justin Clark-Casey: lol, so many things to do :)
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: ive been trying to fix the website last couple days
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: trying to learn codeigniter better
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: i got the stats working though
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:55] Andrew Hellershanks: setting code on fire??
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: and got some of our autotools
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: like
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: those are for adams experimental launcher
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: and whitestars update scripts
[18:56] Andrew Hellershanks: what is autocoord?
[18:56] WhiteStar Magic: I used them too u in the upgrader scripts
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: it gives open coordinates
[18:57] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[18:57] Richardus Raymaker: hmm means quciker change of loosing a place
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus its nothing new
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: thats been inplace for last year+
[18:57] WhiteStar Magic: autowin is good cause it gives the most current OSG Binanary filename to retrieve it with wget
[18:57] Andrew Hellershanks: coo;
[18:58] Dahlia Trimble: time for me to do some teleport testing. Bye all :)
[18:58] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, Dahlia
[18:58] Adelle Fitzgerald: bye Dahlia
[18:58] BlueWall Slade: bye Dahlia
[18:58] Playing: cINCH - deesha
[18:59] Justin Clark-Casey: oooh,m tune chadas
[18:59] Justin Clark-Casey coughs
[18:59] Justin Clark-Casey: time change
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: oh ya
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: when is that next week?
[18:59] BlueWall Slade: this weekend?
[18:59] Justin Clark-Casey:
[18:59] Justin Clark-Casey: the meeting will be one hour earlier for europeans next week
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[19:00] Justin Clark-Casey: oh god, now I'm going to confuse myself again
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[19:00] Adelle Fitzgerald: Justin, 18:00 ;)
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: i'll just make sure im here 1 hour early next few weeks
[19:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, that's right
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: honesly no matter what we do everyone will be confused
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[19:00] Justin Clark-Casey: actually, it's just for one week
[19:01] Justin Clark-Casey: then the next week us clocks go back too and we're all ok again
[19:01] Justin Clark-Casey: I think
[19:01] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[19:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Just set your clocks to grid time and no problems.
[19:01] Adelle Fitzgerald: yeah, thats the confusing part
[19:01] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[19:01] Richardus Raymaker: head dont fix linux lag
[19:01] Nebadon Izumi: ya i wouldnt expect it to Richardus
[19:01] Nebadon Izumi: the 3 revisions that are after the OSgrid release really will have no impact on performance
[19:02] Nebadon Izumi: they wont have a whole lot of impact at all
[19:02] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just some cleanup

Personal tools
About This Wiki